2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
53 members (anamnesis, anotherscott, 36251, bob@pei, accordeur, Damien PG, 13 invisible), 3,273 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 31 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 30 31
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Dipsy
Do we get to write little bits of blurb to go with our pieces -i.e. do we want to see the person behind the performance, like with the last few ABF recitals?

(Please forgive me as I don't know how things are done over here on Pianists corner - maybe over here the focus is entirely on the music itself).
I've enjoyed reading what people had to say about their experience with the piece - kind of adds a personal touch. But I've never participated on the PC e-citals to know how it's handled.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Do we get to write little bits of blurb to go with our pieces -i.e. do we want to see the person behind the performance, like with the last few ABF recitals?

(Please forgive me as I don't know how things are done over here on Pianists corner - maybe over here the focus is entirely on the music itself).

Hi, Dipsy! Our last few e-citals have been posted at http://ecital.net/ . We were able to introduce the piece, as well as engage in discussion about each posted recording, as each recording had it's own page. Something tells me this particular Mazurka e-cital will take a different form. I, too, am waiting with bated breath to see how this develops! smile

I may not be fast,
but at least I'm slow.
G
G
Please put me down for Op 30, No 1. I need to get to work, and figure out how to post a recording too.

P
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
P

If you feel the need to write a paragraph or so you can send it to us with your recording. Preferably you would say all you need to say with the music. smile

Regards,

Polyphonist
D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Cinnamonbear

Hi, Dipsy! Our last few e-citals have been posted at http://ecital.net/ . We were able to introduce the piece, as well as engage in discussion about each posted recording, as each recording had it's own page. Something tells me this particular Mazurka e-cital will take a different form. I, too, am waiting with bated breath to see how this develops! smile

Gerg hasn't posted here in over a year. It would be nice if he hosted it. It was easy to go from piece to piece on his site, but I doubt that is going to happen.

Edit: unless I missed it, none of the mechanics have been discussed. Where will this be hosted? Video or audio only?

Last edited by Damon; 09/19/13 11:10 AM.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Polyphonist

If you feel the need to write a paragraph or so you can send it to us with your recording. Preferably you would say all you need to say with the music. smile

Oh, buh-ruhther! Poly, just what *is* your vision for this e-cital? Clearly, it diverges from from previous e-citals in either the ABF forum or Pianist Corner. What is/are the purpose(s)? (Please be clear.) What is the format? (In other words, how will it be presented, practically speaking?) How will the hosting of sound files be accomplished and organized? Are there any restrictions we should know about before devoting our lives to this endeavor, only to have a rule pop up in the future that nullifies our participation? Curious minds want to know.

I may not be fast,
but at least I'm slow.
P
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
P
What is the format? (In other words, how will it be presented, practically speaking?) How will the hosting of sound files be accomplished and organized?

We will compile the recordings/videos of each opus together and then post them as a group. We won't need to "host" anything - just embed.

Are there any restrictions we should know about before devoting our lives to this endeavor, only to have a rule pop up in the future that nullifies our participation?

Devoting your lives? Nullifying your participation? wink

I can't think of any restrictions on anything. What kind of restrictions do you want to know about? Submit your recording to us, and we post it. That's basically all there is to the practical aspect.

Regards,

Polyphonist
M
M
Will there continue to be passive-aggressive/condensing answers to all questions? (this one included)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
P
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
P
I can't for the life of me think how my answers there were passive-aggressive or condescending. CB asked questions, and I answered them to the best of my ability. Perhaps we're just looking at this from different points of view.

Regards,

Polyphonist
M
M
I can't for the life of me think how my answers there were passive-aggressive or condescending. CB asked questions, and I answered them to the best of my ability. Perhaps we're just looking at this from different points of view.
I see.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
P
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Morodiene
I see.

By the way, did you mean condensing or condescending? laugh

Regards,

Polyphonist
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I see.

[Tooter Turtle]"Help me Mr. Wizard (Derulux!)!"[/Tooter Turtle]

Last edited by Cinnamonbear; 09/19/13 12:09 PM.

I may not be fast,
but at least I'm slow.
P
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
P
I see.

Hahaha. You really are a comedy genius, CB. Not.

Regards,

Polyphonist
M
M
I see.

I didn't see the video at first so I looked this up on Wiki and read the quote of Mr. Wizard: "Be just what you is, not what you is not. Those that do this are the happiest lot." thumb

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Sorry for the delayed response. I had to watch that entire video! laugh

Poly and I discussed a few different options for hosting the videos. I'm not entirely sure we're 100% sold on one method over another. I think the frontrunners right now are youtube/soundcloud hosting and embedding the performance in a post. It's a little crude, but if we use youtube, then anyone who wants a video posted can do so. (I also have accounts on both platforms, so this is easy for me to do.)

I tried looking up a couple different types of ecitals. I must say that last link Cinnamonbear provided was very new to me! I am not familiar with those platforms, but not averse to trying to figure it out if it is the best presentation method.

My original idea was to create a "playlist" in youtube, and embed that in a post. But I'm open to ideas that cut down on workload and make it easier to manage the music. smile

RE: "blurbs". I think, regardless of platform, there will be ample space to say something. Every concert we go to has "program notes". wink What format we do this in will vary based on presentation style, but the space should be there (ie- whether in youtube comments, or bulleted in the PW posts, etc).

Happy to entertain additional thoughts. But only if you continue to call me Mr. Wizard. grin

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Derulux
[...] Happy to entertain additional thoughts. But only if you continue to call me Mr. Wizard. grin

Dear Mr. Wizard, grin

As Damon indicated, Gerg has been busy with other things, lately. The e-cital.net format was great while it lasted, (although not without its own issues) and maybe someday we can use it, again. Since it is not available, I would suggest looking at the ABF formats, and the way they are organized. Some include a "locked thread" of submissions, and encourage discussion in a separate recital discussion thread. I really liked the way that the most recent Grieg e-cital was organized. But whatever you decide, I would also encourage you to apply "least restrictive environment" principles regarding submissions and links. Look at the diversity of hosting sites represented in Member Recordings. Personally, I would not want to have to open a Sound Cloud account when I have a perfectly good Boxnet account working for me! wink My hope would be that you would allow people to submit links to their recordings in the format that works best for them, as long as they are stream-able.

Thanks for your consideration! thumb

I may not be fast,
but at least I'm slow.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Mazurka Op. 67 # 3, Darst

Musica 71
P
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by musica71

Huh?

Regards,

Polyphonist
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Has the list been updated?

Private Piano Teacher and MTAC Member
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by musica71

Huh?

Judy Darst = Musica71

A regular on the amateur competition circuit and a fine pianist and PW contributor. C'mon Poly. Get with it.

I may not be fast,
but at least I'm slow.
Page 9 of 31 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 30 31

Moderated by  Brendan, Kreisler 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
More Bösendorfer 225 from the Chromatic Vortex
by James Gordon - 06/27/22 06:03 PM
Replacing fallboard decal
by Acceber - 06/27/22 03:44 PM
Your "Best Digital Piano" Opinion Requested
by IraBob - 06/27/22 02:18 PM
Yamaha rant
by WTF Bach - 06/27/22 01:58 PM
Crowdsourcing Fingerings and Solutions
by Papa D - 06/27/22 01:27 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,698
Posts3,203,780
Members105,659
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission