2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
57 members (cygnusdei, David B, bumblebee, AlphaTerminus, Beansparrow, anotherscott, BrokenFingers, 15 invisible), 1,224 guests, and 487 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
kle Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hey, im looking for a durable stage piano. I've compared all of them in a shop, and found the rd300sx has quite a light touch but lots of functions. The CP33 on the other hand has a nice and heavy klavier touch, and an excellent grand piano sound. The FP-5 is a home/studio piano with some pretty good sounds. Which one would u advice me?

Thanks alot:)

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I bought a CP33 after comparing it with the RD300SX. I thought being happy with the touch was more important than lots of functions. I've had it for a little over a week now and I've been using it extensively during that time. Despite some minor flaws (search the forums for more info), I'm very happy with it. In the end, go with your gut.

No idea what chords you are playing? Reverse Chord Finder Pro will tell you!
K
kle Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I forgot, but has the CP33 got a layer and dual function?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Yes, both. It may be a smart thing to download the user manuals from the Yamaha and Roland websites, and read through them before you make your decision.

No idea what chords you are playing? Reverse Chord Finder Pro will tell you!
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Of course, a lot depends on your needs. Do you mainly want it for acoustic piano sound or will you be using the other sounds/functions? I own the RD300SX and have a love/hate relationship with it.

The RD's grand piano sounds are very good. I really enjoy playing them and they also cut through well in a mix. As time goes by, I like the electric pianos less. EP 2 is good if you're playing in a jazz combo but the other offerings are pretty synthetic and not very inspiring. The organs are passable and there's a choice of two Leslie types. Strings are OK. I don't really use the other sounds.

I think the 300SX weighs about 33lbs and that's a real benefit. It's also sturdily built and completely reliable (for me, at any rate). There are useful registration memories, instant access to a compressor/EQ function, and a huge bank of effects. For live use, it's very user-friendly.

The action is so-so. I find that it's quite easy to mis-trigger notes when playing piano, due to the very light action. For organ it works pretty well, and I think it's set up to trigger organ notes at an earlier point in the key-travel than for piano.

In summary, very nice grand piano sound - other sounds OK. Action is the most troublesome aspect, although it works as a hybrid action for a range of sounds/techniques. Well thought-out design and lots of functionality. Robust and easy to move around. If I were buying again, I'd likely check out the new Yamaha P-155, the Kawai MP5/EP3, the Kurzweil SP3X and the RD300GX before deciding.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
I have a CP 33 and so far I like it. The action is reasonably close to that of an actual piano so it is easy to switch between the two. It also seems to be very solidly built. It only has 5 piano samples and about 24 others including electric piano, organs, bass and strings so you have to make sure that it has all the sounds you need. One nice feature is that if you split the keyboard or blend two patches you have separate volume control for the two sounds. You even have a choice of tuning modes so if you want to record with it you can optimize the tuning for the key you are playing in.

H
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
Do you guys realize that you're replying to a thread that's been idle for over two years?

Perhaps you have the same problem that I do ... the default sort order for threads in the new forum is different than the old one. You have to click the "Posted" heading to sort by date, newest ones first. Otherwise, the first threads are the very **old** ones.

I didn't originally notice that, and more than once I've started to reply to a very old inquiry ... until I looked at the posting date and realized my mistake.

(OTOH, maybe you really intended to reply to that old thread?)

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Oops! I'm getting too old. Why do people keep changing things?

Thanks for pointing that out L Horwinkle.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Key presses “bottoming out” on percussive playing
by HillsandValleys - 11/28/21 06:11 PM
CLP 725 vs used 575
by McIntosh233 - 11/28/21 05:45 PM
Piano parts for popular songs?
by Finfan - 11/28/21 02:16 PM
My Music Diary
by itsKAT - 11/28/21 12:46 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics210,297
Posts3,149,425
Members103,457
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission