2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (brdwyguy, Carey, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, 11 invisible), 1,905 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 191 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 190 191
L
L
Can any CA 99 owners say anything about the sound quality through speakers ?
The CA 98 had fierce discussions of sounding “boxy” but it seems that the CA 99 owners have not this issue at all right ?

Currently: NU1X
Previously: VPC-1 / CA-58 / CA-98 / CA-79
R
R
Originally Posted by lovelovemale
The CA 98 had fierce discussions of sounding “boxy” but it seems that the CA 99 owners have not this issue at all right ?

Yes, please comment on the quality of the soundboard speaker. I am debating whether I should get the CA79 or CA99.

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
If the sound on your CA98/99 is boxy then you probably did not use wall eq setting, also Kawai sound is by itself soft in big dynamic range and with normal touch setting you have to put your back to it and use good technique to achieve brighter sound. Touch and wall eq settings are probably the biggest reasons people consider sound on those pianos having boxy sound. Of course there are many brighter digital pianos(especially Pianoteq ones) but I also played a lot soft sounding acoustics.Honestly I still think Roland and Kawai have most realistic sound behaviour on their pianos. Still I'd like to know more about CA99/CA98 comparison, so far not enough informations out there.

Originally Posted by richdinoso
Originally Posted by lovelovemale

Yes, please comment on the quality of the soundboard speaker. I am debating whether I should get the CA79 or CA99.

It's exactly the same soundboard speaker as in CA98 so if you like it in CA98 then I'm 99% sure you will in CA99. I can't imagine playing digital piano without this soundboard speaker anymore.

Last edited by Nordomus; 03/21/20 05:10 AM.

Roland LX708
K
K
My very very new beast smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not sure if this link actually works without posting so here goes.

Last edited by Killomiter; 03/21/20 09:29 AM. Reason: attempting to try placing pics
G
G
Originally Posted by Killomiter
My very very new beast smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not sure if this link actually works without posting so here goes.

BEAUTIFUL!!

Congrats - enjoy your new piano :-).

Galuwen

O
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
O
Beautiful, enjoy your new DP Killomiter!

Osho

Mason & Hamlin BB
Kawai Novus NV10 + VST + Genelec 8050B monitors.
Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): Pianoteq 7/VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
Tyr Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I don't like the Cabinet Design but congrats. laugh

Kawai: NV5 | Yamaha: CLP-745R
Pianoteq 7 Pro | Garritan CFX Full | Vienna Imperial | Keyscape Full | Ravenscroft 275 - Modern U - Model D - AG | Minigrand | The Oeser
K
K
Thx Guy's - this may take a while to sort out goodies etc smile

D
D
Originally Posted by Tyr

Though not a big difference to your NV5?

Just playing my NU1X.
And love it. Cheers!
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by dima5222
Originally Posted by Tyr

Though not a big difference to your NV5?

The images above is a CA79 and it’s not similar to the NV5. The CA99 however is very similar to the NV5 but the NV5 is a little slimmer I think.

R
R
Originally Posted by Nordomus

It's exactly the same soundboard speaker as in CA98 so if you like it in CA98 then I'm 99% sure you will in CA99. I can't imagine playing digital piano without this soundboard speaker anymore.

Yes I agree. I think improved soundboard speaker should be the standard pat of DP audio system in future. It is the best and only correct way to simulat and reproduce the sound of AP.
If I have the opportunity, I will upload a short video, which is a small experiment in which I play piano audio on wooden board by a transducer.

CA98+ART RM5~~RME ADI2 DAC+tube Pre-Amp
VSL CFX&D274&Bluthner1895, Pianoteq7, Ivory2 ACD, Galaxy VintageD&StD, Bechstein DG, Embertone 1955Walker
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Boboulus
The images above is a CA79 and it’s not similar to the NV5. The CA99 however is very similar to the NV5 but the NV5 is a little slimmer I think.

NV5 : 149 x 46 x 110 cm
[Linked Image]

CA99EP : 144.5 x 47 x 101 cm
[Linked Image]

The NV5 is wider, taller, but a little less deep than the CA99.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
T
T
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello Tyler, welcome to the forum.

It's good to hear that you are considering the CA79, however I would also recommend attempting to play-test the instrument, along with other models from different manufacturers in this price range, before deciding to purchase.

If you have not done so already, may I recommend using the dealer locator on the KawaiUS.com website to check if there is a dealer located in your area:

https://kawaius.com/find-a-dealer/

Kind regards,
James
x

Coming back to this.

I still can't get out to test one of these pianos but am sure I will love it based on extensive research I have done and having played some of the comparable Yamahas. It will be a very big upgrade over my currently 13+ year old Roland HP101.

The nearest Kawai dealers to me are around a 4+ hour drive round trip and now they are all under mandatory lock down from the corona virus for who knows how long. Kawai is currently running a special on their website that says Up to $3000 off the purchase of a new digital piano, but its only available through the Kawai dealers that I can't get to. I emailed KawaiUS and they said they can't offer the sales price direct online as to not undercut their dealers. Most reports im seeing on here people that are able to get to a dealer are paying < $3500 for the CA79. The Kawai sale says its only good through April 12th but the nearest dealers to me are under lock down through that date. Is there any online dealer that offers this Kawai sale to those that cant get to a brick and motor location before the sale is over?

Thanks.

@Tyty: I imagine that you're passionate about the piano, just as most folks here are.

But I wonder whether now is a good time to be making this sort of purchase?

I say that because you seem to be hurried into an April 12 deadline ... one that you cannot meet because of lockdown.
So you fear that the offer may be out of reach.

Fear not. Always remember that the price of a piano is not the offer the dealer makes to you. Rather, it's the offer you make to the dealer. And your offer never expires!

I'd wait for this mess to end. Some of the fallout may last longer ... especially for those badly affected. But in a month or two the worst will be over ... and you'll be able to buy a piano at will.

That's my recommendation.

BTW, you didn't say where you're located. Would you mine sharing?

T
T
I just thought it was odd to be offering the instant rebate at dealers only through April 12th when a lot of people wont be able to get to a dealer and have been waiting for a good sale to make the long drive to one. But oh well if i miss it i miss it, was just hoping there were online options for those of us not able to make it to a dealer, that offered those instant rebate prices currently advertised by KawaiUS. I havent been able to find an online site offering the instant rebate. Im about 30 minutes from Sacramento, CA. The nearest dealers to me are in the San Fransisco Bay Area. Would love to have a new piano to play on while were sheltered in place since the speakers are pretty bad on my old Roland and the feel would be a world of difference.

Last edited by Tyty; 03/23/20 06:40 PM.
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Kawai James

NV5 : 149 x 46 x 110 cm
[Linked Image]

CA99EP : 144.5 x 47 x 101 cm
[Linked Image]

The NV5 is wider, taller, but a little less deep than the CA99.

Kind regards,
James
x

The NV5 is so beautiful... damn! smile

R
R
Hi all. Just looking for an opinion on price. I have been shopping around for a CA99, and the best price I have is $5100 including taxes and shipping. Is this a good price, or do you think I can do better?

Ordinarily I'd suggest that you take a look at the prices paid listings. (Refer to the "Digital Piano master sticky thread" at the top of the digital forum listing.)

But so far no one has posted a purchase of the CA99. The closest listings are for its predecessor, the CA98.

So perhaps you'll be the first to post a price?

PianoBuyer.com shows an estimated street price of $5400, and that seems to be 20% off the stated list price.
So the $5100 offer seems decent, especially since it includes tax.

BTW ... where are you located? And where are you buying?
When you say "shipping", does that refer to long-distance haul, or a local delivery?

R
R
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Ordinarily I'd suggest that you take a look at the prices paid listings. (Refer to the "Digital Piano master sticky thread" at the top of the digital forum listing.)

But so far no one has posted a purchase of the CA99. The closest listings are for its predecessor, the CA98.

So perhaps you'll be the first to post a price?

PianoBuyer.com shows an estimated street price of $5400, and that seems to be 20% off the stated list price.
So the $5100 offer seems decent, especially since it includes tax.

BTW ... where are you located? And where are you buying?
When you say "shipping", does that refer to long-distance haul, or a local delivery?

I'm in Louisiana. The "shipping" I mentioned is for shipping from another state (California). I looked at the CA98 prices paid, but it's hard to compare because CA98 is no longer brand new when they were purchased. Also, most of the data on the spreadsheet is from Europe. I wish we had a Bonners here in the US, where the price of the instruments are clearly displayed; I would have bought one last week. Instead, I'm playing this guess the price game smile.

The NV5 is so beautiful... damn! smile

Stick to the topic, please. ;p

But yes, you're right. wink

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Page 8 of 191 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 190 191

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission