2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
37 members (Carey, brennbaer, 0day, Alex Hutor, AndrewJCW, Burkhard, Animisha, 8 invisible), 730 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Crazy cat Mack is learning to stay out of the piano, so every time he is in it, I stop practicing to order him out. After a variable number of trials, he is removed to the bathroom.

Bach makes blind cat Minnie need rubs and scratches. She is content to mewl around until I take a break and then she happily collects.

Frankie Mc Cat and marsupialized Pinklepurr see the piano as a perch or a step up to the window.

Learner
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by dogperson
This has been posted here before but Nora, the piano cat, always makes me smile

The performance looks so genuine. The cat sure has some sense of melody, harmony & rhythm...

T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Practice makes purr-fect!

OP Offline
The yellow cat looks like one of our cats that has crossed the rainbow bridge. He was big like this one. Love how the pianist stays so happy to love on him. Thanks for posting. It hasn't gotten that bad yet with Rico!

SunnyKeys - from Florida but not the Keys. Learning for 2 years.
Newbie - RCM Level 1 etudes, ABRSM Level 1 2019-20 Exam pieces. Sans exams.

Yamaha P125
Ritmuller UP 121
OP Offline
Originally Posted by malkin
Crazy cat Mack is learning to stay out of the piano, so every time he is in it, I stop practicing to order him out. After a variable number of trials, he is removed to the bathroom.

Bach makes blind cat Minnie need rubs and scratches. She is content to mewl around until I take a break and then she happily collects.

Frankie Mc Cat and marsupialized Pinklepurr see the piano as a perch or a step up to the window.

Banished to the bathroom! The horror! 😃😋

Yamaha P125
Ritmuller UP 121
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Piano*Cat interrupts my son's practice many years ago ...

Ah, I miss Lance.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
My mother's small dog has to bring all of her soft toys into the room when I'm practicing, and then shake and "kill" each one. Underneath the piano. With all the appropriate "lethal huntress" noises. Yesterday she stabbed my pedaling foot with a chewed deer antler. Distraction at its finest.

Collector of sheet music I can't play.

Chickering & Sons Quarter Grand (rebuilt 2021)
Casio Privia PX-160
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Piano*Dad
Piano*Cat interrupts my son's practice many years ago ...

Ah, I miss Lance.
That is sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Yamaha P125
Ritmuller UP 121
C
c++ Offline
C
All of those cats are Too Cute! smile

Sheba absolutely loves when I play. She always sits right by my side the entire time that I'm on the piano. The other day I added just a bit of strings to what I was playing and she gave me a dirty look, then ran upstairs and sulked. I soon returned to just the grand piano setting and she immediately came back down the stairs and sat right next to me once again until I was finished playing.

Here's a photo of Sheba trying to coax me off the sofa and back onto the piano bench. Turns out she prefers anything by The Beatles, Freddie Mercury, Billy Joel and Elton John... go figure!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by camperbc; 06/01/21 03:52 PM.

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

- Casio Privia PX-870BK
- Casiotone CT-680
- Casiotone CT-S300
OP Offline
Originally Posted by camperbc
Sheba absolutely loves when I play. She always sits right by my side the entire time that I'm on the piano. The other day I added just a bit of strings to what I was playing and she gave me a dirty look, then ran upstairs and sulked. I soon returned to just the grand piano setting and she immediately came back down the stairs and sat right next to me once again until I was finished playing.

I love this story! Sheba knows what she likes!! She is beautiful!

Last edited by SunnyKeys; 06/01/21 04:33 PM.

Yamaha P125
Ritmuller UP 121
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H

Here's a photo of Sheba trying to coax me off the sofa and back onto the piano bench. Turns out she prefers anything by The Beatles, Freddie Mercury, Billy Joel and Elton John... go figure!

[Linked Image]

Has anyone ever told you that your cat looks a lot like a dog? You might want to do some bloodwork and see.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
Originally Posted by SunnyKeys

I love this story! Sheba knows what she likes!! She is beautiful!

Thanks SunnyKeys! Yes, Sheba sure does know what she likes... and I wholeheartedly agree that she's a beauty. Here's another pic of our gentle giant.

[Linked Image]

Glen

- Casio Privia PX-870BK
- Casiotone CT-680
- Casiotone CT-S300
Originally Posted by hawgdriver

[Linked Image]

Has anyone ever told you that your cat looks a lot like a dog? You might want to do some bloodwork and see.

Sorry to disappoint, hawgdriver. When the op asked if "anyone else have troubles with furbabies", I just assumed that this meant all types of furbabies. My bad.

Glen

- Casio Privia PX-870BK
- Casiotone CT-680
- Casiotone CT-S300
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H

[Linked Image]

Sorry to disappoint, hawgdriver. When the op asked if "anyone else have troubles with furbabies", I just assumed that this meant all types of furbabies. My bad.

I'm just being playful, camperbc. Your doggo is the most beautiful cat here...

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
OP Offline

[Linked Image]

Not your bad at all! That beautiful baby is perfect for this thread!

Yamaha P125
Ritmuller UP 121
Thanks, to both of you, for being ok with my having posted the little story/pics of our pooch. Sheba, our 4 year-old purebred German Shepherd, is indeed the perfect dog in every way imaginable... ridiculously intelligent, always gentle as can be, perfectly behaved at all times, and affectionate beyond belief... a major cuddler who is so into endless hugs and kisses and snuggles. She's basically a supersized lap dog! (standing a statuesque 30 inches at the shoulders, sporting a massive 37-inch chest circumference, and weighing in at a fit 110 lbs)

We unfortunately don't have a cat at this time, but have had six over the years. Come to think of it, Sheba is my sixth dog. (and is our second German Shepherd)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by camperbc; 06/02/21 12:01 AM.

Glen

- Casio Privia PX-870BK
- Casiotone CT-680
- Casiotone CT-S300
Your cat seemed particularly intrigued around the 50 second mark. Like me, he clearly thought you were about to break into Rikki Don't Lose That Number.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Boston UP-118S opinions
by skern49 - 08/08/22 10:22 PM
OT-ish: what kind of Yamaha is this?
by ShiroKuro - 08/08/22 06:53 PM
Crack on soundboard
by phucahwa - 08/08/22 05:43 PM
Cage:Sonatas and Interludes
by pianoloverus - 08/08/22 05:31 PM
Bluetooth Pedal - page turner
by danno858 - 08/08/22 04:00 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics214,303
Posts3,214,910
Members106,036
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission