2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, 12 invisible), 1,877 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
As I expected with such a major upgrade we are experiencing some issues with the new version of the forums.

We will work on getting them all fixed, but first we have to know about them.

PLEASE READ FIRST, THEN USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT PROBLEMS
We Need Details! If you are reporting a problem, please include which browser you are using (and version if possible), along with the operating system of your computer (ex: Browser: Firefox 53.0.2 (32-bit), or Chrome, Windows 10, or Mac OS 10.?,) or if you are accessing via a mobile device, what the device is and what operating system (Android, PC, Mac, etc.). The more details we have the better because some issues may be specific to the device and system you are accessing the forum with.

PROCEDURE:
1.) Check to see if someone has already reported the same problem. If it has been reported, but you are using a different browser and/or operating system feel free to add your report, including those details.

2.)Details are important (see We Need Details! above). It helps us to know exactly what you were doing and what you were using to access the forums.
3.) Screen shots. If you are reporting that something doesn't look right, a screen shot/capture would be helpful if possible.
4.) If you just want to make a comment about a new feature, or the changes made to an old feature please use a separate thread.

I have posted the reports I've already received.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Reported Issues:

• HI, since you implemented your new forum format, I see you have deleted the 'INDEX" button, and now have a "HOP TO" button. This HOP TO button does not work. It doesn't work on my Android phone or my Windows computer. The :INDEX button was much easier to use. Can it be brought back? Thanks. DonZon.
  • "mark all posts as read" doesn't seem to be working
  • I am unable to register with your piano forum. After inserting my age verification and pressing continue nothing whatsoever appears on the next page. Thank you.
  • the horizontal lines / shading between the forums (that separated them in the list) have disappeared as have the horizontal lines
  • I did notice that we used to have a "back to forum index" link at the bottom of each page when you're inside a thread, this seems to have disappeared. It was useful

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
New forum not displaying correctly on mobile phone(s)...
I’m on an iPhone 6S, but is on all phones, also Samsung phones. The site zooms in when you open it on a phone, but you still have to scroll to the left and right to see the text.

You can see it in the attachment.

[Linked Image]

Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
On my LG G4 android phone and using Google browser I tried selecting "desktop site" which works but when deselecting desktop mode, Pianoworld forums still have to use scroll bars to read text. However if two finger zoom is used to bring all visible there is then no requirement to use scrolling. This works with portrait and landscape mode.

Ian

Last edited by Beemer; 05/13/17 09:41 AM.

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
L
L
. I just noticed that not only I'm unable to send anyone a private message, I can't open anyone's profile either. Every single username on the forums has a javascript:void(0); redirect to it, which as it says, redirects to a blank page upon clicking, instead of the corresponding profile page.

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by luckiest_charm
. I just noticed that not only I'm unable to send anyone a private message, I can't open anyone's profile either. Every single username on the forums has a javascript:void(0); redirect to it, which as it says, redirects to a blank page upon clicking, instead of the corresponding profile page.

Odd, because when I click a user name I get a drop down menu with Send Private Message being one of the choices.
What browser and O/S are you using luckiest charm?

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

S
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
PW Gold Subscriber
S
Originally Posted by Piano World
Originally Posted by luckiest_charm

Odd, because when I click a user name I get a drop down menu with Send Private Message being one of the choices.

On my iPhone, I am able to send a private message but I do not see the complete user profile for any user

L
L

It seems to have gotten fixed automatically. The drop down menu shows up as it should, however the address bar which shows up while hovering on a link in Chrome still shows the same javascript:void(0). Not that it bothers me, just thought it might be of some use.

Here's a screenshot - https://s13.postimg.org/tek1bzj8n/Snap_Crab_No_Name_2017-5-14_1-38-18_No-00.png
Notice the error right above the start button, while the mouse is hovering over dogperson's username. Clicking on it would now work as intended though.

I'm on Chrome, Windows 10 professional.. 64 bit.
However, the issue was there prior to the forum upgrade as well, both on my PC and on my OnePlus 3. So I don't think this upgrade has anything to do with it. Looks like others are having variations of it as well.

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Can't find three image links in photo gallery to copy to another forum. I can copy the URL but then I only get the link preceded and followed by [/img]...[img] which is active.

iPad 10.3.1

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
New forum not displaying correctly on mobile phone(s)...
I’m on an iPhone 6S, but is on all phones, also Samsung phones. The site zooms in when you open it on a phone, but you still have to scroll to the left and right to see the text.

You can see it in the attachment.

[Linked Image]

I noticed this on my mobile phone as well, LG V10. Is it because of the banner at the top saying "Welcome to the Piano World ...", causing us to have to scroll right or left?

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
The Top link is often, but not always, missing from the threads.

iPad 10.3.1

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
It's great that https is finally working!

But there is a small issue

Not sure if this was reported already but there seems something wrong with the security

If I go to

https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics

I get

Safari can't verify the identity of the website "forum.pianoworld.com"

Digging a bit deeper gives
"The certificate is not valid (host name mismatch)

With Tor I get

Your connection is not secure

The owner of forum.pianoworld.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Tor Browser has not connected to this website.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Antoher issue with https:

If I go to https://recitals.pianoworld.com/

I get a completely different site than

https://recitals.pianoworld.com/

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
And another issue

When I try to log in with Tor browser I get

Your IP address is currently listed in the Stop Forum Spam database as a known spammer/spambot, and as such your account cannot be registered. To proceed you'll need to request a removal to clear yourself from their database.

Can this be fixed?

Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Column width using 'Default' or 'coffee' is narrower than with all the other options (at least on my laptop). This may be so by design, but I prefer the slightly wider column present on the other options, but I like the coffee color option the best. Can the column width be increased on the coffee option?

[Linked Image]
Yamaha C3X
In summer, the song sings itself. --William Carlos Williams

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wouter79
Antoher issue with https:

If I go to https://recitals.pianoworld.com/

I get a completely different site than

https://recitals.pianoworld.com/

Hi Wouter,
We aren't ready to set up the forums or recital pages for https: yet, I first have to go back in and set EVERY image to point to https, a task that will take some time.
The primary Piano World site (not the forums or recitals) should work ok as I tried to assign everything with the new version to be secure.

I am curious about the spam message though, we are not on any spam lists that I know of.
Or are you saying our site claims your IP is on our list? That's possible if it's looking at a general IP (used to happen to people with AOL). Can you get me the exact IP?

Thanks,
Best,
Frank B. / Piano World

Last edited by Piano World; 05/14/17 04:19 PM. Reason: Updated

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Stubbie
Column width using 'Default' or 'coffee' is narrower than with all the other options (at least on my laptop). This may be so by design, but I prefer the slightly wider column present on the other options, but I like the coffee color option the best. Can the column width be increased on the coffee option?

Hi Stubbie,
Exactly which columns? Can you grab a screen shot for me?

Best,
Frank B.
Piano World

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Top link appears if logged on. Does not appear if not logged on.

A
Bronze Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
A
I am using an HP PC with Windows 10. I also use an HP PC with Windows XP at work. I am experiencing the same problem on both computers.

I refer you to the recent Piano Forum thread "Rebuilt Blüthner Patent grand (not mine)", created by Joe80. A number of bloggers have replied to this thread with video clips that they have posted. Not all of the video clips work now. One clicks on the video clip, and one gets the message "An error occurred. Please try again later".

SOME of the video clips are working after the update, but they were ALL working fine before the update.

B
BDB Offline
B
I am not able to change my time zone in the Preferences. I am using Safari in MacOS 10.12.4. If I try to set it, it does not stick.

Semipro Tech
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission