2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Advanced Piano Tricks
Advanced Piano Tricks
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
81 members (Boboulus, 36251, Abdol, ambrozy, accordeur, Animisha, bimzdbear, 17 invisible), 1,273 guests, and 446 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
J
It's a perfect storm at the moment - delay due to Covid, shortage of computer chips and a global shortage of shipping containers.

I've just purchased a new motorbike and the dealer told me the lack of shipping containers is a real problem.

Shipping container shortage

I'm really lucky I bought my piano last year under lockdown conditions when the UK supply hadn't sold out.

Fingers crossed things return to normal for everyone else affected.

John

Kawai CA79
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
I’ve been holding off on ordering a new piano until I know it’s in stock (and I haven’t settled on what I want anyway), based on lack of supply of so much other stuff. For instance, pressure treated wood is just now showing up at our local yards but the price skyrocketed. We had planned on building a new deck this summer but now we’re waiting to see if the price will come back down at all. I’ve had a mid sized upright freezer on order since July and the store has no idea when it might show up. I hope all of you don’t have to wait too much longer.

Sandy

V
V
Misery loves company I guess....

Ordered a N1X first week in January from a dealer here in Rhode Island. Still waiting going on 16 weeks. Dealer says Yamaha told him "end of April or May." Whatever that means. I guess I must be close then.

Yamaha AdvantGrand N1X
Current Piece - Chopin Nocturne Op.72 No.1
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
From what I'm reading here I guess I might never get a new piano.

R
R
I ordered an NU1X 2 months ago. The salesman said it could be arriving between September and December. Since I am moving twice this summer (waiting for new house to be finished), it is ok, I guess. Still, I can't wait to upgrade from my YDP-143.

E
EPW Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by MacMacMac

You can MacMacMac but you have to deal with a 4 letter word which we all know you won't do wink
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
"FULL" price or greater laugh

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
Tyr Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Ordered a SL88 Grand as replacement for my P-115 today. 48 Hours can be so long frown

Kawai: NV5 | MP11SE
Pianoteq 7 Pro | Garritan CFX Full | Vienna Imperial | Keyscape Full | Ravenscroft 275 - Modern U - Model D - AG | Minigrand
E
EPW Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
^

Smarty wink

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
Price doesn't matter. The pianos aren't forthcoming.
They could offer them at 100% off! But that would make no difference. There are no pianos. frown
Originally Posted by EPW
You can MacMacMac but you have to deal with a 4 letter word which we all know you won't do wink

Ya know, it occurs to me that... if it became commonplace in the ever-growing Chinese middle class to one-up the neighbors by outfitting the apartment you bought your son, as a wedding gift, with a piano... God help us.

We in The West would be left fighting over the few pianos that make it to our shores, at twice or thrice the prices we now pay. shocked

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel; a free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain." -- Morgan Freeman's character, "Red", in The Shawshank Redemption
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
I had to wait ten weeks for my VPC1 to arrive, which I thought was very long, but which I now understand is not bad at all. The waiting period brought three good things:

* One night I woke up with a severe attack of buyers' anxiety. However, because of the delay, I could still cancel my order. So the next day, I re-read all the reviews and re-watched YT films, and yes, it was VPC1 that I wanted and nothing else.

* I changed the stand that I had ordered to a cheaper one, which saved me about 50 euros.

* I added headphones to the order that were shipped together with the VPC1 and the stand for free. If I had ordered them separately, I would have had to pay for shipping costs.

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyr
Ordered a SL88 Grand as replacement for my P-115 today. 48 Hours can be so long frown

This is s a pretty smart decision. The only fully weighted, wooden keybed under $1000, from one of the reputed manufacturers in the industry. For those comfortable with or with a preference for VSTs - this would fit the job for the budget. Congrats Tyr!

A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practice it without any hope of doing it well. Such a man must love the toils of the work more than any other man can love the rewards of it.
G. K. Chesterton
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by EPW

I somehow paid my piano in full price, yet the availability and speed of delivery didn't apply to me. frown

Zzounds has now pushed back the estimated delivery date of the VPC1, from May 14 to July 16. cry

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel; a free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain." -- Morgan Freeman's character, "Red", in The Shawshank Redemption
Waiting for a piano is like waiting for Godot. frown

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by SeaDrive
Zzounds has now pushed back the estimated delivery date of the VPC1, from May 14 to July 16. cry

Adorama, Sam Ash, Alto Music, AVLGear have stock (as of 07:05AM Eastern) of VPC1. When I checked yesterday, this same listing showed only Sam Ash as having 1 in stock.

https://www.amazon.com/Kawai-VPC1-V...mp;psc=1&refRID=E4XD7R2JHF9AW64AX4V9

A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practice it without any hope of doing it well. Such a man must love the toils of the work more than any other man can love the rewards of it.
G. K. Chesterton
I'm only using zZounds to estimate when Sweetwater might actually receive the VPC1 I ordered from them. Since I live in Fort Wayne, and since items bought from Sweetwater come with a two-year in-house warranty (apart from the mfr warranty), I don't think it makes sense for me to buy this thing anywhere else.

If I buy it from Sam Ash or Adorama, and something goes wrong with it, I have to put it in a box and ship it to them. If I buy it from Sweetwater, I put it in the back of my car and drive it out to them. I'll take door #2 (even though I have to wait another couple of months).

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by SeaDrive
I'm only using zZounds to estimate when Sweetwater might actually receive the VPC1 I ordered from them. Since I live in Fort Wayne, and since items bought from Sweetwater come with a two-year in-house warranty (apart from the mfr warranty), I don't think it makes sense for me to buy this thing anywhere else.

If I buy it from Sam Ash or Adorama, and something goes wrong with it, I have to put it in a box and ship it to them. If I buy it from Sweetwater, I put it in the back of my car and drive it out to them. I'll take door #2 (even though I have to wait another couple of months).

Totally understand. I've driven up to Fort Wayne from here for a couple of returns and consignments - pretty easy and convenient. Great people.

G. K. Chesterton
S
S
Yup! Been waiting so long for a Yamaha, I kind'a forgot about the order.

Someday, decades in the future, it will mysteriously appear at the doorstep of whoever owns this place then.

H
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by stemPianist
Someday, decades in the future, it will mysteriously appear at the doorstep of whoever owns this place then.

"Santa Baby... Hurry down the chimney to me...!".

A sincere good luck to all of you who are in, and/or hit by, this club.

Cheers and happy--hopefully still somewhat expedited--deliveries,

HZ

Last edited by HZPiano; 05/04/21 07:38 AM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
3D printed working grand piano
by Gombessa - 01/25/22 11:20 AM
Piano Parts Brands from 1900-1930
by brdwyguy - 01/25/22 07:51 AM
Piano Part Brands from 1900's
by brdwyguy - 01/25/22 07:48 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics211,342
Posts3,163,836
Members104,158
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission