2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
53 members (Chris B, Cheeeeee, Carey, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 10 invisible), 2,009 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I was just reading through the thread entitled "Why do pianists like cats so much?" and it got me to thinking... wouldn't it be fun for everyone who has a pet of any kind, (cat, dog, bird, reptile, whatever have you!) to share pics of your critters? (or has this been done on here before?)

Here is our gigantic purebred German Shepherd, Sheba, who recently celebrated her second birthday. She is without a doubt, the biggest, best-behaved, ridiculously-intelligent, most huggy-kissey, oversized lapdog in the universe! When she's not snuggled up tightly with us on the sofa, Sheba loves to sit right beside me at the piano and she watches me play. I swear she's listening to every single note!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by camperbc; 10/31/19 01:21 AM.

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

- Casio (Casiotone) CT-S300 - 2020
- Casio (Privia) PX-870BK - 2019
- Casio (Casiotone) CT-680 - 1990
- Yamaha (Portatone) PS-25 - 1983
- Yamaha (Portasound) PS-2 - 1980
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
That is one attractive healthy looking dog. It must get a lot of love.

No prizes for guess about my pet... I might post a better pic later if I remember.

Last edited by AndrewJCW; 10/31/19 01:39 AM.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by AndrewJCW
That is one attractive healthy looking dog. It must get a lot of love. No prizes for guess about my pet... I might post a better pic later if I remember.

Thanks, AndrewJCW! Yes, Sheba certainly does get lots of love, and she gives back every bit as much in return! And here's Chrissy, a purebred Shih Tzu who's been with us for 12 years and is still going strong. Despite a size difference of about 90 lbs, Chrissy and Sheba get along famously; are the very best of friends. Inseparable! Also a quick snap of our two girls together.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your kitty!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Glen

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
These are our two furballs. They are a pair of Siberian cats - a magpie and a tabby. They were rescued in Moscow and flown on Aeroflot to join us in Amsterdam, and as littermates, they are never found far from each other.

My wife babies them in Russian so unfortunately they don't understand me at all in either English or Chinese, and they just give me these head-tilted quizzical looks like, "what are you jabbering on about?" and "should I poop in your slippers now?"

Here they are lounging on the terrace and also relaxing in their beloved cat-tree.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by camperbc

[Linked Image]

Beauty!!

All of them are nice.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's all about the inflection!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
The cats are cute. We have a black one that showed up in our backyard one day years ago. Somehow she heard my wife will feed any animal that shows up!

The German Shepard though is gorgeous! Is he so lovable to everyone, camper?

Kawai NV10
OP Offline
Originally Posted by TomLC
... The German Shepard though is gorgeous! Is he so lovable to everyone, camper?

Thanks, TomLC! Yes, Sheba sure is a beauty! She's very loveable to everyone she knows. Mind you, if someone were actually foolish enough to try to break into our home, or worse, attempt to harm me or the Missus... well all bets would be off! That's just the nature of a German Shepherd... they will protect you at any cost. As my wife says, "a burglar might get in, but they won't get out!"

Sheba is getting prepared to entertain the trick-or-treaters who'll be showing up at our door in droves within the next couple hours. It's interesting that all the little kids absolutely adore her, while all of the Moms and Dads prefer to stay well back from the door! Although she's just a big baby at heart, her immense proportions can be a bit intimidating... you see, Sheba is positively huge, standing a ridiculously-tall 30 inches at the shoulders, sporting a massive 38-inch chest circumference, a 19-inch neck, and weighing in at 100 lbs. And she is far stronger than any human. But she's extremely well-behaved at all times, and never needs to be corrected or scolded. Ever. Sheba has never once taken or chewed anything that didn't belong to her, and she was completely house-trained when we brought her home at just 8 weeks. And you can even leave a plate of food sitting out and she will never touch it. One-of-a-kind, this girl!

Here's a few more pics of our Diva...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Glen

OP Offline
These are our two furballs. They are a pair of Siberian cats - a magpie and a tabby. They were rescued in Moscow and flown on Aeroflot to join us in Amsterdam, and as littermates, they are never found far from each other.

My wife babies them in Russian so unfortunately they don't understand me at all in either English or Chinese, and they just give me these head-tilted quizzical looks like, "what are you jabbering on about?" and "should I poop in your slippers now?"

Here they are lounging on the terrace and also relaxing in their beloved cat-tree.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tyrone, both of your cats are really beautiful!! We once had a gigantic, long-haired tortoise-shell named Dana, who was an integral part of our family for many years. We still miss her to this day.

Glen

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Wonderful pictures. Have fun tonight! Halloween here takes place mostly at city parks. It’s a shame, but if your child received candy at a strangers house, even in nice neighborhood like we live in, you wouldn’t let them eat it. 😞 Also, many of our neighbors are Asian, who see Halloween as an evil holiday.

Last edited by TomLC; 10/31/19 04:23 PM.

Kawai NV10
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TomLC
Also, many of our neighbors are Asian, who see Halloween as an evil holiday.

It is an evil holiday.... Oops! That must be my inner-Chinese talking! 🤭

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member

🙈.

Kawai NV10
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cmb13

It's all about the inflection!

They hear my inflection and think, "definitely slipper pooping time!"

[Linked Image]

H
H
here is a picture of my kitty croissant. her name is Princess Bo Bo. She plays piano with me just about every day.

[img]https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMHGQptbqHz1cYlLHw6WlL3W0u_L7QOHC-L5vpK[/img]

currently on the 4A books on Piano Marvel
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by HarmonySmurf
here is a picture of my kitty croissant. her name is Princess Bo Bo. She plays piano with me just about every day.

[img]https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMHGQptbqHz1cYlLHw6WlL3W0u_L7QOHC-L5vpK[/img]

Got an error:
404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

Can you upload to the forum photo gallery over here, and then you can link to it from your post here?

[Linked Image]

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
We use to do cat fostering, but we ended up with what is called a foster fail. We adopted our foster cat Freya. She had been dumped and was very needy, always wanting attention. That suited my partner who has a chronic illness and spends a lot of her time in bed.

I'm currently on the other side of the planet from home and talk via Skype with my partner. This morning Sydney time I Skyped with her while she was lying in bed with her tablet, halfway through the call the cat jumped on the bed and curled up in the frame of the Skype view. I loved it, being able to see our cat even though she totally ignored me.

She has become extra insecure while I have been away needing even more attention.

A couple of months back our cat was concerned that I was working too hard and that she wasn't getting enough attention and this was the result.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoVQ2CmMrkuqwAN2tkJ87QMMLbKU

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Your German Shepherd is totally gorgeous camperbc. There is a lovely warmth in her eyes.

And your cats Tyrone, I can totally understand why your wife pampers them, they are beautiful and know it. Perhaps you need to do more pampering yourself to get them onside. Lots of Chinese whispers about how special they are.

H
H
oops. sorry. didn't know we could upload pictures here.

[img]http://forum.pianoworld.com//ubbthreads.php/galleries/2908779.html#Post2908779[/img]

H
H
maybe this will work...[Linked Image]

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by KevinM
A couple of months back our cat was concerned that I was working too hard and that she wasn't getting enough attention and this was the result.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoVQ2CmMrkuqwAN2tkJ87QMMLbKU

Oh, what a thoughtful cat! decided to gift you with her presence!

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission