2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
95 members (adamcz, benQF, 36251, bilb, Ampersand, Anna Helena, Alfred La Fleur, Amadeus M., 16 invisible), 858 guests, and 421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3072103 01/20/21 11:44 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum here. I've browsed occasionally going back a few years but never stopped to create an account. But I finally did so here I am grin

I wanted to share a photo of my German Seiler SE 208 that I purchased a few months back. I'm in my early 30's and with the wife's approval, I was hoping to find the grand piano for our new home that I could love for the rest of my life hopefully. After considering Shigeru Kawai and Schimmel Konzert line pianos here in Houston, I finally fell in love with this beautiful Seiler. It was really love at first play. And the fact that I had never heard of Seiler and could still be mesmerized was really something to me. Because human nature (including myself) usually tends to have bias towards brands we already know and love. So for this to unseat the Shigeru, I knew it was the right one.

Now to figure out how to post some pictures. Give me a minute...

D
OP Offline
D

Hi dusty1920, welcome to the Forum!

Congratulations on your new Seiler 208 grand piano, it is indeed a true beauty, and placed in a vey nice room. Enjoy it for many lasting seasons!

Fluxo

Sauter V 182
C Bechstein 8
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Looks Beautiful dusty - Congrats!

~Lucubrate

Bösendorfer 280VC
Steingraeber 130

“First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.“ ~Epictetus
G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Congratulations! I've never had the pleasure of playing a Seiler, but I've always heard good things about them.

Online Content
Congratulations! How would you describe the feel and sound of this grand piano?

Kawai NV10S on order.
A
A
Congratulations! I've got a client with a new Seiler SE-208 that is a joy to work on - wonderfully expressive and responsive!

Adam Schulte-Bukowinski, RPT
Piano Technician, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
ASB Piano Service
D
OP Offline
D
Thank you adamp88, GC13, Lucubrate, Fluxo, and Anna! It's been a thrill to own. Sorry Anna, I just got back to this thread. The feel is wonderful, action is a great joy to play on. Perfectly consistent, good key travel for my liking, incredibly easy to control dynamics. As someone else said once, plays like butter! The weight of keys is around average or ever so slightly a hair on the heavy side of average. But far from heavy.

Sound is breathtaking. It got deep under my skin the first time I heard it. I had just played a very nice sounding 6 foot 7 Yamaha CX series right before I played it at the store and my thought was "Wow that'll be hard to beat for today's visit." Then when I sat down at this Seiler my thought was "Ok this is a whole different league we're in now." The best way I can describe the sound is huge body of tone. No one is going to describe any part of this piano's tone as "thin", like i've heard with so many other pianos. But that doesn't mean loud. It can play extremely quietly but the substance of tone is just thick, rich and resonant. The 2nd quality I would say it excels in is clarity. Several other high-end pianos I've played got to be too muddy when you played in the lower-midrange. This one has a beautiful clarity all over that allows you to hear the music perfectly, which I love.

Edit: One more thing! The treble SINGS so beautifully. You barely have to put any effort and you get this magnificent projecting treble that sings out and is a wonder to hear.

Last edited by dusty1920; 03/22/21 03:10 PM.
Online Content
Thanks for letting us know, good to hear you’re happy with your piano!

Kawai NV10S on order.
G
G
Congrats with your beautiful Seiler grand smile
I'm sure you will have found the right instrument to accompany you maybe for the rest of you life.
I once saw a very beautiful Seiler Westminster piano, with the same tone and amazing cabinettery.

Good to hear that it's a piano with a totally different sound smile I unfortunately never played one of the newer Seiler grands. I read that Julius Feurich (former owner of Feurich piano's in Germany) is the production leader at Seiler now and keeps an eye on the quality and consistency of the instruments.

As I own a German Feurich grand myself I'm quite curious to test a new Seiler piano.

The Seiler looks fantastic in your interior and looks very inviting to be played and I'm sure it will!!

C
Online Content
C
Cheers to your Seiler-bration!

D
OP Offline
D
Thank you all! Yes I really adore this Seiler Gwenn. And you're right! I read that same thing as well, which I found interesting. I'd be curious how they compare as well. Thanks for the compliment!

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha CLP 575 VS Kawai Ca48
by Amadeus M. - 09/21/21 09:16 AM
Charles Walter
by Judise - 09/21/21 09:12 AM
Pronunciation .... lol
by cygnusdei - 09/21/21 07:45 AM
Revisiting Yamaha GHS action
by EB5AGV - 09/21/21 06:18 AM
Slurs in Mozart K330
by chopin_r_us - 09/21/21 05:49 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,221
Posts3,133,957
Members102,788
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission