2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
94 members (beeboss, Boboulus, An Old Square, anotherscott, brdwyguy, apianostudent, AlphaBravoCharlie, 22 invisible), 845 guests, and 524 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3063102 12/31/20 01:44 AM
L
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
L
As most of you know I traded my Sauter 130 for a Schimmel K132.
Well after a month of owning the Schimmel we are extremely happy with the exchange.
Both the Sauter and Schimmel are excellent European piano manufacturers. I needed a practice pedal if I was going to really spend more time at the piano, something I find necessary (to just cope) during these trying times with the Covid virus. (the Sauter had a sostenuto instead of a practice pedal)
The piano had its first tuning on Christmas eve. It has a beautiful tone and responds very sensitively. It was a perfect replacement for the Sauter that I had.
Here are some pictures.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dear Lady Bird, what a lovely piano in such a beautiful spot! Congratulations once again. Best wishes and a very pleasant and healthy 2021.

Fluxo

Sauter V 182
C Bechstein 8
D
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
D
These are amazing uprights. Enjoy in good health!

L
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
L
Thanks Fluxo and dhull and I wish both of you a healrhy and wonderful new year.

G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
I'm glad you're happy with the decision. It's a classic!

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Lady Bird -

If the piano sounds and plays as beautifully as it looks, you have a real winner there.

I'm curious - do you have a special piano light, or is the ambient lighting in the room sufficient for score reading?

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
E
E
Beautiful piano! I envy you the practice pedal, something I wish I had! And my neighbors wish I had! smile

Emily R.
Massachusetts
2003 Charles Walter upright
2020 Kawai CN29 digital
L
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Carey
Lady Bird -

If the piano sounds and plays as beautifully as it looks, you have a real winner there.

I'm curious - do you have a special piano light, or is the ambient lighting in the room sufficient for score reading?
Hi Carey,
We actually have a few lamps in the room.One is near the piano so yes I can read very well. For pictures 3 and 4 , I turned
one or two lamps off to try and get a better picture for here. The pictures looked rather stark with the black piano, in some of the (discarded ) previous pictures I took. (so I thought I would try this)
Actually the piano does have a really lovely tone ., The action response is excellent. (actually better than the Sauter I had, at
lfor least for me)

L
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
L
Thanks GCR and Emily ! Emily yes the practice pedal is great in that it just makes the piano softer .So all the notes come out equally .One can still play p or mf or mp ( with some expression) It does not just mute the tone.

Last edited by Lady Bird; 01/01/21 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling
J
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
J
What a beautiful looking piano! I love these Schimmel uprights. I think terminaldegree has one as well in his collection!

YAMAHA Artist
Z
Z
Wow, what a beauty!!! I have a Schimmel 130T bought in 1998 oder 1999.
But your’s looks gorgeous! I am sure, it also sounds equally fantastic smile

L
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Joseph Fleetwood
What a beautiful looking piano! I love these Schimmel uprights. I think terminaldegree has one as well in his collection!
Thanks Joe,
Yes I am very pleased with the instrument. Actually a very smooth responsive action. I thought Schimmel's were bright in
tone , but I was really surprised that this is not the case with this Konzert 132 .I actually have very little experience with Schimmel as a piano. So this piano still has so many wonderful surprises for me.
In fact the tone is extremely similar to the Sauter 130 .Having a bigger soundboard it sounds even more like a regular sized grand though. While having a powerful bass , I was surprised at how the notes in the treble "sing out ". (and sustain so well too)
For example in the middle section ( in Csharp minor )
of the "famous "Schubert impromptu in A flat , OP 90. The different, changing dynamics are really easy to achieve in the melody against the repeated , changing harmonic chords in the bass.
The sustaining pedal does not overwhelm either and easy to just touch the pedal and half pedal .
I find I am playing playing so many different pieces with different textures. So yes I just love it !
Yes I believe terminaldegree does have a Schimmel 130 although I cannot remember the model. Of course he has the Schimmel Konzert grand .( semi concert ? )
Thank you for your help in discussing this piano with me during the pre purchase period. I am so glad I chose this Schimmel , (and it was there in the store) rather than ordering (blindly) a different model piano (from the one I had)

L
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by zeitlos
Wow, what a beauty!!! I have a Schimmel 130T bought in 1998 oder 1999.
But your’s looks gorgeous! I am sure, it also sounds equally fantastic smile
Thank you Zeitlos ,
Interesting to hear that you also have Schimmel 130 as well !
I notice you live right there in Germany where all these instruments are made . (and the home of the great composers)
So yours was made 1998/1999 , so still a young piano !
If you are a new member , I welcome you to Piano World
Forum !
Its also nice to meet others who own Schimmel pianos!

A
A
The photos are great!Thanks for sharing. The model is my favorite. IMPO the sound is as refined and elegant as any other iconic upright, and even more flawless when compared with grands.

I've played many Schimmels and Wilhelms (a line of Schimmel made in their Poland factory, with the name Vogel some years ago). The sound features of Konzert/Classic uprights are in astonishing accordance with their grands of the same line. The Wilhelms have distinct philosophy in their sound,they're also charming pianos. And all lines of Schimmels now sound mellower, richer, and their touch smoother, more sensitive and accurate than they used to be twenty years ago. I think the change takes place gradually.

Wish you a healthy and happy new year!

A
A
The clarity of sound is of the most importance to many serious players. It is a tradition of German makers like Sauter and Schimmel to make pianos with very clear and concentrated sound. To play well on them is not an easy job,but I always get a lot of pleasure from practice.

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Very Sexy

I like It!

~Lucubrate

Bösendorfer 280VC
Steingraeber 130

“First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.“ ~Epictetus
L
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by aesop
The photos are great!Thanks for sharing. The model is my favorite. IMPO the sound is as refined and elegant as any other iconic upright, and even more flawless when compared with grands.

I've played many Schimmels and Wilhelms (a line of Schimmel made in their Poland factory, with the name Vogel some years ago). The sound features of Konzert/Classic uprights are in astonishing accordance with their grands of the same line. The Wilhelms have distinct philosophy in their sound,they're also charming pianos. And all lines of Schimmels now sound mellower, richer, and their touch smoother, more sensitive and accurate than they used to be twenty years ago. I think the change takes place gradually.

Wish you a healthy and happy new year!
Hi aesop,
I find what you say interesting. I have only once tried a Schimmel C 122 , it had a sweet melodic sound , actually a very nice piano for its size. I cannot really remember much more.
I always thought Schimmel pianos were bright so I was amazed when I tried the K132 for the first time. There was a Sauter 130 next to it and when they both were well tuned they actually sounded sounded very similar .Of course there was a difference, which could not to me be defined in words . They both had a rich singing quality . If there was brightness in the K132 , I could not hear it .What hear is a real singing tone , more mellow than bright. I have had it over a month now and I still just love the tone and the quick responsive action.
I actually remember listening to a recording once of you on a Sauter grand .You play very well ! If I remember right you have a number of very good pianos. Do you still have your Sauter ?
(just interested)
Thank you for your interesting comments !

Last edited by Lady Bird; 01/05/21 11:02 PM. Reason: spelling
L
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Lucubrate
Very Sexy

I like It!

~Lucubrate
Thank you Lucubrate 😊 ( I think )

Last edited by Lady Bird; 01/05/21 11:07 PM. Reason: spelling
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Lady Bird

😉

Bösendorfer 280VC
Steingraeber 130

“First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.“ ~Epictetus
L
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Lucubrate
Originally Posted by Lady Bird

😉
Lucubrate ! Behave !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My teacher pulled a trick on me...
by Ido - 12/08/21 02:20 PM
Coming soon: PianoWorld 25th Anniversary!
by EB5AGV - 12/08/21 01:20 PM
RIP Barry Harris!
by 36251 - 12/08/21 12:07 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics210,455
Posts3,151,529
Members103,558
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission