2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (beeboss, Animisha, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 3 invisible), 1,277 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 174 of 237 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 236 237
A
A
Hello there. Any of you boys and girls use the N1X on a daily basis with the external speakers at normal volume ( 12 to 2 o clock)? I'm experiencing more and more problems with my speakers. With the main voice is all about F#3 to F#4. Some notes produce a high pitch that bothers my ears and some has a slight over performed resonance. With the other voice to but less, or in other note, always same octave.

Could It be just my ears? smirk

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Alexander Acosta
Hello there. Any of you boys and girls use the N1X on a daily basis with the external speakers at normal volume ( 12 to 2 o clock)? I'm experiencing more and more problems with my speakers. With the main voice is all about F#3 to F#4. Some notes produce a high pitch that bothers my ears and some has a slight over performed resonance. With the other voice to but less, or in other note, always same octave.

Always worth checking it's not the room, or something in the room. Not so easy with a beast like the N1X.

G
giu Offline
G
Originally Posted by Harpuia
I'm wondering if the actions of individual units vary a lot if those hybrid pianos were not regulated rigidly before going out of the factory.

Yamaha dealer usually has multiple AGs (usually at least one unit per model) but I rarely see Kawai dealers have two NV10 to try. Wondering if people find differences among different AG units in the same dealer (for example among N1X, N2, N3X).

My experience echos David's. I have tried the only NV10 on the main Kawai store in London and its action was very lightweight. Substantially more than the Kawai and Yamaha acoustic grands I have tried. In this sense the NV5 felt much closer to those acoustics. The Avantgrand N1X, N2 and N3 I have tried in the Yamaha store are all very close action-wise and quite similar to Yamaha/Kawai acoustic grands. The action of the Avantgrand N1 I tried in the same shop, which I am pretty sure is the one which is now being sold second hand (see my other thread) is closer to the NV10. So, I'd say that most of the Yamaha acoustic grands I tried in the Yamaha piano hall had reasonably similar actions. The NV10 and N1 are the outliers in this respect. Hence, I would not bet about the difference among actions we are talking about being due to variation from one piano (same model) to the next rather than from one model to another one.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
hmm......are you saying that the action of N1 and N1X feel differently to you? This sounds a bit strange.

Piano: 1982 NY Steinway Model B, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X
VST(preference in order): VSL Synchron Pianos, Vienna Imperial, Garritan CFX, VI Labs Modern U, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
.....it does, but then again, perhaps the N1 has had enough time to ‘break-in’, or maybe it has been tampered with (further regulated)?

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Pete14
.....it does, but then again, perhaps the N1 has had enough time to ‘break-in’, or maybe it has been tampered with (further regulated)?
Hah, I played an N1 in that store 3 or 4 years ago. It was excellent. I wonder if its the same one!? crazy Hopefully not. But, before lockdown and Covid those display digital pianos used to get heavy use, especially during London offices lunch time breaks.

B
B

I feel it for the C5 to B5 interval (beginning penultiem octave), specially with the Eb.
(C4 to B4 begins just after the brand name)

My pianos : Kawai ES8, Yamaha N1X
Headphone : Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 Ω
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
Originally Posted by Pete14
Hah, I played an N1 in that store 3 or 4 years ago. It was excellent. I wonder if its the same one!? crazy Hopefully not. But, before lockdown and Covid those display digital pianos used to get heavy use, especially during London offices lunch time breaks.

I too have played that exact N1 and agree the action was incredibly lighter than the N1X. Definitely of the opinion it's due to the amount it was played as a demo unit.

Last edited by OldTinho; 11/03/20 02:40 PM.

Yamaha N1X
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Don’t know how this happened but I just noticed a scratch on the key cover of my N1X and I can’t get rid of it with a microfibre cloth with piano polish spray. The scratch can’t be felt by my fingernails and it’s not noticeable from most angles but it still bothers me nonetheless. Is there any way to solve this or do I live with it?

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Live with it. A piano is for music.

A
A
Originally Posted by Beowulf
Don’t know how this happened but I just noticed a scratch on the key cover of my N1X and I can’t get rid of it with a microfibre cloth with piano polish spray. The scratch can’t be felt by my fingernails and it’s not noticeable from most angles but it still bothers me nonetheless. Is there any way to solve this or do I live with it?

I had one too and was freaking out and ended up being glue. Try and use alcohol on it and rub it. Might be the same!

V
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
V
When I bought my used N3, there were some swirling scratches that I was able to get out by applying some Carnauba car polish on them. On my Samsung dryer lid, which is like a high polish cover, the Carnauba car polish didn't do a thing but the Meguiar's Scratch X20 did the trick but only after a lot of applications and buffing out.

Not suggesting that you use those things on your N1X, just relaying my own experience.

G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Car wax doesn't remove scratches or swirl marks. But as with a car's finish, a polish will. The thing is, you have to use the right polish, as it works by removing material from the surface, and I don't know how hard the piano's polyurethane finish is compared to a car's clear coat. In any case, you need to use it carefully and sparingly, and buff it evenly.

I'd probably live with the scratch as long as you can, and if you have to, try the polish on the back of a leg first to make sure it works and doesn't make things worse.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
A
A
Anyone loving sample #4? I believe is a regular Bosendorfer grand, not imperial. But the bass of so freaking full and powerful, liked it over Imperial and the CFX. Thought the treble and top noted are to thin. It's sad it doesn't come in Binaural nevertheless.

Talking about Binaural, had my mom and sister trying the piano with headphones and I couldn't stop laughing when they were saying, "Is not working, is plugged but is not working, the sound keep coming from the speakers" And I was like, no dummy, take the headphones out and listen. They minds exploded!

Binaural is no joke. I wonder what a more bassy Sennheiser like the 600s or 700s line would offer. I have the HD458

Last edited by Alexander Acosta; 11/09/20 10:55 PM.
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Anyone loving sample #4? I believe is a regular Bosendorfer grand, not imperial. But the bass of so freaking full and powerful, liked it over Imperial and the CFX. Thought the treble and top noted are to thin. It's sad it doesn't come in Binaural nevertheless.
I use voice 4 rather often because I love how powerful the bass sounds. It's also surprisingly bright like voice 2. Are Bösendorfers supposed to be brighter than Yamahas?

Anyone loving sample #4? I believe is a regular Bosendorfer grand, not imperial.

When I emailed Yamaha, I specifically asked about voice 4 and was told it was the imperial. Not sure if the samples were EQ'd or otherwise modified, but I doubt they re-sampled another Bösendorfer.

It's sad it doesn't come in Binaural nevertheless.

Yamaha's newest CLP's have binaural Bösendorfer Imperial samples, which would be fantastic in the N1X. Also would be nice to have the historical instrument samples too.

Yamaha N1X
T
T
I would absolutely pay money to patch the N1X to have Yamaha's binaural Bosendorfer samples

I've already asked Yamaha if there's any plans for the N1X to receive these new samples... There isn't.

Yamaha N1X
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Yamaha will never do that.

I know this, I was just trying my luck grin

Yamaha N1X
Page 174 of 237 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 236 237

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission