2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
51 members (7sheji, bcalvanese, Aylin, Barly, brdwyguy, accordeur, 36251, Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 5 invisible), 1,351 guests, and 318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 191 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 190 191
I
I
It looks lovely!
Does the ebony appear to be real?
It's hard to tell from photo of its got a premium acoustic cabinet or if it is made of a cheaper grade polished plastic?

Thanks

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by InspiredByKawai
Does the ebony appear to be real?
It's hard to tell from photo of its got a premium acoustic cabinet or if it is made of a cheaper grade polished plastic?

In the case of Kawai, the ebony polish models are finished in our acoustic piano facility.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
K
K
I can say that having now finally seen and played although playing i the same - the different 79 and 99's for real that the wait was worth it - the finish is super, It is all a matter of opinion and entirely subjective but as I can see and compare with the Formica type plastic finish of my old Yamaha 205 side by side the EB finish is worth every penny extra. .... Just sayin smile

E
E
Has the 1.0.4 update been released?

B
B
I am another happy CA79 owner. In december 2019 I compared several Yamaha, Roland and Kawai models, and I was very impressed with the CA78. I especially preferred the key-action over the others. Especially its double escapement action felt very authentic. When I wanted to order it at beginning of January, it wasn't in stock anymore, and then Kawai launched its CA79 at the NAMM trade show. The few reviews I read about CA79 were very positive. I certainly wanted to try it when I would be in the vicinity of a shop that has it in its showroom.

While my region of Switzerland went in lockdown 12 days ago, I ordered it by phone from a major dealer. The courier delivered it within 24 hours at our gate (he didn't want to come in, and we wanted to keep him out because of the quarantaine advisory). It was quite doable to carry it with my partner on the stairs, and to assemble it. And now I have to exercise, exercise and ... enjoy! cool
[Linked Image]

I
I
Thanks that's brilliant!
For all the people that criticise the kawai for its durability, it only seems to exude quality to me!

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by BastiaanB
I am another happy CA79 owner.

Congratulations! Excellent choice.

Best
(another CA79 owner)

Originally Posted by Elboe
Has the 1.0.4 update been released?

Not yet, I’m afraid, however I expect it should be available soon.

Kind regards,
James
x

Hello BastiaanB, welcome the forum and congrats on your new piano!

I’m rather impressed that the retailer was able to ship the instrument to you within 24 hours, given the current situation,

Kind regards,
James
x

B
B
Originally Posted by Kawai James

I’m rather impressed that the retailer was able to ship the instrument to you within 24 hours, given the current situation,

Thanks for the welcome. I gave my thumbs up to The Swiss dealer at 8am, and 3.5 hours later it was picked up by a shipping company at a wholesaler's warehouse. They transported it within 24 hours over the Alps. The lockdown rules don't put restrictions on logistics as long as sufficient distance between people and hygiene rules are applied. Despite the many natural barriers (mountains, lakes) logistics are quite efficient here.

Maybe it impresses you even more that the CA79 was already picked up, before I transferred the purchase price to the dealer's bank account! It's quite normal here to be trusting while doing business nationally. grin

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by BastiaanB
Originally Posted by Kawai James

Thanks for the welcome. I gave my thumbs up to The Swiss dealer at 8am, and 3.5 hours later it was picked up by a shipping company at a wholesaler's warehouse. They transported it within 24 hours over the Alps. The lockdown rules don't put restrictions on logistics as long as sufficient distance between people and hygiene rules are applied. Despite the many natural barriers (mountains, lakes) logistics are quite efficient here.

Maybe it impresses you even more that the CA79 was already picked up, before I transferred the purchase price to the dealer's bank account! It's quite normal here to be trusting while doing business nationally. grin

Agree, totally normal here in (continental) Europe.

F
F
Hi,

really tempted on the CA79, since I am not able to try due to lockdown restriction, can you give me your thoughts on the speaker system, how good are the new 360° monitors and how they compare with headphone listening?

I own a ES8 which I found great for the price and size but since I am not moving it around I am looking for something more stable especially with better speakers, I hear a night and day difference between heaphones and speaker the latter being very muddy and not clear at all.

I am considering also used market to save something and not sure about touch screen interface. What would you think about these options (especially regarding speakers experience, I already know I can't go wrong with kawai action and sound engine with headphone)?

CA58 Used - 1700 EUR
CA67 Used - 1800 EUR
CS8 Used - 2200 EUR
CS11 Used - 2600 EUR
CA78 New - 2500 EUR
CA79 New - 2800 EUR

Thanks

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by frax79
Hi,

really tempted on the CA79, since I am not able to try due to lockdown restriction, can you give me your thoughts on the speaker system, how good are the new 360° monitors and how they compare with headphone listening?

I own a ES8 which I found great for the price and size but since I am not moving it around I am looking for something more stable especially with better speakers, I hear a night and day difference between heaphones and speaker the latter being very muddy and not clear at all.

I am considering also used market to save something and not sure about touch screen interface. What would you think about these options (especially regarding speakers experience, I already know I can't go wrong with kawai action and sound engine with headphone)?

CA58 Used - 1700 EUR
CA67 Used - 1800 EUR
CS8 Used - 2200 EUR
CS11 Used - 2600 EUR
CA78 New - 2500 EUR
CA79 New - 2800 EUR

Thanks

If you are already tempted on the CA79, why not go for it. If money is not the issue, that is.

The 300 Euro difference between the CA78 and CA79 do not make a big difference. Same for the CS11 and the CA79. I would only go for the CS8 / CS11 if you need the polished look. Don't know much about the CA67, but would consider the CA58 / CA67 if money is an issue.

D
D
This lockdown tricked me laugh Tomorrow should arrive the CA79, I have tested just the ca78, hope there isn't surprises laugh I will post feedback and photos.
P.s. Thank you for this topic.

Last edited by Dennyzz; 04/02/20 01:14 PM.
A
A
Has anyone created/tweaked the Piano's in the virtual technician? If so, might a couple of you be willing to share your lovely Piano sounds with us?

I've done a few. My favourite so far is one made with the SK-EX Jazz Clean, a touch curve of Heavy1, topboard Open3 and a Lounge reverb. Sounds quite nice!

I'm not so much a fan of the Upright - hopefully someone has done something with it to make it sound a bit nicer?

G
G
Really love the sound of the CA99:

Galuwen

Last edited by Galuwen; 04/04/20 08:10 AM.
C
C
Hi dear owners of CA79/CA99

I have kind of decided on the CA99 but with lock down haven't been able to purchase yet.

Just wanted to ask, the CA78 and CA98 had a "sticky key" issue, [https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2867411/1.html]

I've read somewhere else that this issue is fixed in the grand III, would like to hear from you owners if it has in fact been fix and if there are any issues you have come across?

Last edited by Chronicles; 04/04/20 08:16 AM.
B
B
Hello 'Chronicles'. I have a brand new CA79, and none of the keys 'stick' when I push them up. I don't know in what region you live, but it might be a good idea to check the warranty. In my region both the dealer and the manufacturer stated they give a 5 year's full warranty against defects!

Originally Posted by Chronicles
Hi dear owners of CA79/CA99

I have kind of decided on the CA99 but with lock down haven't been able to purchase yet.

Just wanted to ask, the CA78 and CA98 had a "sticky key" issue, http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2867411/1.html

G
G
Hi Folks,

bad News from Austria. I am out with my ordered CA99 EP. Not available in our country.

Positive point I got my money back.

Galuwen

Last edited by Galuwen; 04/08/20 05:54 AM.
Originally Posted by Galuwen
bad News from Austria. I am out with my ordered CA99 EP. Not available in our country.

I don't know the exact situation regarding availability in Austria, however I assume that if the CA98EP was available, the CA99EP will be available also.

Kind regards,
James
x

Page 9 of 191 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 190 191

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission