2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
85 members (brennbaer, c++, APianistHasNoName, cmoody31, clothearednincompo, beeboss, Craig Hair, 20 invisible), 1,523 guests, and 692 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
OP Offline
T
Here's what I've found so far on my Yamaha Clavinova CLP100:
1. No sound coming from left speaker
2. No sound from left side of headphones
3. Both sides working from aux out to external amp
4. Both sides working from mp3 to aux in
5. Keyboard midi out to another keyboard works fine.

Possibly a capacitor or DAC? I'd like to narrow it down before I start replacing parts. This is a single circuit board keyboard, so there is no separate amp board to narrow down the search. Thanks in advance...Tony

3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
Since the AUX is correct, the DAC is OK.

The next step of the chain is the volume control, and there a Op amp may be defective (the AUX is typically volume fixed then not affected).

You should get a service manual if you want to see all the components between AUX and headphones/speakers.

Yamaha CLP150, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Having read your posts, it seems you are able to buy used DPs and fix them ..... if you can find the necessary helpful info such as service manuals 🤓 ......... having spent over 30 years in network tech support, so called “ information technology” in the present vernacular, i have long noticed the increasing trend for previously useful information to be difficult to find if not outright discarded like so much trash.

in these modern days it is refreshing when i see somebody like you, an old-schooler, willing, able and capable of repairing used stuff rather than following the heard towards discarding, disposing, throwing away as trash only to be replaced by something else new.

Here is one such blast from the past that i hope helps you Tony, its from MacMacMac, a resident old-schooler with many specialties including useful Yamaha knowledge.

Regards,

-drew

—- “ Call Yamaha direct in California.
They're at 6600 Orangethorpe Ave, Buena Park CA 90620
Phone 714-522-9011 or 714-522-9961

Yamaha has a habit of changing part numbers from time to time.
But the people on the phone at Yamaha really know their stuff. See whether they can help you. “

- Kawai MP7 and LSR308 monitors
- Roland HP-508
- DT770 Pro-80 and MDR-7506 phones
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for the input. I have leaned on the Yamaha 24x7 guys often. In this instance the CLP-100 is considered "legacy" and there are not many parts available. The volume slider has been replaced by a new part number that has now become unavailable. However, by searching the internet, I found from a posting that the parts used in the CLP-100 are also used on the CLP-550. I was able to download the service manual for the 550 and verify that the part numbers are the same for the volume slider. The slider for the CLP-550 was available from Syntaur.com, so I hope to soon have it in hand.
Sure would be an amazing document that would cross reference a part number to all the Yamaha models on which it was used. However, the internet still amazes me....Tony

T
OP Offline
T
Final post on the CLP-100. Replacing the volume slider fixed the speaker problem and I now have stereo sound again. (Thanks to Frederic). I stripped the keybed and cleaned the frame, hammers and keys. The felts, pressure strip and contact boards were all good, as were the electronics. So the board plays like new. But, this is the WORST sounding Yamaha keyboard I've ever heard. Just the way they sounded in 1987. Thanks for the help...Tony

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Vibration in new piano
by Fantine56 - 07/30/21 03:20 PM
Hardman Peck console question
by eebird - 07/30/21 02:25 PM
Auction of rare piano collection
by Sweelinck - 07/30/21 01:04 PM
Please Help Me Find This Sheet
by Shinobi - 07/30/21 12:14 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics208,294
Posts3,117,712
Members102,284
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission