2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, ChickenBrother, 10 invisible), 2,074 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
witor Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Yamaha dgx 670 is not available in stores near me. I could order one online.

Do you think that benefits of buying in local store are worth waiting, or should I just order one online?

Main think I am concerned about is that if something goes wrong I can't just take it back to the shop and it will be expensive and time consuming if I need to send it back for whatever reason.

H
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
Hello,

Is any of your local stores willing to order it and then sell it to you just as any other local shop purchase?

That way, you'd have the best of both options.

Cheers and good luck,

HZ

C
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
C
I'd check how Yamaha's warranty works where you live.

I mean does the device itself have to be shipped to the seller or is there maybe an authorized dealer/service center nearby and can you take the device there once first dealing with Yamaha directly?

D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by witor
Yamaha dgx 670 is not available in stores near me. I could order one online.

Do you think that benefits of buying in local store are worth waiting, or should I just order one online?

Main think I am concerned about is that if something goes wrong I can't just take it back to the shop and it will be expensive and time consuming if I need to send it back for whatever reason.

Stores are under tremendous pressure currently due to covid. If people want these stores to exist a decade from now, then we'd better give them the custom.

Instruments......Kawai MP7SE.............................................(Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000)
Software..........Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand...............K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Piano stool.......K&M 14093 Piano stool
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
I agree with Doug. If the stores stop carrying DP's because folks are buying them online, where will you go to try them?

Kawai NV10
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
We have to stop going digital.... smile smile I mean for purchasing digital piano

Last edited by playplayplay; 06/20/21 03:30 PM.

"La critique est facile, mais l'art reste difficile"
W
witor Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I agree and that's why I would prefer to buy it from a local store, but they don't have stock. I will wait for a bit I am just not sure how long the wait might be.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ˆTomLCˆ
I agree with Doug. If the stores stop carrying DP's because folks are buying them online, where will you go to try them?

I will try out guitars instead - and buy those. wink

Yamaha P-515
Originally Posted by ˆTomLCˆ

Well, I don't think you'll drive there from CA, but if you live in or around Indiana, you can always go to Sweetwater!

In spite of the fact that online sales are booming, they just opened a new music store that is three times the size of the "old" one, which already was (I believe) the largest music store in the U.S. The new store is the size of a small shopping mall, with each product line (acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass guitars, drums, pianos, etc.) having its own store-size space.

If you like musical instruments, it's an amazing place to stroll around... smile

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel; a free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain." -- Morgan Freeman's character, "Red", in The Shawshank Redemption
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Do they sell the N1X, these ‘sweetwater’ people you talk about?

I don't believe I've ever seen an AvantGrand on the showroom floor, but I've never actually looked for one, so...

Sweetwater "sells" everything Yamaha makes, in that they can order one for you, but they don't have one of everything on the floor for you to try. They have a pretty decent selection of Yamaha uprights and grands, though.

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel; a free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain." -- Morgan Freeman's character, "Red", in The Shawshank Redemption
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
I’m sorry, but I can’t trust a company with such a name, ‘Sweetwater’; I’m old-school and expect some heft and resonance to a ‘piano’ store’s name, like ‘Faust & Harrison’. Now, that’s a name I can trust because it conveys a certain legacy and know-how passed down from generation to generation; all the way from Papa Faust to Harrison jr., but Sweetwater? That sounds more like a candy store.

As a matter of fact, and I’m not kidding, I once knew about a company called ‘Watersalts’, and guess what they sold? Yep, you guessed it, water salts!

C
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Pete14
I’m sorry, but I can’t trust a company with such a name, ‘Sweetwater’; I’m old-school and expect some heft and resonance to a ‘piano’ store’s name, like ‘Faust & Harrison’.

They could change it to German: Süßwasser

Though that might turn into Susswasser. But it's still slightly German and exotic.

Would Sweet & Water convince you? Or Sweetwater and Sons?

Sweetwater gives you a bag of candy with each purchase (I keep the Tootsie Roll and the Laffy Taffy, and throw out the rest of it), so you could say that they're selling candy, and throwing in a guitar or a piano as a bonus. smile

I joke with them that they sell the world's most expensive candy!

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by clothearednincompo
I’m sorry, but I can’t trust a company with such a name, ‘Sweetwater’; I’m old-school and expect some heft and resonance to a ‘piano’ store’s name, like ‘Faust & Harrison’.

They could change it to German: Süßwasser

Though that might turn into Susswasser. But it's still slightly German and exotic.

Would Sweet & Water convince you? Or Sweetwater and Sons?

I might be able to live with Suss & Wasser!

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
For 6 months, all the stores in the city were shut except the ones that sells food & drug. Instrument stores are non-essential so they operated like a warehouses for pick-up. You’d browse a store’s online page and place the order. If the item is in stock, you can pick it up the same day than wait for a delivery. You show them your order # and someone brings it out to you.

Unless you already tried the specific model before or just buying the newer version of your current keyboard, can’t get to feel the action. Fortunately many local stores are reopening so another 2 weeks wait isn’t a big deal.

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by thepianoplayer416
For 6 months, all the stores in the city were shut except the ones that sells food & drug.

My point, exactly!

If a store sells food & drug it cannot be called “Sweetdreams,” but rather “Food & Drug Inc.”

Unless you’re actually selling rainbows, you simply cannot name your store “The Rainbow Shop;” this is deceitful and should be looked into by the appropriate authorities. Respect My Authoritah!

W
witor Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Anyway I am in the UK. Anyone knows anything about another shipment (which will hopefully not get stuck in the canal) Coming to us with some dgx 670's ? can't find one in Norfolk at the moment....

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Are they still using the ‘stuck in the canal’ excuse, really?

It seems odd to me how some people can get a piano almost immediately; whereas, others have to wait months for the same piano within a similar region.

At some point the canal situation was significantly improved, and the fire at the ‘chip factory’ was put out, yet still we keep hearing these excuses as if we’re living in the 1700s where rebuilding a burnt-down cathedral literally took decades.

Most industries have significantly improved on manufacturing/distribution, yet the piano industry seems at odds and still remains ‘stuck in a canal’; what gives?

D
D
Are they still using the ‘stuck in the canal’ excuse, really?

At some point the canal situation was significantly improved, and the fire at the ‘chip factory’ was put out, yet still we keep hearing these excuses as if we’re living in the 1700s where rebuilding a burnt-down cathedral literally took decades.

Some devastating effects (eg the canal) can have repercussions that linger for a long time. Has that ship been released yet after paying the ransom, err... fee for getting unstuck ($920 million)? The others went through after some serious delay, but the original culprit and its 18,000 containers was held hostage long after the canal was freed. How many electronics and/or DPs were/are in these containers?

Also, are you aware that a recent fire in a Cathedral (Notre-Dame in Paris) will still take a decade, give or take, to rebuild, despite all the tools and materials of modern technology?

Complete beginner, started 12/2020 with Yamaha PSR-E373. I used to play guitar some 40 years ago and recall some music theory, sheet music reading. Making steady progress with the Faber's Adult All-in-One method books and complements.

Yamaha P-515 (white)

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission