2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
93 members (Ben_NZ, accordeur, AB99, 36251, brdwyguy, Amadeus M., Adagiette, 15 invisible), 1,243 guests, and 473 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
So, I can "purchase" the demo versions now without the USB key and just wait for the software licenser to appear and then use it to register the demo versions?

My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Currently: Yamaha N1X, DIY hybrid controller -> Garritan CFX
Previously: NU1X, ES7, MP6, CA63, RD-700SX, CDP-100, FP-5, P90, SP-200
P
OP Offline
P
Hi CyberGene,

No, that won't work. We are handing out eLicenser demo licenses now, which only work with an eLicenser key.

But once we have made the transition to iLok, there will be more opportunities like this, I think.

Best,
Paul

Product Manager
Vienna Symphonic Library
www.vsl.co.at
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Though not an active VST user currently, I just wanted to comment that the price we enthusiasts pay for VSL licenses/software, is totally worth it. Besides an active presence here, VSL is just amazing with customer service. Beyond 5 stars. Although I have to wait for about a day or so for a response (being based in the US), I have never been disappointed or found anything lacking with their response and attention.

@Paul Kopf and VSL team - keep up the good work.

ps: I may be in the minority here, but I really like the dongle system - kinda like a key to a grand piano smile

A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practice it without any hope of doing it well. Such a man must love the toils of the work more than any other man can love the rewards of it.
G. K. Chesterton
P
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
P
I must say, I’m not fond of the dongle!

P
OP Offline
P
Hi mmathew,

Thanks for posting, this is very much appreciated.

Our team is doing their best to help with all the questions that arise when dealing with any kind of music setup, and we are happy to help!

We're also looking forward to the possibility to work with our products without a dongle... Exciting times ahead!!

Best,
Paul

Product Manager
Vienna Symphonic Library
www.vsl.co.at
V
V
Originally Posted by mmathew
@Paul Kopf and VSL team - keep up the good work

+1 about the VSL support (and the VSL forum)

But the dongle is a nuisance. My recent laptop only has 2 usb ports, and others only 1. You will need a hub for dongle plus ssd...

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by vagfilm

But the dongle is a nuisance. My recent laptop only has 2 usb ports, and others only 1. You will need a hub for dongle plus ssd...

And modern computers use USB-C, so you will need an adapter too...

My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Currently: Yamaha N1X, DIY hybrid controller -> Garritan CFX
Previously: NU1X, ES7, MP6, CA63, RD-700SX, CDP-100, FP-5, P90, SP-200
U
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
U
Originally Posted by vagfilm

+1

Vsl support has always helped me well and quick. But yes the dongle should go, but hey it is planned, we just need to have some patience that's all.

H
Hr. Offline
H
Just bought this one .. i took queit some time to get it installed .. sounds little too bright but that can be tweaked i think. The problem is that it crashes all the time after playing a short while?
I'm working with 5 other VST on the same machine (Garritan CFX, PianoTeq, Synthogy etc) and they crash once a while, but not as much as the VSL. Can I setup something different?

P
OP Offline
P
Hi Hr.,

Thanks for your purchase!
Please get in touch with our support team directly: support@vsl.co.at, and include some information about your setup: OS, driver, maybe also a crash report, and ideally steps for reproduction!

Best,
Paul

Product Manager
Vienna Symphonic Library
www.vsl.co.at
C
C
Originally Posted by Hr.
Just bought this one .. i took queit some time to get it installed .. sounds little too bright but that can be tweaked i think. The problem is that it crashes all the time after playing a short while?
I'm working with 5 other VST on the same machine (Garritan CFX, PianoTeq, Synthogy etc) and they crash once a while, but not as much as the VSL. Can I setup something different?

This is the VSL piano that got me to start tinkering with the timbre dial. I took it down to -3, and though I'm sure it wouldn't be to everyone's taste, I really like the mellowness it brings in.

U
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
U
Not to get everyone to grab their wallets, but the full version mics on the 280vc are much warmer/less bright sounding.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by U3piano
Not to get everyone to grab their wallets, but the full version mics on the 280vc are much warmer/less bright sounding.

+1!

Yamaha U3H
Kawai VPC1
...plus some other DPs, synths, controllers and VSTs

[Linked Image]
T
T
Originally Posted by Hr.
I'm also on the brink to get the VSL 280VC but hearing you now I'm a bit concerned TBH at least.
Could you please share your computer configuration & audio interface?
Thanks

Last edited by TonyDIGITAL; 06/14/21 10:13 AM.

[Kawai VPC1 / ES100 - VSTs: VSL 280VC, Garritan CFX, Pianoteq 7 Standard & VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 - Ableton Live - Presonus iOne / iTwo - Sennheiser HD700/6xx - Presonus E5+T10, iloud micro monitors]
P
OP Offline
P
Hi everybody,

Quick update from Vienna: We are currently offering free demo licenses for the Bösendorfer 280VC and the Blüthner 1895.

Not sure how many organ players are in this forum, but this is also a great opportunity to check out our new
Great Rieger Organ with great pricing and an incredible interface with a free demo license....

All you need is a ViennaKey (13 EUR plus shipping, with 20 EUR Vienna Voucher) or Steinberg Key to store your licenses on.

Best,
Paul

Last edited by Paul Kopf; 06/16/21 08:20 AM.

Product Manager
Vienna Symphonic Library
www.vsl.co.at
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Hello,

@Paul Kopf, Sometimes I am tempted to try one of the demos--the Blüthner in particular.

Hardware is a bottleneck, but I do have a custom built PC with a quad core/8 thread Intel and 32Gb of RAM. That one might be up to the job. However, it has legacy tasks for which it absolutely needs to stay at its 64bit Windows 7. What is the plausibility of running a demo license on it? And what if that would be followed by a purchased (standard or full) license?

Thanks!

Cheers and keep up the good work,

HZ

T
T
Originally Posted by Paul Kopf
Hi everybody,

Quick update from Vienna: We are currently offering free demo licenses for the Bösendorfer 280VC and the Blüthner 1895.
All you need is a ViennaKey (13 EUR plus shipping, with 20 EUR Vienna Voucher) or Steinberg Key to store your licenses on.

Best,
Paul
Hello Paul,
I've registered on both of your websites https://www.bestservice.de/viennakey.html / https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Synchron_Pianos_Bundle/Bosendorfer_280VC but don't know how to get the demo license key.
I live in the US (Michgan 48307) and prefer to order the USB ViennaKey from B&H New York:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...LVKEY_ViennaKey_USB_License_Control.html
Is that possible?
Thanks

[Kawai VPC1 / ES100 - VSTs: VSL 280VC, Garritan CFX, Pianoteq 7 Standard & VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 - Ableton Live - Presonus iOne / iTwo - Sennheiser HD700/6xx - Presonus E5+T10, iloud micro monitors]
P
OP Offline
P
Hi HZPiano,

I'm afraid Win 7 is not supported, you will need Win 8.1 or higher.
Technically, there's no difference between our demo licenses and permanent licenses, apart from the time limitation.

@TonyDIGITAL: Sure, you can order the key at B&H New York! Couldn' find you under "TonyDigital" in our database, but you can always check with our support team: support@vsl.co.at

Best,
Paul

Product Manager
Vienna Symphonic Library
www.vsl.co.at
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Hello,

Thank you @Paul Kopf.

Unfortunately that means a VSL no-go for me until my hardware and/or OS are upgraded. Which may be quite some time into the future.

Alas!

Cheers again,

HZ

T
T
@Paul Kopf: thanks for your reply - after I ordered and received the key from B&H, will I then need to contact your support with the details of my Key to receive the demo license? Thanks

Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Playing piano outside?
by Sam S - 09/27/21 06:21 PM
7/8 Piano in European Market?
by Mohrpiano - 09/27/21 04:23 PM
Fine uprights overdamper actions
by tre corda - 09/27/21 04:13 PM
Internal pulse/beat/rhythm
by PatG - 09/27/21 03:26 PM
Avantgrand N3X vs Kawai Novus 10S
by PianoComposer - 09/27/21 12:58 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Our Free Newsletter for Piano Lovers!
The summer edition of our free newsletter
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,324
Posts3,135,622
Members102,840
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission