2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
54 members (Chris B, Cheeeeee, Carey, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 10 invisible), 1,981 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Well as the lockdown is easing a bit, here, I have called a tuner to have my 4 machines sorted out. What with the lockdown and my study trip in Slovenia, where I got stuck due to travel restrictions, they haven't been touched for a very long time.

Currently working towards "Twinkle twinkle little star"
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
That is good news, Philip!

I'm looking forward to getting the COVID-19 vaccine, but I don't meet the criteria just yet. I will in about 6 months, unless they change the criteria to include me before then.

Nothing like a well tuned piano!

All the best!

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I’m sure that will be a relief for all of you, LOL! 🎹🎹🎹

I’m also looking forward to seeing my tech again, and I pray I can resume in person lessons this fall. I am so looking forward to the world being more normal. 🙏😊

Cunningham Studio grand; Yamaha CLP-645 Clavinova
L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
Well I shall be "well tuned" when I get vaccinated. Canada seems to have constant delays , ditherings etc. Now everyone
is getting on shot .( when? ) Then we get another (delayed) shot 4 months later. So here's hoping it will turn out allright .
But one can still have one's piano tuned as far as I know.

F
F
Originally Posted by Lady Bird
Well I shall be "well tuned" when I get vaccinated. Canada seems to have constant delays , ditherings etc. Now everyone
is getting on shot .( when? ) Then we get another (delayed) shot 4 months later. So here's hoping it will turn out allright .
But one can still have one's piano tuned as far as I know.

I really wonder the delayed 2nd shot will be effective or not.

but I'm glad my tuner is able to come.

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
I don't think it's a question of whether or not the second shot will be effective, but, rather, whether the effect of the first shot will last for the full four months if it comes to that; but things are changing daily.

All this is, however, speculation (including what I write), and we can only be reasonable and hope that the experts really do know more than we do and that they are working in the best efforts of everyone. I am hard pressed to throw criticism at the experts or at distributors or at the government when the whole world, experts included, are dealing, under pressure, with a new phenomenon with pitfalls at every step of the process.

That said, and back to the original topic, I will wait until immunized (with the first short at least) before calling my tuner. I need voicing as much as tuning but, like other limitations imposed by the pandemic, I can deal with it for the time being.

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by BruceD
I don't think it's a question of whether or not the second shot will be effective, but, rather, whether the effect of the first shot will last for the full four months if it comes to that; but things are changing daily.

All this is, however, speculation (including what I write), and we can only be reasonable and hope that the experts really do know more than we do and that they are working in the best efforts of everyone. I am hard pressed to throw criticism at the experts or at distributors or at the government when the whole world, experts included, are dealing, under pressure, with a new phenomenon with pitfalls at every step of the process.

That said, and back to the original topic, I will wait until immunized (with the first short at least) before calling my tuner. I need voicing as much as tuning but, like other limitations imposed by the pandemic, I can deal with it for the time being.

Regards,
I was going to ask my technician to perhaps check how well the piano was prepped in the dealer. ( it was only a month on the floor, from the warehouse) The piano seems fine and I think the very occasional ghost notes could be me. The touch is extremely different from the Sauter so it's possible. It does not happen much at all. I never thought that I should wait to be vaccinated before the piano is tuned though...
The loss of tuning is subtle still there nothing like a great
service for a new piano.

L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
[quote=BruceD]I don't think it's a question of whether or not the second shot will be effective, but, rather, whether the effect of the first shot will last for the full four months

Yes the expectation is that the immune system of a 70 yr old will similar to a 40 year old person !
I just hope that that this will change and this situation will
not happen .

T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Wonder if you'll need multiple tunings to restore stability! I've had my piano tuned twice since October after a long break (both we and my tech have been very careful with covid, so he felt comfortable resuming visits) and my tech is here right now and said the tuning fell 10% from December! It was so out that I actually thought it was sharp since it got very nasal.

He said to call him next time when I hear that it's even starting to go out, since he said this tuning isn't going to hold well frown

Last edited by twocats; 03/09/21 03:52 PM.

2001 Petrof 125 -> 2002 Petrof IV -> 1999 Bösendorfer 225
D
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
D
Fwiw the first dose of Moderna is 80% effective after 3 weeks, and nobody who gets Covid after that period lands in hospital. 80% is far better than any flu vaccine. I haven’t followed studies with Pfizer, as my practice doesn’t involve these matters and I got Moderna. I suspect the findings are similar.

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
The tuna is coming on 28th March.

Currently working towards "Twinkle twinkle little star"
Originally Posted by PhilipInChina
The tuna is coming on 28th March.

Sounds good, Philip! Only 4 more days to go! Nothing like a freshly tuned piano, except maybe one that holds its tuning well, and stays in tune for a while! smile

My Yamaha C7 holds its tuning well, and has the best tuning stability of any piano I've ever owned, and the best sounding. Just played it a few minutes ago, working on a new blues song entitled "There's a man in here". smile

Oh yea, I also got my first COVID-19 vaccine shot yesterday. No side affects at all, and not even a sore arm. It was the Pfizer vaccine, so I'll get my second shot in mid April. Hope I don't turn into a vampire like in the Movie "Legend". Stuff like that does cross my mind...

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Rickster
Hope I don't turn into a vampire like in the Movie "Legend". Stuff like that does cross my mind...

Rick

Don't worry, that isn't going to happen unless you have some local vampires to make your DIY 'vaccine' from.

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission