2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
40 members (Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, 5 invisible), 1,124 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 41 of 191 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 190 191
S
S
@gol Paul Beuscher (Paris)
I got it for a very reasonnable price, with goodies (Headphones, free delivery/installation)

H
H
Hi Folks, my CA-99 was finally ordered today from Euroconcert in Paris, they have great service, and are very nice and professionnal people, expecting to receive my precious in 7 or less days, can't wait!

P
P
Sodari,
Do you like the sound of CA99 in any of Youtube videos?
If you do, at least there is hope for you to achieve something similar. Although I don't think the sound is tweaked much in most of the videos.
You want to record it, so you are interested not in how the soundboard sounds but how it sounds through headphones. So, first of all, you need good headphones without a treble peak, and without artificial bass. I now ordered Sennheiser HD 650.
Sennheiser HD 600 already sound pretty good, but with CA99, still a bit too much highs and perhaps not enough lows, at least for me. HD 650 have less highs and a bit more lows, compared to HD 600. So I have big hopes. Scheduled delivery: Friday...
And then, I guess - everybody's taste is different.
You even like Yamaha smile
First of all, probably most people prefer SK-EX Rendering. But not everybody!
If you do too, then you should go through all 10 of its presets.
Find which one sounds best to you and then try further tweaking that one.

J
J
Just curious if anyone experienced any issue with the CA79 bluetooth MIDI?

It's been working for like 2 weeks, and today when I turned it on, my iPad can't find the DP in either the PianoRemote or Virtual Technician app.

I tried resetting the DP, restarted the DP and my iPad, but still the same. I can see the little bluetooth icon on the DP's main screen, but it just can't be found in the app. I even tried with a different iPad but still the same.

Anything I missed?

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ag_jazz_piano
Hi guys,
Haven't been reading or posting on this thread for a while and just caught up with the last 5 pages today.
I am the almost 100% happy owner of a CA99 EP ...

I would like to come back to 3 points raised in recent discussions which for me remain without clear answer...

If you have any concerns with your instrument, please contact your dealer for assistance. It's difficult to tell the extent of a problem from a forum post, however if - for example - the damper pedal is too heavy, it should be possible to visit the dealer's store and compare their display model with that of your own piano.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Originally Posted by Parkher

I like the sound of the piano in this video:

The playing isn't too shabby either. wink

Cheers,
James
x

Originally Posted by JerryY
It's been working for like 2 weeks, and today when I turned it on, my iPad can't find the DP in either the PianoRemote or Virtual Technician app.

I tried resetting the DP, restarted the DP and my iPad, but still the same. I can see the little bluetooth icon on the DP's main screen, but it just can't be found in the app. I even tried with a different iPad but still the same?

That's rather strange.

Have you confirmed that Bluetooth MIDI is definitely enabled in the instrument's main Settings menu?
If you haven't done so already, please try turning Bluetooth MIDI off, waiting a few seconds then on again.

Also, please note that BLE MIDI devices typically do not appear in the main iPad Settings app, but must be connected/paired directly within each app itself.

Finally, the Virtual Technician app is not compatible with the CA99/CA79, however even so, it should still appear in the list of available Bluetooth MIDI devices.

Kind regards,
James
x

J
J
Originally Posted by Kawai James

I tried resetting the DP, restarted the DP and my iPad, but still the same. I can see the little bluetooth icon on the DP's main screen, but it just can't be found in the app. I even tried with a different iPad but still the same?

That's rather strange.

Have you confirmed that Bluetooth MIDI is definitely enabled in the instrument's main Settings menu?
If you haven't done so already, please try turning Bluetooth MIDI off, waiting a few seconds then on again.

Also, please note that BLE MIDI devices typically do not appear in the main iPad Settings app, but must be connected/paired directly within each app itself.

Finally, the Virtual Technician app is not compatible with the CA99/CA79, however even so, it should still appear in the list of available Bluetooth MIDI devices.

Kind regards,
James
x

Thanks so much for the help. It's really weird that it worked again when I turned on the DP this morning. Magic...

One thing I noticed yesterday was after one reset, I was changing the settings and all of a sudden the screen shows "The piano is controlled by the app..." I then checked my ipad but saw nothing connected. So I simply touched the DP's screen and continued with my settings. Now I'm thinking maybe someone else connected to my DP? So it's not showing up on any of my devices?

It's also interesting you mentioned the CA79 is not compatible with Virtual Technician, but I've been using this app to connect bluetooth MIDI. Yes it can't be connected in the Bluetooth setting so usually an app is required. I don't like using PianoRemote as it always messed up with my settings once connected. Virtual Technician doesn't do that, and I once used the "Preview" function there and it seemed to work.

S
S
@JerryY
I already seen neighbours trying to connect to my TV or Sound System... so I wouldn't be suprised lol
Since, I disabled bluetooth lol

J
J
LOL maybe sit and enjoy their shows and music? Too bad it doesn't work like that for bluetooth MIDI on digital pianos.

Hello Jerry,

It's really weird that it worked again when I turned on the DP this morning. Magic...

That's interesting. I wonder if there is more than one device attempting to pair with your CA79?

One thing I noticed yesterday was after one reset, I was changing the settings and all of a sudden the screen shows "The piano is controlled by the app..." I then checked my ipad but saw nothing connected. So I simply touched the DP's screen and continued with my settings. Now I'm thinking maybe someone else connected to my DP? So it's not showing up on any of my devices?

Yes, that's certainly possible.

It's also interesting you mentioned the CA79 is not compatible with Virtual Technician, but I've been using this app to connect bluetooth MIDI.

Well, basic functions such as Bluetooth MIDI connecting/pairing will probably work in app that supports this functionality, however controlling the piano via the Virtual Technician app is not supported, even if some functions may appear to work.

I don't like using PianoRemote as it always messed up with my settings once connected.

May I ask if you can be more specific please? My understanding of the PianoRemote app is that it does not interact directly with the touchscreen, and does not store or affect settings stored on the piano itself.

Kind regards,
James
x

P
P
Originally Posted by ag_jazz_piano
I would like to come back to 3 points raised in recent discussions which for me remain without clear answer:

1- sustain pedal is very stiff on my CA99 too and even makes some noise (like the screw needs some oil) ... checked already the manual and made sure the thing in the middle is tight to the ground but the pedal is super stiff.

To provide an update on my sustain pedal, it’s much better now. Kawaii James provided some comments over PM. At first I still struggled to adjust it properly but as soon as my partner had a try, he identified that the pedal support bolt definitely could be and should be tightened further. It seems I simply wasn’t strong enough to do it myself. After tightening it’s a lot better - I believe that previously it was stiff because the entire weight of the piano was shifting up and down as i pedalled.

When you pedal, does the base of the piano stand move up and down? If so, you may need to tighten the bolt more.

S
S

I like the sound of the piano in this video:

The playing isn't too shabby either. wink

Cheers,
James
x

Yes in this video, the sound is quite good but impossible to know what settings are used in. And do you think it's recorded with Mic or line in or USB?
Thanks

P
P
There are two more videos on youtube with Adrian Galante playing CA99.
But there is also one video of pretty good sounding CA99 where the pianist answered what preset he was using. The link is here somewhere in this thread.

Originally Posted by Sodari
Yes in this video, the sound is quite good but impossible to know what settings are used in. And do you think it's recorded with Mic or line in or USB?

According to my colleagues at Kawai Australia, the pianist used the default (power on) piano sound - i.e. SK-EX Rendering | Classic type. The audio was recorded live from the Line Out connectors.

Kind regards,
James
x

P
P
Sodari,
I found that video.
It is CA79 (same thing, because the sound was recorded as mp3 to usb)
He says he thinks he was using :
SK-EX Rendering
Rendering Type: Full
Ambiance: Live Stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmj7Yi6lmg4&feature=emb_logo

S
S
Sodari,
I found that video.
It is CA79 (same thing, because the sound was recorded as mp3 to usb)
He says he thinks he was using :
SK-EX Rendering
Rendering Type: Full
Ambiance: Live Stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmj7Yi6lmg4&feature=emb_logo
Yes thank you, I already see this video and yes the sound is near to what I'm looking for. So thank you I will try this in my next video thank you Parkher
If someone have others settings reference I'm here smile

M
mwf Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Why does it sound so dull and flat in this video - https://youtu.be/F91plJU0avU

I mean it sounds great live the ca99, but it dont record well at all to my ears, the kawai demo above is great but i can only presume its been edited to sound better. I've yet to hear anything good being recorded by an amateur at home... So many digital pianos sound great live but poor recorded, got to be the lower sample sizes i would presume, and why most vsts sound so good recorded.

J
J
Hi Kawai James, thanks for your suggestion and following up on this.

Hello Jerry,
That's interesting. I wonder if there is more than one device attempting to pair with your CA79?

No it's the same iPad I've been using for bluetooth MIDI. I only used another device to scan and confirm if it's in the MIDI bluetooth list, but never connecting or pairing.

May I ask if you can be more specific please? My understanding of the PianoRemote app is that it does not interact directly with the touchscreen, and does not store or affect settings stored on the piano itself.

Every time I connected to PianoRemote, it changes all settings to default, so I'll need to change them back again on the PianoRemote app. Ideally it shouldn't change the piano setting, but "read" them from the piano and reflect them in the app. However it never worked that way.

P
P
Originally Posted by mwf
Why does it sound so dull and flat in this video - https://youtu.be/F91plJU0avU

I mean it sounds great live the ca99, but it dont record well at all to my ears, the kawai demo above is great but i can only presume its been edited to sound better. I've yet to hear anything good being recorded by an amateur at home... So many digital pianos sound great live but poor recorded, got to be the lower sample sizes i would presume, and why most vsts sound so good recorded.
Do you by live mean through the soundboard? Not through headphones?
You get real room reverbs through the speakers/soundboard even if there are none in your settings. While recording, the sound does not have to be dry, try different reverb levels (different ambiance).

Page 41 of 191 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 190 191

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission