2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
90 members (Boboulus, Adagiette, anotherscott, beeboss, Amadeus M., brdwyguy, Abdol, 19 invisible), 1,217 guests, and 450 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
P
OP Offline
P
Hello everybody,

Our newest entry in the Synchron Piano Series is available for you now, the pretty incredible Synchron Bösendorfer 280VC!

More videos to come, so make sure to subscribe on our YouTube channel!

The Synchron Bösendorfer 280VC, recorded in Stage B of our Synchron Stage Vienna (the same live room we used to record the Synchron Blüthner 1895 and Synchron Bösendorfer Upright).

The Bösendorfer 280VC is a true all-rounder, with distinct, clear and colorful sound. A huge dynamic range and our advanced piano sampling technology combined with the experience we gained from sampling the other Synchron Pianos will make this piano come to live as soon as you start playing.

Recorded with 6 microphone positions and love for every detail of this piano, packed with 2x 6 main presets + 21 additional FX plugins.

Preset Comparison by Guy Bacos!

All audio demos available on the product page!

Separate Mic Positions to check!

Get your license now at introductory pricing!

- Standard: € 215 (regular: €285)
- Full: € 345 (regular: €445)

Best,
Paul

Product Manager
Vienna Symphonic Library
www.vsl.co.at
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Is it fair for me to be the first to comment? Perhaps not.

IMHO!

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Paul, that sounds phenomenal! I was hoping for a big piano recorded on Stage B to go with the small Blüthner. This should be perfect!

D
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by johnstaf
Paul, that sounds phenomenal!

It does!

I wish I could afford it. frown

God Bless,
David

Yamaha AdvantGrand N1X
Duane Shinn - 52 Week Crash Course - Completed
Duane Shinn - Praise and Gospel Course - In Progress
Greg Howlett - Inspirational Improvisation - In Progress
G
G
So nice! Hope I can also make a "preset showing" video soon smile Very very satisfied so far.

Kawai E200-ATX3
Mostly VSL's, Garritan, Modern U, Grandeur
B
500 Post Club Member
Online Content
500 Post Club Member
B
Wow this is maybe what i have been waiting for. I want something in between the VSL Concert-D and Garritan CFX. Is this it? smile

Well, I think it's safe to say it's not it. But maybe just the Virtual piano to have if you like the classical pieces?

Last edited by Boboulus; 02/02/21 12:10 PM.
7000 Post Club Member
Online Content
7000 Post Club Member
The very first demo on the preset walkthrough video sounded way too bright, and too distant. I was going to say: ohh, yet another VSL demo drawn out in distant mics and reverb. But some of the "player" ones are exquisite! I'm very tempted to try this one from VSL as my first VSL library.

A few questions:

- is it optimized to run natively on Apple Silicon and not through Rosetta 2? If so, how good is the performance?
- does it require a hardware dongle? (no way I'd put a dongle on my shiny MacBook)
- what's the difference between standard and full?
- can I tailor the MIDI response to my Yamaha N1X? (I've heard there are no MIDI velocity curves in the VSL app)

Last edited by CyberGene; 02/02/21 12:34 PM.

My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Currently: Yamaha N1X, DIY hybrid controller -> Garritan CFX
Previously: NU1X, ES7, MP6, CA63, RD-700SX, CDP-100, FP-5, P90, SP-200
P
OP Offline
P
Hi everybody,

Stay tuned for more demos and videos... we're really proud of this one!

@CyberGene:
- is it optimized to run natively on Apple Silicon and not through Rosetta 2? If so, how good is the performance?
=> It works great through Rosetta 2, optimizations for native Apple Silicon are in the works.

- does it require a hardware dongle? (no way I'd put a dongle on my shiny MacBook)
=> Yes, you need an USB eLicenser key.

- what's the difference between standard and full?
=> The number of microphones.

- can I tailor the MIDI response to my Yamaha N1X? (I've heard there are no MIDI velocity curves in the VSL app)
=> There is indeed no velocity curve, but you have other options to adjust the MIDI response, especially on the per-note EDIT page.

Best,
Paul

Product Manager
Vienna Symphonic Library
www.vsl.co.at
B
500 Post Club Member
Online Content
500 Post Club Member
B
@cybergene I’m pretty sure the player is not optimised or M1 if not updated in the last couple of days. But I have the concert-d and it was been running smoothly on my Mac mini 16gb.

U
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
U
Damn, vsl releasing new piano libaries in rapid-fire mode, please stop, many of our wallets can't keep up!

I had a voucher left waiting, can't resist, no point in waiting, downloading right now.

D
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
D
I was just informed that I could sell some of the VSL samples/licenses that I don't use anymore. Half price on any VSL offering (except the Bösendorfer Imperial). I might be able to afford the 280VC if I could sell some of my other VSL products.

Anyone interested? PM me. Please. smile

God Bless,
David

Yamaha AdvantGrand N1X
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Alright, I was listening demos, my observation is that the same recording engineering yield similar results, so this piano and most of the preset have similar sound characteristics as others VSL pianos and this is not for wow effect, but, but there is one demo `Pas si lion`song with some different sound result, almost like completely different piano which I like, unfortunately for anyone wallet it is full library and description is `Custom Mix Full Library`. So VSL, please can you share with us mic combination and other settings for that song ? Thank you and of course congratulations for new piano and hard work.

P
OP Offline
P
Hi,

Here is an unlisted screencast of "Pas Si Loin", by Nicholas DeCrescent:

Best,
Paul

Product Manager
Vienna Symphonic Library
www.vsl.co.at
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Thank you Paul, I missed this. Nice song and settings.

T
T
Wow, what a great product! VSL seems like such a great company... I'm sure it must be wonderful working there!

I was curious how the samples would sound with such a smaller size, but they still seem very realistic to me. This gentler, more intimate sound is extremely appealing. While I think I prefer the fullness of the sound of the Imperial on the Vienna stage, It's nice that VSL is offering different, high-quality products that are meeting a variety of needs.

Originally Posted by CyberGene

I wish this feature would be standard in all VSL libraries. I've needed to modify the velocity curve for the Bosendorfer Imperial to get the most out of it. However, in the meantime, I have found a suitable solution by connecting my input to velpro and then exporting that to the Synchron player. Forgive me if you were already aware of solutions like this... it just has added so much enjoyment to my playing experience that I had to share it. smile

7000 Post Club Member
Online Content
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tozen
Originally Posted by CyberGene

I wish this feature would be standard in all VSL libraries. I've needed to modify the velocity curve for the Bosendorfer Imperial to get the most out of it. However, in the meantime, I have found a suitable solution by connecting my input to velpro and then exporting that to the Synchron player. Forgive me if you were already aware of solutions like this... it just has added so much enjoyment to my playing experience that I had to share it. smile
I didn't know that, thanks!

My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Currently: Yamaha N1X, DIY hybrid controller -> Garritan CFX
Previously: NU1X, ES7, MP6, CA63, RD-700SX, CDP-100, FP-5, P90, SP-200
M
M
I had a lot of delay using velpro. There is in Logic pro a midi effect called velocity processor for those who didn’t know. This is built in, has no delay and it does basically what a velocity curve does.

P
P
Like all other VSL Synchron pianos, this sounds nice at first glance when you watch their YouTube demo...

.................BUT..........................

...after you purchase it for yourself, and actually try to switch ON the Sympathetic Resonance (because it is always OFF by default) then you discover that this vital feature does not work properly, and sounds utter, utter, utter, utter rubbish!!!! You simply cannot get anywhere near realistic Sympathetic Resonance effect from this piano software. It is an unusable sonic mess. So it has to be played without.

Then you go back, and carefully study every official VSL demo YouTube video you can find, looking very closely at their settings, and it finally dawns on you, there is a very strong reason why VSL always have Sympathetic Resonance set to "minus infinity dB" (= Off) in every single one of their official product videos! Go and watch for yourself if you don't believe me.

It just doesn't work properly. You have been warned.

Ubu Offline
If that's the real sound you get when you simply install it and play it, it is really good.

I would like to know wether has been any kind of editing or external processing of the sound in those demos. I've seen many people complaining that vsts sound amazing on YouTube videos, but then in real life it is different (on any brand, not specifically this one).

D
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by propianist
Like all other VSL Synchron pianos, this sounds nice at first glance when you watch their YouTube demo...

.................BUT..........................

If it sounds good at first glance why wouldn't it sound good at second glance when you buy it (if you don't use the sympathetic resonance)?

Yamaha AdvantGrand N1X
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
7/8 Piano in European Market?
by Mohrpiano - 09/27/21 04:23 PM
Fine uprights overdamper actions
by tre corda - 09/27/21 04:13 PM
Internal pulse/beat/rhythm
by PatG - 09/27/21 03:26 PM
Avantgrand N3X vs Kawai Novus 10S
by PianoComposer - 09/27/21 12:58 PM
practicing with noise cancelling headphones on!?
by chopin_r_us - 09/27/21 12:36 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Our Free Newsletter for Piano Lovers!
The summer edition of our free newsletter
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,322
Posts3,135,603
Members102,840
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission