2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
28 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, 8 invisible), 1,180 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Piano World
Any time you find a delay in accessing a page, please check to see if your browser is indicating what is causing the load issue.
Whenever I run into something like this I see a message in the very bottom left of my screen telling me what it is trying to load that is not going through.

Having this information would be a big help in tracking down what it is.

Another thing you might try, hit CTRL & F5 to clear the cache or close and open your browser.
Every time you connect to a site (any site) you go through a series of routers on the Internet. Every once in a while I run a trace route (in a dos command prompt tracert pianoworld.) I've seen it go through ten routers all over the country before finally hitting the host computers (which are in Canada). And I've seen it hang up for a long time on one router before being passed off to another.
Any one of the routers along the way can cause a delay, and yes it would take a different path depending upon the site you were trying to connect to.

In the meantime I'm running some tests and looking for ways to improve speed.
One of those tests can be seen here: https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/cJ0MKu/http://forum.pianoworld.com

As you can see by the results, there is no one magic bullet.
Some things I will work on myself, others will require help from our hosting service, and some are beyond my scope.

Frank,

As sent to you in my recent PM the message on the bottom left indicates "waiting for forums.pianoworld" Previously the messages indicated the advertiser service causing the delay but not anymore. I have no delay problems with any of my ten (not pianoworld) forums. I regularly clear my cache and do other computer housekeeping.

EDITED: I wrote too soon about no waiting for advertiser loading to complete. Now I have no completion at all on piano forum after several minutes. Messages are alternating between:

"waiting for bid.contextweb.com..."

and

"track1.aniview.com..."

regards,

Ian

Last edited by Beemer; 07/22/17 09:37 AM.

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Update:

I have solved the webpage delay problem by stopping everything related to Google analytics. Forum page changes are now instant.

Ian

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber

Not a problem per se, but just wondering if we could have a "Like" button on posts. There are many times when I like a post or agree with a post but don't have anything to add to what has already been said. It would be great to have a way of expressing agreement or support for what someone else has already posted.

Last edited by Rosewood17; 07/29/17 01:14 PM.

Roland LX-7
Started lessons in April, 2017
In progress: Alfred's Adult All-In-One Course: Lesson-Theory-Technic: Level 2 | Fundamentals of Piano Theory - Level 2 | Hanon: The Virtuoso Pianist in 60 Exercises
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rosewood17

Not a problem per se, but just wondering if we could have a "Like" button on posts. There are many times when I like a post or agree with a post but don't have anything to add to what has already been said. It would be great to have a way of expressing agreement or support for what someone else has already posted.

Why introduce clutter? If your proposal was accepted then others would be asking for a "dislike" button.

Ian

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
D
D
This may not be considered as a problem, but I just found it odd why search engine would behave differently.

Whenever I would like to come to Piano World, I just typed "Piano World" in Google search and this site almost came up on top. For some reason recently, a different site, Carlson's Piano World, came as the top result.

I am not against Carlson's, and of course I can always use Bookmark function to save this step. I am an illiterate when it comes to how search engines sort their results. I am just curious about this change.

1969 Hamburg Steinway B, rebuilt by PianoCraft in 2017
2013 New York Steinway A
Kawai MP11

Previously: 2005 Yamaha GB1, 1992 Yamaha C5
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I don't suppose that this is the correct place to mention this. It is very minor, and I am probably doing something wrong.

I tend to log in to the forum, open the most recent thread and then just click on "previous thread" until I have read all the threads with anything new. Sometimes I am taken to the most recent posting, sometimes I am taken to the very beginning of the thread. Why is this?

BTW I thought it was better when the "previous thread" option was at the bottom of the page, not the top, but this is scarcely an inconvenience.

10 out of 10 for an excellent site!

Currently working towards "Twinkle twinkle little star"
I'm not sure about the "Previous Thread" button and how it determines where it points to exactly, but you can always use the "Active Threads" button to see all of the most recent posts on the forum.

Also I use Koniro theme and the tweet/like buttons at the bottom above the quick reply are annoyingly off-set, with regards to the "previous thread" button being at the top of the page, I'm sure they could tweak the template and add another link at the bottom if they wanted, should only take a couple lines of code. smile

Yamaha MOX8 Synthesizer

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Thank you for bringing the "Top" link back. Not sure when it came back, but I just noticed it now ;0

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

D
D
I was just like to capture a screenshot with a mac screenshot software Cloudapp but a better alternative would have been better.

Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Debby Lesko
I was just like to capture a screenshot with a mac screenshot software Cloudapp but a better alternative would have been better.
?

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission