2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I really like Piano TV because she is fun. She's not really instructional as much as educational. She rarely talks about how to play. Mostly she talks about how to find songs, history of composers, how to practice... all the "other" stuff about piano.

I also like Piano Blog, but I think the bulk of his stuff is in his paid subscription. I must admit I was tempted to purchase it.

Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by SonatainfSharp
I don't use YT videos for piano instruction, but I subscribe to just two for general piano stuff:

Valentina Lisitsa (of course!)
Living Pianos (for the entertainment value)

I had the opportunity to see her live at the Steinway Gallery locally last month. She's awesome!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cmb13
Originally Posted by SonatainfSharp
I don't use YT videos for piano instruction, but I subscribe to just two for general piano stuff:

Valentina Lisitsa (of course!)
Living Pianos (for the entertainment value)

I had the opportunity to see her live at the Steinway Gallery locally last month. She's awesome!

I saw her play live, got to meet her, and she put her arm around me. I fainted (figuratively).

It was also when the Crimea/Russia stuff was going on. She gave a long talk/rant about the politics there before playing, which was very interesting (did you know she even had a bunch of concerts cancelled due to her secret life writing anti-political stuff?). Wait, this isn't a Lisitsa thread, never mind. smile

I do music stuffs
Yep, I have a YouTube channel!

Current:
1998 PETROF Model IV Chippendale
LEGO Grand Piano (IDEAS 031|21323)
YAMAHA PSR-520

Past:
2017 Charles Walter 1500 in semi-polish ebony
1991 Kawai 602-M Console in Oak
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Yes I read about the political issues. Shame that it affected her career because she's absolutely fabulous and I wish her the best. The show at the Steinway gallery was great - very intimate, only about 75 ppl there, small room. Just about 1-2 months ago.

Back to You Tube, she (Valentina Lisitsa) has dozens of AWESOME videos, including street performances, that are amazing. When I was learning Moonlight Sonata (1st mvmt only thank you) I watched her play it at least a dozen times.

How about Anastasiya Naplekova? She's playing at the same place in a month. Doesn't seem to have as much of a YouTube presence but it might be worth a few hours to see her too.

Sorry to hijack but there is some relevance here!

Last edited by cmb13; 05/08/17 04:44 PM.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Interactive videos by Saher Galt. These could be templates for how YouTube learning might be.

1. Perfecting Rhythm (4 videos)

2. Learn to Sight-Sing

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams.
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Stephanie Trick - Awesome stride player, one of the best.

Laugh More
Yamaha G7 - Roland FP7 - Roland FP80
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
S
S
Vika is great! (vkgoeswild)... one day I will be able to play her November Rain arrangement! smile

Hopefully the following links work (still getting the hang of how to post all these things!)

I also follow:
VideoGamePianist (for all you gamers out there)
VideoGamePianist

Scott Bradlee
Scott Bradlee's Post Modern Jukebox (not just piano, but he does the arrangements and also worth a gander if you're already in YouTube)
Scott Bradlee
PostModern Jukebox

I follow Scott Bradlee on facebook as well, and if you're lucky you'll catch him do a live requests session.

Last edited by sanderoonie; 06/02/17 08:57 AM.
S
S
Originally Posted by cmb13
Back to You Tube, she (Valentina Lisitsa) has dozens of AWESOME videos, including street performances, that are amazing. When I was learning Moonlight Sonata (1st mvmt only thank you) I watched her play it at least a dozen times.!

Had no idea about Lisitsa's political side.

Have you seen her videos of her practice sessions? Amazing how quickly she picks up a piece. I hope to see her live one day... smile

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Music Me
Julian Bradley Jazz Tutorials. Most excellent.

I am resurrecting this thread …. because I have recently become interested in Julian Bradley "stuff".

Specifically his website …. JazzTutorial.com.

He "seems" like an enthusiastic educator of the jazz style of piano playing.

However, I cannot seem to get a reply to any of my emailed requests for a response.

Also, his main site …. jazztutorial.com …. seems to be down more than it is UP.

Anyone else have any input about this situation.

Yes, I know he has a ton of YouTube videos.

Is his site authentic or a ripoff ?

First hand knowledge please.

Thank You

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
For entertainment w/implied technique tips bonus - Neil Archer - Cocktail Piano about as smooth and stylish as it gets:

Neil Archer

John

"Difficulties deferred and challenges unmet will eventually return with a vengeance to bite one in the butt." (paraphrasing Chopin)
T
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
T

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by dmd

I am resurrecting this thread …. because I have recently become interested in Julian Bradley "stuff".

However, I cannot seem to get a reply to any of my emailed requests for a response.

Also, his main site …. jazztutorial.com …. seems to be down more than it is UP.

Anyone else have any input about this situation.

Yes, I know he has a ton of YouTube videos.

Is his site authentic or a ripoff ?

First hand knowledge please.

He has a 30 day money back guarantee, and an active youtube channel. I don't know how you can question if the site is 'authentic'? I mean at least it has https... It looks a lot more legit than many 'learn piano websites'. Even if he doesn't refund you for changing your mind, for something that expensive that you would be thinking about using for 12+ months, $55 to try it out for a month doesn't seem like a bad deal. A half decent teacher in a city here would charge you $40 for 30mins lol.

It doesn't surprise me at all the website goes down occasionally or he doesn't answer emails promptly(or even at all). If you want better support and a more polished experience don't go with a dude trying to do it on his own, go with a proper setup model like Artistworks or Openstudio.

Last edited by AndrewJCW; 11/26/19 03:31 PM.
F
F
A great channel to listen to music is the Ashish Xiangyi Kumar. He uploads a lot of amazing classical music recordings by renowned artists (not just pianists) and writes elaborate comments about the pieces and the different interpretations.

My favorite piano YouTuber is Nahre Sol. She is an amazing artist and has the most creative piano related content. Her happy birthdays "alla" different composers are particularly amazing. Her content is both "instructional and enjoyable".

Edit: Didn't realize this thread was from 2017...

Last edited by facdo; 11/26/19 07:54 PM.

YouTube Channel with all my recordings and my piano progress.

[Linked Image]

S
S
Nothing wrong with that - things change fast on YouTube.

Agree with others Vika Yermolyeva (vkgoeswild) is awesome. I support her on Patreon.

If you are interested in music in general rather than just specifically piano then Adam Neely and Rick Beato are two of the go-to guys on YouTube for general music education.

Yamaha U1. Yamaha P-45.
C
C
I like ragtime and I like Disney so I listen to this channel in addition to many of the ones listed above. She arranges Disney tunes in Ragtime and to my ears does a good job at it. Also covers some classics like Maple leaf, etc.

First Lesson Oct. 17, 2017. Now working on Faber Piano Adventures 3B Lesson, T&A, Performance, Theory and Faber FunTime Ragtime & Marches. Kawai MP11SE. My Sound Cloud Piano recordings
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by dogperson
Graham Fitch

+1

Plenty of good stuff here.
I love free yt videos where you learn something - or a lot, i.e. tutorials
A lot of the stuff in this thread is very very good music, amazing performances but not tutorials IMHO - Scott Bradlee and others.
And there are funny teachers with fancy shirts - I love Robert Estrin's lessons.
And my small contribution:
Jenny Macmillan tutorials
Phillip Sear videos - not tutorials
Walton Music Studio tutorials
Kent Hewitt tutorial for blues piano and comping
PIanoGuyTV tutorial for blues piano

Last edited by Sol Finker; 12/01/19 07:39 AM. Reason: typo

Jaime CLP-645
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
For my own studies using the Russian Piano Method books, I am daily using Konrad Roman Salwa's channel where he individually demonstrates each piece without any discussion, but the demonstration speaks for itself. A big proviso here is that he is using the German version of the books published by Sikorski which are quite different from the English version published by Boosey Hawkes. Both are sufficient but the German version is more complete. I was never able to locate YouTube demonstrations of the English version which is more readily available on Amazon.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLomfRFag_heUiVd-Z9E9HGkcjMd2iJ5qZ

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Richrf
For my own studies using the Russian Piano Method books, I am daily using Konrad Roman Salwa's channel where he individually demonstrates each piece without any discussion, but the demonstration speaks for itself. A big proviso here is that he is using the German version of the books published by Sikorski which are quite different from the English version published by Boosey Hawkes. Both are sufficient but the German version is more complete. I was never able to locate YouTube demonstrations of the English version which is more readily available on Amazon.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLomfRFag_heUiVd-Z9E9HGkcjMd2iJ5qZ

Thanks Rich, and good to see you posting again!

[Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sol Finker
Plenty of good stuff here.
Phillip Sear videos - not tutorials

That Philip Sear channel is a bit overwhelming. He is an excellent sightreader, so he studies a piece for a couple of hours (if that long), then performs it for the camera. He picks things that no one has ever heard of...

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission