2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (amc252, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, 15 invisible), 1,995 guests, and 314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 97 of 111 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 110 111
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Perhaps the covid-induced shortages have made dealers less inclined to cut a deal? frown
Originally Posted by mmathew
Pretty sweet deal. I too went to a Kawai dealer in Indiana, but could negotiate further down than $5800 for CA99. Went back home with a CA79.
Member Repson got a CA99 for $4000 USD last June.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Perhaps the covid-induced shortages have made dealers less inclined to cut a deal? frown
Originally Posted by mmathew
Pretty sweet deal. I too went to a Kawai dealer in Indiana, but could negotiate further down than $5800 for CA99. Went back home with a CA79.
Member Repson got a CA99 for $4000 USD last June.

Yeah Mac, may well be the case. The dealer was great, he took his time to educate me, show me around, made a few recommendations, but he didn't really try hard to sell me the CA99 or other keyboards. In fact he had only ONE CA99 in stock and he mentioned that they were going to up their numbers for backorder that week.

A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practice it without any hope of doing it well. Such a man must love the toils of the work more than any other man can love the rewards of it.
G. K. Chesterton
USER LOCATION: Germany, Munich
MAKE: Kawai
MODEL: CN29
CONDITION: New (inclusive bench & headphones)
PRICE PAID: 1285€ ($1545)
DELIVERY CHARGE: Free
VENDOR LOCATION: Germany, Munich
VENDOR NAME: Hieber-Lindberg.de
PURCHASE DATE: 30-Nov-2020
DELIVERY DATE: 27-Jan-2021

Last edited by Bavaria Tom; 02/02/21 07:50 AM.

Self teaching Adult Beginner without method | Kawai CN29, Senn HD560s, Casio CT-S1
D
D
USER LOCATION: Czech Republic, Prague
MAKE: Yamaha
MODEL: CSP-150
CONDITION: New with bench & headphones
PRICE PAID: 2760 Eur
DELIVERY CHARGE: Free
VENDOR LOCATION: online
VENDOR NAME: Muziker.cz
PURCHASE DATE: 30-Jan-2021
DELIVERY DATE: 4-Feb-2021

U
U
USER LOCATION: Syracuse, NY (USA)
MODEL: CA79 (Ebony Polish)
CONDITION: New (In Box)
PRICE PAID: $4,049 ($4,199 - $150 Kawai Discount + 8% Tax = $4,372.92 Total)
DELIVERY CHARGE: N/A
VENDOR LOCATION: Syracuse, NY
VENDOR NAME: Artist Pianos
PURCHASE DATE: 6 Feb 2021

US Air Force / CA79
USER LOCATION: Arizona, USA
MODEL: CLP-745, bench, studio headphones and extended warranty included.
CONDITION: New
PRICE PAID: 3299 USD, (3599 - 200 discount from store)
DELIVERY CHARGE: Included in selling price
VENDOR LOCATION: Online
VENDOR NAME: https://www.thepianoguyspianostore.com/products/clavinova-clp-745-rosewood
PURCHASE DATE: 02/02/2021

Additionally, taxes were included in the sales price as well, in full I paid only 3299. I also got lucky in the fact that I live in the same state as the companies warehouse so a local piano moving company brought it straight to my house and it came built and ready to play.

[Linked Image]
A
A
Originally Posted by USAFCarters

I can't believe you got such a fantastic deal. In my home state our dealer will not bargain, so the polished ebony version of the CA79, brand new and in the box, costs $4,800, along with 7% tax and $150 delivery, for a grand total of $5,286.00. I suppose I could find a dealer somewhere out of state who would offer a lower price, but they're extremely reluctant to sell to me and invade the territory of an established Kawai dealer.

If I may ask, did you get some kind of military discount for your final price? If so, I think you deserve it, as you're willing to put your life on the line for our American freedoms, but that would at least explain the obvious discrepancy in prices paid.

Best of luck with your new CA79. I have a feeling you're going to love it.

U
U
ADWyatt, I think I just got really lucky. Thank you for the encouragement!

I was asking about the CA49 vs CA59 and then the seller (no pressure from him actually, which was nice) showed me the CA79 and said he had only ordered the CA79 in ebony polish and would give it to me at the internet matched satin price PLUS the Kawai discount on the CA79 they are currently running. I waited one day to sleep on it and ask him some more questions on if I got some of the speaker run that apparently had issues.

He said he couldn't offer a military discount at that price which isn't a big deal at all and I never expect it. He had the floor one and one in a box so obviously I handed him my card and we loaded the box up. I couldn't find a better price anywhere online and it feels/sounds amazing (i've owned Yamaha's in the past) and while I have little to no experience it felt closer to the Steinway's he had on the floor than any other digital keyboard i've tried. I'm actually in the middle of setting it up right now.

US Air Force / CA79
B
B
have you tried Alamo Music Center? A lot of ppl said they have good deals.

A
A
Originally Posted by BeWater
have you tried Alamo Music Center? A lot of ppl said they have good deals.

Thanks for the heads-up on that one. When I'm ready to finance a new digital piano, hopefully by early summer, I'll give Alamo a call. You never know what they may offer in terms of a discount or tax break. I will list them in my Favorites menu in my Piano folder.

G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Just to set expectations, Alamo DID have some great deals during the beginning of the pandemic, so good to the point that, allegedly, Kawai USA got wind of it and smacked them around for violations of their distributor agreement. So no more insane online internet deals from them. If you're in their geographic region and shop with them locally, maybe they can still cut a good deal?

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
B
B
Originally Posted by ADWyatt
Originally Posted by USAFCarters

I can't believe you got such a fantastic deal. In my home state our dealer will not bargain, so the polished ebony version of the CA79, brand new and in the box, costs $4,800, along with 7% tax and $150 delivery, for a grand total of $5,286.00. I suppose I could find a dealer somewhere out of state who would offer a lower price, but they're extremely reluctant to sell to me and invade the territory of an established Kawai dealer.

If I may ask, did you get some kind of military discount for your final price? If so, I think you deserve it, as you're willing to put your life on the line for our American freedoms, but that would at least explain the obvious discrepancy in prices paid.

Best of luck with your new CA79. I have a feeling you're going to love it.

Tim Praskins sells the polished CA97 for $3800 ish, tax and shipping included. He'll set you up with a Kawai distributor, you'll pay the distributor directly and Tim takes a referral fee.

Last edited by BattleOoze; 02/13/21 03:36 AM. Reason: forgot to quote
B
B
USER LOCATION: San Jose
PRICE PAID: $3900. Tax, delivery, installation all included
DELIVERY CHARGE: 0
VENDOR LOCATION: San Mateo, CA
VENDOR NAME: San Mateo Piano
PURCHASE DATE: 2-6-2021
DELIVERY DATE: 2-10-2021

O
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
O
That's a great deal BattleOoze.. especially considering close to 10% tax in CA. Congratulations on your new piano!

Osho

Mason & Hamlin BB
Kawai Novus NV10 + VST + Genelec 8050B monitors.
Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): Pianoteq 7/VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
B
B
I bought a new Kawai CA79 polished black for $3900, tax, delivery, installation all included.

If you live in CA, give Bozkurt at San Mateo Piano a call. Very nice guy, I bought mine from him.

Also, Tim Praskins at AZ Piano Wholesale sells it for a bit less than what I paid, free delivery to all states, and tax-free. Matte finish versions are a few hundred dollars less but you'll have to wait for 3-6 weeks.

I'm extremely happy with the CA79. So glad that I didn't go for the cheaper CA models, the longer keys make a significant difference if you play advanced classical repertoire.

I tested most of the popular models (Yamaha, Roland, Casio, Kawai) in the $3000-5000 range, and compared a lot of them side by side.

A
A
Originally Posted by BattleOoze
USER LOCATION: San Jose
PRICE PAID: $3900. Tax, delivery, installation all included
DELIVERY CHARGE: 0
VENDOR LOCATION: San Mateo, CA
VENDOR NAME: San Mateo Piano
PURCHASE DATE: 2-6-2021
DELIVERY DATE: 2-10-2021

BattleOoze, when I read your first post, for the price you mentioned I actually thought you really did mean a CA97, for which $3,900 might be more than a tad high. This post clears that up, but it leaves me gobsmacked. That's a savings of somewhere in the neighborhood of about $1,200 or so from what I'd have to pay my authorized state dealer, and so I'm looking at any potential caveats, hoping you can forgive me for doing so.

You live in California, a few states to the west of Texas, so I wonder if it might be much more convenient and economical to ship a DP to you rather than to my state of Iowa. Even so, that's a minor consideration. And that leaves me to wonder if you may be getting a great deal because the main Kawai distributorship is located in California.

I'm going to guess, though, that the covid virus may have an awful lot to do with great deals that may be offered now. As I understand it, California is being especially hard hit, as vaccines are in terribly short supply. This would seem to have nothing to do with Texas, but the virus may be affecting the entire southwestern United States. I'm hoping I'm not right, and that businesses aren't in any financial straits, but one never knows. (As an aside, if this truly is the case, you perhaps may be feeling a twinge of guilt for taking advantage of a bad situation, but if we don't purchase from stores they can't stay in business. As we Americans are fond of saying today, 'It is what it is.')

Unfortunately for me, it is probably not a good idea to call Alamo and talk to them about making a purchase of the PE CA79, as I would not be buying until late spring or early summer; I would just be wasting their time. Even so, I'm tempted to call them and at least touch base on what I might have to look forward to in about three months or so.

E
E
USER LOCATION: PA, US
MODEL: CLP-745 (Black Matte)
PRICE PAID: $3149 + tax
DELIVERY CHARGE: $150 (and came assembled)
VENDOR LOCATION: King of Prussia, PA
VENDOR NAME: Cunningham Piano
PURCHASE DATE: 2/6/2021
DELIVERY DATE: 2/11/2021

Extra appreciation for Cunningham Piano spending extra time showing my 7 year old the inner workings of acoustic pianos and playing some kid songs. I'm hoping once the pandemic ends we can get a tour of their Germantown location since it's only 10 minutes from us.

@ADWyatt: Perhaps you've misread the model number? That was a CA79, not a CA97.
It seems that $3900 is in the range of other CA79 sales in this thread over the past ten months:
- $3550
- $3140
- $3200
- $3300
- $4049
So I can't imagine paying $1200 more at your dealer ...
That's a savings of somewhere in the neighborhood of about $1,200 or so from what I'd have to pay my authorized state dealer ...

A
A
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
@ADWyatt: Perhaps you've misread the model number? That was a CA79, not a CA97.
It seems that $3900 is in the range of other CA79 sales in this thread over the past ten months:
- $3550
- $3140
- $3200
- $3300
- $4049
So I can't imagine paying $1200 more at your dealer ...
That's a savings of somewhere in the neighborhood of about $1,200 or so from what I'd have to pay my authorized state dealer ...

MacMacMac, if you will read the post immediately following you will note that he paid $3,900 for the CA79, not the CA97. And so I would naturally assume that he had made a typographical error. Of course, he might also have made the error in his follow-up post, so for the moment I'm not really certain of what to think. Hopefully BattleOoze might respond and clear up any misunderstanding.

P
pwl Offline
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
P
To clarify BattleOoze's price for the sake of comparisons: The 9.5% sales tax in San Mateo means the price before tax, including delivery, was approx. $3560. So yes, the out-of-pocket price is ultimately the most important thing to the buyer but (since taxes can vary considerably) knowing the tax-not-included price can be most useful for negotiating/evaluating a potential deal.

Page 97 of 111 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 110 111

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission