2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
64 members (ambrozy, Bach_ingMaddie, BlakeOR, 3B43, Alex Hutor, brennbaer, 16 invisible), 362 guests, and 508 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Raelias Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hello everybody, I'm on the market for a Piano to substitute my EW300 keyboard that I had for about a year as it has no weighted keys, I really want the close I can get to an authentic Acustic piano as possible

Thing is: in my country the FP-30 X and the Casio AP-710 is somehow the exact same price for some reason, so Id like to know:

How the PHA4 action on the FP-30 X compares to the AP-710, is it significantly better? How about the piano sound quality? This are the most important things for me

I heard for a couple guys that the FP-30 is a better piano, but in the USA the AP-710 is I belive close to double the price which makes it hard for me to belive the if both are the same price, the FP-30 X is actually a better choice for an instrument, is that really the case? I'd go for the FP-30 if it's significantly better but to be honest I find the AP-710 a much more beautiful instrument

Thanks in advance for your imput.

O
O
If they were the same price I'd take the Celviano all day long. But usually the FP30 is at least $1000 cheaper in my Country, so it's better bang for buck.

Actually it's less than half the price. Are you sure you've got your numbers right?
Ap710 is nz$3300
Fp30x is nz$1300

Last edited by OU812; 05/05/21 05:55 PM.
R
Raelias Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by OU812
If they were the same price I'd take the Celviano all day long. But usually the FP30 is at least $1000 cheaper in my Country, so it's better bang for buck.

Actually it's less than half the price. Are you sure you've got your numbers right?
Ap710 is nz$3300
Fp30x is nz$1300

Haha yes i'm sure, the Rolands and Kawais are very overpriced in Brazil, both the AP710 and FP30 X is priced at around 1500 to 1600 USD. Like you said I'd assume the Celviano is a better piano but I keep hering all around the internet that the FP30 has a more authentic action and sometimes even a better sound. I really like the looks of the Celviano but I'd trade that for a better action if it's significant, unfortunally with the pandemics I can't go around shops trying them, I'd love some imput from you guys

Last edited by Raelias; 05/05/21 06:07 PM.
D
D
Originally Posted by Raelias

Ap710 is nz$3300
Fp30x is nz$1300

Haha yes i'm sure, the Rolands and Kawais are very overpriced in Brazil, both the AP710 and FP30 X is priced at around 1500 to 1600 USD. Like you said I'd assume the Celviano is a better piano but I keep hering all around the internet that the FP30 has a more authentic action and sometimes even a better sound. I really like the looks of the Celviano but I'd trade that for a better action if it's significant, unfortunally with the pandemics I can't go around shops trying them, I'd love some imput from you guys

honestly the action of the casio has always seemed a waste of time in that price range, however I have to admit that the model you mention is more robust and therefore looks better in its appearance. If you do not mind not having to move it from one place to another and you are comfortable with that action, for appearance reasons I would recommend the casio, but if you want something more faithful in action I recommend the roland (I have an fp30x), from step you can move it more easily than the casio, and if you want it to look more beautiful you can invest more in the support and the triple pedal that are really worth it

E
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
E
obviously ap710, no way FP30x is worth that much.

If you're in the range though, you might as well get Gp310

Last edited by EinLudov; 05/05/21 06:51 PM.
R
Raelias Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by EinLudov
obviously ap710, no way FP30x is worth that much.

If you're in the range though, you might as well get Gp310

I'd love to, but the GP310 goes up to around 2800s USD, that's way too expensive for a beginer like me haha

So like you said, you are telling me that the AP710 is better, the comment before just said that the FP-30 X is a better instrument, you guys are killing me haha

It's this thing, I keep reading all around the internet that the FP30 is better but it's very hard to belive that a piano half the price is better

E
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
E
I'd love to, but the GP310 goes up to around 2800s USD, that's way too expensive for a beginer like me haha

How much is the Fp30 and the ap710 where you are?

Last edited by EinLudov; 05/05/21 07:05 PM.
R
Raelias Offline OP
OP Offline
R

How much is the Fp30 and the ap710 where you are?

Both just around 1500 USD

Last edited by Raelias; 05/05/21 07:24 PM.
E
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
E
How much is es920 and es520

R
Raelias Offline OP
OP Offline
R
How much is es920 and es520

3000 and 2350 USD respectivelly,

E
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
E
That's insane. laugh

Given the spread, I really would consider GP310, it's unreasonably cheaper vs USA prices, the exact opposite for those other brands. You might even talk your dealer down a few hundred.

AP710, the action is not loved, but it's still a better choice than fp30 by far.

You could go even lower on the casio bracket, if you can nab the tri-hammer 2, and go the VST route.

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
I have the FP-30. I had a couple of Casios with the same action as the AP-710 (the Tri Sensor II). As far as action goes, I think the PHA-4 is far better in most respects. It feels more solid, has a better pivot, and is certainly less clicky and thumpy. The one thing I'd caution folks about is that the PHA-4 is pretty heavy relative to any digital piano action I've played (not that I'm an expert). It's nothing you can't get used to with some practice, but you should be aware of it.

The sound of the FP-30 is fine, nothing to write home about, but not terrible. I don't know about the AP-710.

Decent upright bassist; aspiring decent pianist
Present: Roland DP-603, Roland RD-2000, Yamaha MX61, Casio CDP-130
Past: Roland FP-30, Casio PX-160, Casio PX-830
Etc.: PianoTeq Stage 7 (Bechstein, Bluethner, U4), Roland KC-80
O
O
The action of the AP is 'different' to the Roland's but its personal taste as to whether its 'better'.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Hello,

The action of the AP is 'different' to the Roland's but its personal taste as to whether its 'better'.

This is absolutely true, of course.

I have never met an AP-710 in the flesh, but if the action it uses is the same as found in the PX-S1000/3000 then Roland's PHA-4 Standard trumps it by a country mile.

Just a short note, hope it helps.

Cheers and happy decision making,

HZ

R
Raelias Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by HZPiano
Hello,
I have never met an AP-710 in the flesh, but if the action it uses is the same as found in the PX-S1000/3000 then Roland's PHA-4 Standard trumps it by a country mile.
HZ

I don't think it's the same, S300 uses the "Smart Scaled Hammer Action", the Celviano uses the "Tri Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II"

That's insane. laugh

Given the spread, I really would consider GP310, it's unreasonably cheaper vs USA prices, the exact opposite for those other brands. You might even talk your dealer down a few hundred.

AP710, the action is not loved, but it's still a better choice than fp30 by far.

You could go even lower on the casio bracket, if you can nab the tri-hammer 2, and go the VST route.

I'd LOVE the GP310, besides the superior action I love the control panel beeing on the side giving it a more classic acoustic look, but it's almost twice the price of the AP710, that would be really pushing it for me

All this feedback and debate is really helping, not yet decided but I'm leaning towards the Celviano, I'll make a decision by tomorrow

C
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
C
Casio CDP-S and PX-S models have a different action from other models. They have even shorter keys.

PX and AP models are the same. CDP without the S has a older generation of the PX/AP action.

"Grand Hybrid" of course is completely different with actual grand piano key sticks but a "digital piano action".

That's pretty much it.

Unlike other PX or AP models the AP-710 features three separate piano sounds. Other AP models have only two and PX models just one. (I'm not counting variations of the same base sample set.)

E
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
E
So all the other brands are overpriced except the Casios in Brazil correct ?

Is this true of all stores, or only your local store ?

Fp30(x) is absolutely not an option at that price.

R
Raelias Offline OP
OP Offline
R
So all the other brands are overpriced except the Casios in Brazil correct ?

Is this true of all stores, or only your local store ?

Fp30(x) is absolutely not an option at that price.

By the looks of it yeah, for some reason casio have a good price here, maybe local factory or something, this is true for all stores

I managed to go to a local store and tested the fp30 and privia px870 (same action as the ap710 i belive) sincerelly i didnt feel much of a difference except for the escapement (kind of overdone?), and the roland is very slightly heavier. Tested the p125 as well and it felt super light almost non weighted and glossy keys, feels like a keyboard. Keep in mind i'm a beginer and have never played an actual acoustic. Guess i'll go with the Celviano, as much as I hear good things on the fp30 for the same price as the Celviano 710 i can't in my right mind pick the roland

E
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
E
How much is the 870 ?
What are the specs of your PC?
How much does 1TB SSD cost in brazil?
Do you own a sound system?

Last edited by EinLudov; 05/06/21 10:02 AM.
R
Raelias Offline OP
OP Offline
R
How much is the 870 ?
What are the specs of your PC?
How much does 1TB SSD cost in brazil?
Do you own a sound system?

PX870 is around 1200 USD

I have a pretty high end gaming PC with 32gbs 3090 and an 8700K that is due for an update but I'm waiting for the next generation memory to swype the whole thing

a 1tb (sata) ssd cost around 140 USD

I do not own a sound system

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai MP8 MIDI Latency
by Steve_B - 06/24/21 02:15 PM
Clavinova CLP100 no sound on left
by Tony Arnold - 06/24/21 10:33 AM
Recommend me a stand for my Kawai ES920
by Jojovan - 06/24/21 08:42 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics207,682
Posts3,106,877
Members101,897
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission