2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
37 members (cygnusdei, ContentPiano, EssBrace, CianistAndPomposer, Amy H, Alfred La Fleur, clothearednincompo, Daydreaming, AlphaBravoCharlie, 7 invisible), 742 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
P
OP Offline
P
Hi TonyDIGITAL,

If you are logged in on our website, you can order the demo license without any additional help. Should work right now as well (if you have not ordered a demo license before).

Best,
Paul

Product Manager
Vienna Symphonic Library
www.vsl.co.at
T
T
Hi Paul,
your website https://www.vsl.co.at/de/Synchron_Pianos_Bundle/Bosendorfer_280VC shows only 30-day demo available for Bluethner 1895 but not the 280VC.
Please check...
Thanks

[Kawai VPC1 / ES100 - VSTs: VSL 280VC, Garritan CFX, Pianoteq 7 Standard & VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 - Ableton Live - Presonus iOne / iTwo - Sennheiser HD700/6xx - Presonus E5+T10, iloud micro monitors]
V
V
The Bosendorfer under current demo is the upright, not the 280VC. Paul probably made an error in his previous post: the 2 demos for this week are the Bluethner and the upright. 280VC was in demo last week.

P
OP Offline
P
Hi,

Totally my bad - we have now also activated the demo for the 280VC again, along with the Bösendorfer Upright and the Blüthner 1895!

Sorry about the trouble! Enjoy those pianos :-)

Best,
Paul

Product Manager
Vienna Symphonic Library
www.vsl.co.at
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
I finally had a chance to try the new 280VC full version for 30 minutes. I didn't change too much settings but just sticked to the player preset.

My first impression: it plays like a grand piano version of Modern U.

Good: It has a kind of presence that no other VSL pianos have. I'm not sure how VSL achieves this but maybe the Stage B and the 280VC together makes me feel like that. I've only feel the same level of presence in Modern U. I fee like I'm just playing the piano in front of me but not listening to a recording.

Bad: The default setting is just too bright on my DP (Yamaha N3X). It doesn't remind me a Bosendorfer grand but a Yamaha C7 or C3. The control is also lacking compared to the other concert grands that VSL is offering. I saw David B played around the velocity curve and it worked for him. I'm sure I need to do something similar like him to bring out the control.

Well, my first impression is a bit mixed. So far I've tried all piano plugins that VSL provides. My preference is D-274 >= CFX >= Vienna Imperial >= Bosendorfer Imperial > 280VC > Bosendorfer Upright > Bluthner.

I'm going to play around the setting in the next a few days and see if I like it more.

Piano: 1982 NY Steinway Model B, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X
VST(preference in order): VSL Synchron Pianos, Vienna Imperial, Garritan CFX, VI Labs Modern U, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
I really like all the VSL pianos I own and often for different reasons. Having the velocity curve editor and smooth attack for synchrony pianos makes a world of difference to my appreciation and enjoyment. I don't have the D-274, CFX or the Bösendorfer Upright to compare.

The poor old Vienna Imperial has been relegated from top spot which it held for sometime. It was the upgrade to the Synchron player software with the velocity curve editor and smooth attack that has changed things. I've only used it once recently and switched quickly back to one of the Synchron pianos.

The Bösendorfer Imperial (BI) has the deep powerful base, and a fantastic evenness over the whole keyboard (both across the keys and no unexpected jumps with dynamics and timbre with different veolocties), with a fantastic dynamic range. I often get a first decent recording of a piece I'm learning with the BI because of its evenness. It works well with a lot of music I think.

The VC280 has a very distinctive sound with quite a bite to it. I felt I needed to take the edge off with it somewhat which is where the velocity curve editor and smooth attack options come in. My fallback setting for it now has a slightly felty sound to it, while still having a bite to it. I also occasionally use a configuration with it based on the ambience and I think this works well compared to other piano because the bite of the sound it provides still manages to punch through the ambience when needed and stops it being too muddy.

But, right now I'm finding it hard to pull myself away from the Blüthner. It really is lovely. I'm so glad I did not buy before the update the synchron player software, because like the VC280 it really needs the velocity curve editor to keep it under control. It has its own distinctive sound, so very different to the VC280. Lyrical I think describes it well.

I'm not sure I want to say I prefer one over the other, I like the Synchron pianos I have for different reasons and am glad I can pick and choose which to use, depending on how I'm feeling and what I'm playing.

Last edited by KevinM; 06/19/21 10:42 AM.
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
I'm still quite interested in the 280VC, but the storage for all these libraries are so large, that I can't get the standard Steinway and the other libraries to coexist together. I guess if VSL could do some lossless format compression, that would be really wonderful! Still, love listening to others play on Youtube using the 280VC. smile

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Kevin, I agree with you.

The Vienna Imperial is a special piano. I want to put that to my favorite VST but it doesn’t have half pedaling. The dynamic range is huge and the sound quality is just so nice. I also like the room that they record the Vienna Imperial.

My preference is also not fair because I didn’t spend enough time tweaking each VSL piano. So far the three VSL pianos that play good out of the box are Vienna Imperial, Bosendorfer Imperial and CFX. The D-274, 280VC, Bluthner and Upright all need velocity curve change. It’s said that we users need to spend so much time to bring out those characteristics but with the new Synchron software nothing is impossible. I’m sure I’ll love the Bluthner after the velocity curve change. It’s so time consuming to do that though.

VST(preference in order): VSL Synchron Pianos, Vienna Imperial, Garritan CFX, VI Labs Modern U, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Originally Posted by Harpuia
Kevin, I agree with you.
My preference is also not fair because I didn’t spend enough time tweaking each VSL piano. So far the three VSL pianos that play good out of the box are Vienna Imperial, Bosendorfer Imperial and CFX. The D-274, 280VC, Bluthner and Upright all need velocity curve change. It’s said that we users need to spend so much time to bring out those characteristics but with the new Synchron software nothing is impossible. I’m sure I’ll love the Bluthner after the velocity curve change. It’s so time consuming to do that though.

I did the work for the 280VC and I copied the velocity curve I used for it over to the Blüthner. I hardly touch the settings now, when I want to play a piece, I select the preset I like for the piano I want to use. So, yes I did work early on but now I'm just playing. With the Blüthner and Bösendorfer Imperial I only have one preset I use, from the VC280 I have two, the second has a lot of reverb because very occasionally that is what I want.

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
280VC Buzz

God bless,
David

Yamaha AdvantGrand N1X
Duane Shinn - 52 Week Crash Course - Completed
Duane Shinn - Praise and Gospel Course - In Progress
Greg Howlett - Inspirational Improvisation - In Progress
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by David B
280VC Buzz

God bless,
David

Hmm, that's interesting. I did hear some humming, which sounds like it's doing an E4 pitch, which is about the 3rd note in the harmonic series. Strange!!! smile

B
B
Originally Posted by David B
280VC Buzz

God bless,
David

I bought 280VC when it came out and I had similar issues but found it more on (if I remember correctly) F#6 and A#6 but not sure… it’s somewhere in this thread is the other thread that was started when this VST released. It was to much for me to bear because I used those keys for trills a lot and I returned the VST just for this reason.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
David, would you post this in the VSL forum? They might fix this issue as it sounds so obvious. Meanwhile you can try reducing the release volume.

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by David Lai
Hmm, that's interesting. I did hear some humming, which sounds like it's doing an E4 pitch, which is about the 3rd note in the harmonic series. Strange!!! smile

Hi David,

I really appreciate your fine-tuned ear. You hear things I suspect most people don't. That probably contributes to your superb musicianship as well.

God Bless,
David

Yamaha AdvantGrand N1X
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Harpuia
David, would you post this in the VSL forum? They might fix this issue as it sounds so obvious. Meanwhile you can try reducing the release volume.

I only posted it here so far. Paul from VSL has been active in this thread. If he doesn't chime in I'll post it on the VSL website also. I suspect he'll say it part natural voice of the 280VC, but I hope it's something that can be eliminated with a software/sample update.

God Bless,
David

Yamaha AdvantGrand N1X
U
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
U
Ears are quite different amongst people apparently.

I feel i'm usually quite sensitive to things like this, adjusting notes here and there etc. But, in this case I can't seem to find anything wrong or disturbing. I checked with the standard and full mics and 2 different high quality headphones.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Because I have Timbre Shift of -1 set when I did this recording, it happens on the notes immediately to the left of the ones David refers to. But you can clearly hear the issue where the sound is held by the pedal at 14 seconds and again at 29 seconds. https://vimeo.com/524807197

Last edited by KevinM; 06/21/21 03:05 AM.
V
V
I was proud of my hearing abilities, but I have to reconsider that notion since I am unable to hear anything strange in that note on David's video (or Kevin's). No buzz, no humming... Must defer to more experienced people and get my ears thoroughly cleaned...

Last edited by vagfilm; 06/21/21 02:53 PM.
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
I don't think you need to worry vagfilm. It is often harder to hear something in a recording than you can hear live. With my recording I know what I am listening out for.

T
T
@Paul Kopf: thank to your & your team's support I now could get hold of the 280VC demo.
I like the sound and the player is very easy to handle.
It's very much appreciated that we customers can enjoy such demos for 30 days before purchase.
Also that we don't need to download the licensed version anew after using the demo is a great point. This makes it much easier to decide buying your VSTs.
Now I'm looking forward to try the other Synchron pianios as well...

[Kawai VPC1 / ES100 - VSTs: VSL 280VC, Garritan CFX, Pianoteq 7 Standard & VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 - Ableton Live - Presonus iOne / iTwo - Sennheiser HD700/6xx - Presonus E5+T10, iloud micro monitors]
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
They say this is Chopin's favorite piece
by ContentPiano - 09/19/21 06:26 AM
Getting tired of repertoire really fast.
by CianistAndPomposer - 09/19/21 06:01 AM
learning myself
by frighg - 09/19/21 05:07 AM
recommendations for how to learn a new piece
by gnossie - 09/19/21 03:53 AM
Help with rhythms!
by Amy H - 09/19/21 03:33 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,180
Posts3,133,416
Members102,766
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission