2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (20/20 Vision, booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 12 invisible), 1,994 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 46 of 46 1 2 44 45 46
T
T
Originally Posted by Boboulus
Hi,

I’m in the market for a home DP and really like the look of the LX-series and everything seems pretty good about them. I’m mostly looking at the 706 or 708 and might just go with the 708.

Just reading now about the issue with the sound feeling far away. Did Roland fix this yet with a FW update as hinted or is this still present? Is this an issue on all LX or mostly on the 706?

I think you'll need to test it for yourself. For me for example, I needed to tweak the default sound a little bit, and I only seem to like European V2 for 99% of my practice, European v1 is nice as well, but 2 seems fuller. For LX705/LX706 I would first go to settings, hit a factory reset, and afterwards go for the setting and look for speaker setting. Newer updates to LX705/706 include a speaker setting option, where you have natural and dynamic options to choose from. Make sure your option is Dynamic, since that's the one which was added with a software update.

For LX708 though, since you have the tweeters up top and you could open the lid, you don't perceive the lack of brightness probably because of those 2 extra speakers. I would say to try these in person. It's good that you settled for LX706/708 because you will get a much better key action, I owned a HP605 previously, and I certainly feel the difference with the new action.

www.youtube.com/channel/UC073i6RnxK4NcnoFp1jYh7Q The place where I ocasionally post my amateur recordings smile
Criticism is welcomed since it helps improving and going forward!

Yamaha P-105 -> Roland HP-605 -> Roland LX708
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by tudor33sud
Originally Posted by PianoStartsAt33
Recordings of new LX series pianos sounding through speakers are rare, so, I've made one (may be it will be useful for those interested in how built-in speakers sound)

May I ask if you still use the previous speaker setting or the Dynamic one which was added with firmware update? It seems like your piano has lot of brightness in it which I quite like, but it may be only because of the recording. smile

Other than that, I hope you enjoy your Roland Piano as much as I do.

Oh, sorry for late answer. Not always have time to check what happens on forum...
No, this recording was made before Dynamic and Dynamic 2 setting were presented by Roland. I just added some brilliance and set "single note character" up to +2 or +3 for almost every note.

If you wonder what may happen if you start learning piano as an adult (at the age of 33, for example) - subscribe my channel and let's find this out together:)
YoutubeChannel

Nord Piano 5

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Some more classics on Roland LX series piano smile Via usb-recorder this time.

If you wonder what may happen if you start learning piano as an adult (at the age of 33, for example) - subscribe my channel and let's find this out together:)
YoutubeChannel

Nord Piano 5

E
EPW Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
E
Chopin in Shorts LOL

Anyway thanks for sharing. Nice playing.

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Right? The revealing outfits in classical music are getting out of control: first Yuja, then Lola, now this!!! laugh

Enthusiastic but mediocre amateur.
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
This prelude is in 4/4 and on every third beat there is a dotted eight followed by a 16-th. You play it like it’s in 12/8 and on the third beat you play two eights followed by a third one. This is a change in rhythm. Unless it’s an intentional interpretation, you may need to check your score and count it properly.

Last edited by CyberGene; 04/03/20 11:01 AM.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by TheophilusCarter
Right? The revealing outfits in classical music are getting out of control: first Yuja, then Lola, now this!!! laugh

Last edited by BB Player; 04/03/20 06:58 PM. Reason: Infantile comment deleted.

YoutubeChannel

Nord Piano 5

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by CyberGene
This prelude is in 4/4 and on every third beat there is a dotted eight followed by a 16-th. You play it like it’s in 12/8 and on the third beat you play two eights followed by a third one. This is a change in rhythm. Unless it’s an intentional interpretation, you may need to check your score and count it properly.

Just some sort of chaotic amateurish style smile You play something, and i you like it, you keep it, no matter it is "not in a proper way" smile

YoutubeChannel

Nord Piano 5

Page 46 of 46 1 2 44 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission