2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, 3 invisible), 1,329 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 191 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 190 191
Platinum Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
Originally Posted by Galuwen
Hi James,

I did my best to record it as good as possible. Hope the Video helps:

Galuwen

Dear Galuwen,

Don't worry. There is no extra charge for that feature. wink

Just kidding. I am sure this can be taken care of easily.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
Hello Galuwen,

Thank you for uploading the video. This should definitely be reported to your dealer and/or Kawai Europe.
I will also send feedback to the keyboard development team.

I'm confident that it's a relatively simple fix.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
G
G
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello Galuwen,

Thank you for uploading the video. This should definitely be reported to your dealer and/or Kawai Europe.
I will also send feedback to the keyboard development team.

I'm confident that it's a relatively simple fix.

Kind regards,
James
x

Hello James,

thanks for the feedback. My dealer is informed and we are trying to find short term possibility to service my CA99 by a service technician. I keep everybody updated...

Galuwen

G
G
Originally Posted by Rich Galassini
Hi James,

I did my best to record it as good as possible. Hope the Video helps:

Galuwen

Dear Galuwen,

Don't worry. There is no extra charge for that feature. wink

Just kidding. I am sure this can be taken care of easily.

Hammond would definitely charge for that "feature" :-) :-) :-).

Galu

R
R
My CA99 has a single note (E flat) that is really loud, as in like drilling my head. It's only loud on speaker, and it sounds normal on headphones. I read in another post that this could be the acoustics of the room, but I find that hard to believe. I have moved the piano about 6 inches away from the wall, and there was no change.

Any suggestions? Is there a setting that can affect this?

S
S
I am since this Monday a proud owner of CA-79 in polished ebony finish (in Switzerland). So far I am very happy with the keys and the sound. I owned a CA-97 before and I must say that key feel and sound is a huge improvement in comparison to me.

M
M
My CA99 has a single note (E flat) that is really loud, as in like drilling my head. It's only loud on speaker, and it sounds normal on headphones. I read in another post that this could be the acoustics of the room, but I find that hard to believe. I have moved the piano about 6 inches away from the wall, and there was no change.

I had similar issue. Some higher keys volume was too loud on my headphones (the cause are the headphones, not the piano), and I was able to lower down volume of certain keys with IPAD app. It is CA48 model though.

Last edited by Marcel M; 04/29/20 03:43 AM.

Kawai CA48
Hello richdinoso,

Originally Posted by richdinoso

May I ask if you hear this loud Eb when using different piano (or other instrument) sounds?

Kind regards,
James
x

R
R
Hello richdinoso,

May I ask if you hear this loud Eb when using different piano (or other instrument) sounds?

Kind regards,
James
x

James,

I hear the loud note with different piano sounds (SK-EX, EX, upright). I have not tried it with strings, harpsichord, and other instruments. I will try later and let you know.

R
R
Hello richdinoso,

Kind regards,
James
x

James,

I hear the loud note with different piano sounds (SK-EX, EX, upright). I have not tried it with strings, harpsichord, and other instruments. I will try later and let you know.

I hear the loud note with other instruments as well. But it is not as pronounced in some instruments like slow strings for example.

Hello richdinoso,

Thank you for your replies.

James,

In which case, it's probably a not an issue with the sounds/samples themselves. I wonder if there is perhaps a loose screw inside the piano, or possibly even an object in the room that resonates when that particular Eb is pressed?

If you have note done so already, please contact your Kawai dealer and or Kawai distributor (Kawai America?) for further assistance.

Kind regards,
James
x

R
R
Hello richdinoso,

Thank you for your replies.

James,

In which case, it's probably a not an issue with the sounds/samples themselves. I wonder if there is perhaps a loose screw inside the piano, or possibly even an object in the room that resonates when that particular Eb is pressed?

If you have note done so already, please contact your Kawai dealer and or Kawai distributor (Kawai America?) for further assistance.

Kind regards,
James
x

James,

Thank you for the feedback. I moved the piano far away from the wall, more than 1 foot. And that seems to fix the problem. If I turn up the volume very high, then that one note becomes obnoxious again. So I think it's the wall that's amplifying the sound. Can you recommend something to stop the wall from resonating? Would a towel on the wall near the soundboard work? Are there acoustic damping materials that could help this issue because my room is small and I want the piano close to the wall.

Search for "sound absorbing panels". There are many available.

G
G
Just wanted to update you: One full week wasted already: No call back of Kawai Service.

Galuwen

P
P
The weight of CA99:
83 Kg (183 1/3 lbs.)
89 Kg (196 lbs.) [Ebony Polish]
So the difference is 6 Kg.

I wonder, does this weight difference affect the sound quality, and also the vibration feedback to the pianist?
Which one sounds better? The heavier one?

G
G
Originally Posted by Parkher
The weight of CA99:
83 Kg (183 1/3 lbs.)
89 Kg (196 lbs.) [Ebony Polish]
So the difference is 6 Kg.

I wonder, does this weight difference affect the sound quality, and also the vibration feedback to the pianist?
Which one sounds better? The heavier one?

As I am owning the EP version I can say that the vibration Feedback of the soundboard is outstanding and works :-). Also the sound quality is marvellous :-).

No complain and the smell and look of brand new piano shellac is just heavenly....

Galuwen

P
P
As I am owning the EP version I can say that the vibration Feedback of the soundboard is outstanding and works :-). Also the sound quality is marvellous :-).

No complain and the smell and look of brand new piano shellac is just heavenly....

Galuwen

I found no comments anywhere about a side-by-side comparison of sound.
Anyway, I want EP too.
My local store says: Satin black - available. EP - they hope to get it in June.
I am inclined to wait.

BTW, what about the per-key adjustments of volume and voicing?
Still not in the manual, but are they available in reality or not yet?

The volume adjustment might be important, I already had issues with bad velocities on my two current digital pianos. I even wrote a special midi filter to run through my PC in order to correct velocities of some keys.
I don't want to have to use it on CA99 as well.

Come to think of it, a per-key adjustment of velocity curves would be great too. Just for such cases of problematic keys.
Basically, the piano (or an external software midi filter) then would need to support custom velocity curves for each of 88 keys separately.

Although even that is not enough if velocity of a key jumps suddenly from very low to very high, missing all the middle range, as in my case.
In my filter, I use the averaged velocity values of other keys from the nearby range, played together with the problematic key, or just before, or even just after (while the delay is still too small to notice).
That does not allow that single problematic key to stand out badly. It has the same velocity as the rest of the musical phrase, or as the rest of the chord.
I hope I will never have to do such equilibristics with CA99 smile

Last edited by Parkher; 05/04/20 11:24 AM.
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by Parkher
The volume adjustment might be important, I already had issues with bad velocities on my two current digital pianos. I even wrote a special midi filter to run through my PC in order to correct velocities of some keys.
I don't want to have to use it on CA99 as well.

Come to think of it, a per-key adjustment of velocity curves would be great too. Just for such cases of problematic keys.
Basically, the piano (or an external software midi filter) then would need to support custom velocity curves for each of 88 keys separately.

Although even that is not enough if velocity of a key jumps suddenly from very low to very high, missing all the middle range, as in my case.
In my filter, I use the averaged velocity values of other keys from the nearby range, played together with the problematic key, or just before, or even just after (while the delay is still too small to notice).
That does not allow that single problematic key to stand out badly. It has the same velocity as the rest of the musical phrase, or as the rest of the chord.
I hope I will never have to do such equilibristics with CA99 smile

Dude what the heck. Sounds like you had lots of problems with your pianos. What pianos/piano do you currently own? Why didn't you fix it/them on warranty? Also Kawai James already said that per note volume adjustments will be avaible in future update. Not avaible yet afaik.

Roland LX708
P
P
Originally Posted by Nordomus
Dude what the heck. Sounds like you had lots of problems with your pianos. What pianos/piano do you currently own? Why didn't you fix it/them on warranty? Also Kawai James already said that per note volume adjustments will be avaible in future update. Not avaible yet afaik.
Ok, clear. Not yet.
I wrote this midi filter for an old GEM RPStudio (Fatar keyboard).
The GEM itself is gone, let alone warranty.
The biggest problem I had with it is with C2 key. A pretty important key. It has small velocity values and then - over 100, nothing in the middle.
I have some cheap Casio digital piano as well. PX-330. With its own integrated stand - so it is a piano smile Good time to throw it away. Some keys in it suddenly begin to sound at maximal velocity. Then go back to normal again. But not at once. I must endure that loudness for quite a while. No clear algorithm how to get rid of this effect.
Actually, I love RPStudio because I can reach all the 10ths on it, it is much more difficult for me to reach C#-F on PX-330.

Anyway, I am ordering CA99 EP. The store says they get their CA99s from the same European Kawai warehouse, the sooner you order, the sooner you get it.
Perhaps stores like Thomann risk ordering a lot by themselves without waiting for specific customers, so you can get your EP there much quicker, only 2-5 days waiting time.

Last edited by Parkher; 05/04/20 02:51 PM.
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Oh ok, I'm very confident you won't have any problems with bad velocities on such high tier digital piano. Share your thoughts after you get it smile

Roland LX708
Page 18 of 191 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 190 191

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission