2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
41 members (cygnusdei, audiophon, Boylan, Alex Hutor, bluebilly, brennbaer, Animisha, Boboulus, 9 invisible), 724 guests, and 656 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
N
N
David,
I too have noticed the buzzing in the lower registers. It seems to be particularly prevalent for the condenser and tube microphones.
It's certainly odd that the buzzing is unequally applied across the lower notes (some buzz, some don't). Hoping this implies it wasn't a recording issue but rather a software mishap! Right now, that's the only thing holding me back from purchasing the 280VC as the buzzing is quite noticeable to my ears.

In the mean time, VSL is keeping me occupied with the Blüthner demo:))

Blue skies and all the best,
Nicholas

P
OP Offline
P
Hi everybody,

We have just added demo licenses for 4 Synchron Pianos for those last days of our piano special, including the 280VC.

Please get your demo license on the respective product pages:

Bösendorfer Imperial

Concert D-274

Yamaha CFX

Bösendorfer 280VC

And if you're interestest in organs, check out the Great Rieger Organ, currently available at introductory pricing!

Regarding the fine-tuning of our pianos:

Isn't it great that every piano is different?
Check out the unique per-note EQ (in the EDIT window) that lets you adjust each key separately not to mention the per-not MIDI sensitivity and volume...

Oh, and let me add this cool real-life comparison of the 3 concert grands we recorded in Stage A @Synchron Stage Vienna:

Best,
Paul

Last edited by Paul Kopf; 06/25/21 09:06 AM.

Product Manager
Vienna Symphonic Library
www.vsl.co.at
T
Online Content
T
Just bought the Synchron 280VC... Yay!
I opted for the full version since I've found the tube close 2 mic makes the excellent sound a bit rounder smile
BTW, I've found that while having the need for the USB-ViennaKey seems to be annoying at first -at least it helps build up hesitance since it comes with a cost- but the ability of having the libraries to try out as demo for 30 days compensate the procastination somehow.
Also knowing I can just install the same library on many computers as I want ease up the concern for purchase since I can switch computers (Windows / Mac) at will and use the same USB-key.

@Paul Kopf: thanks for the excellent VSL 280VC, keep up with the great work - and one more thing: I know you're migrating to iLok but it would be great if you can maintain the option with ViennaKey as well

[Kawai VPC1 / ES100 - VSTs: VSL 280VC, Garritan CFX, Pianoteq 7 & VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 - Ableton Live Lite - Presonus iOne/iTwo - Tascam US1x2/2x2- Sennheiser HD700/6xx - Presonus E5+T10, iloud micro monitors]
P
OP Offline
P
Hi Tony,

Glad you like the 280VC, it is an incredible piano.

With iLok, you can simply use an iLok key... eLicenser will work for quite some time after that transition, and then you can decide whether you go with the iLok Cloud or key.

Best,
Paul

Product Manager
Vienna Symphonic Library
www.vsl.co.at
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Hi Paul,

Any information about when the transition to ilok will begin for users ? Thank you.

P
OP Offline
P
Hi,

We will announce it when we're ready. It is quite an undertaking, and promises only lead to misunderstandings... So diplomacy is the way to go.
Looking good at this point, that's all I can say!

Thanks for bearing with us!

Paul

Product Manager
Vienna Symphonic Library
www.vsl.co.at
T
T
I downloaded the Bosendorfer 280VC demo this weekend, and I think I like it a lot better than the Steinway or Blüethner...I'm curious if any of you have compared the Bosendorfer 280VC with the VSL Yamaha CFX? I downloaded the CFX demo a long time ago and am locked out of it now, but I remember the playability feeling really nice with it. I didn't really understand how the mics and sound settings could be tweaked at the time, so I didn't really like the initial sound I was getting and just lost interest pretty quick.

Therefore, I'm curious to know what you guys think. Do you have a preference for the VSL Bosendorfer 280VC or the VSL Yamaha CFX?

C
C
Originally Posted by TylerMorgan1
I downloaded the Bosendorfer 280VC demo this weekend, and I think I like it a lot better than the Steinway or Blüethner...I'm curious if any of you have compared the Bosendorfer 280VC with the VSL Yamaha CFX? I downloaded the CFX demo a long time ago and am locked out of it now, but I remember the playability feeling really nice with it. I didn't really understand how the mics and sound settings could be tweaked at the time, so I didn't really like the initial sound I was getting and just lost interest pretty quick.

Therefore, I'm curious to know what you guys think. Do you have a preference for the VSL Bosendorfer 280VC or the VSL Yamaha CFX?

These two are my favourite VSLs, Tyler (actually, my favourite piano VIs from any developer).

The CFX is my absolute #1, but that's just not to say it's "better," but for me it's the perfect piano sound with brilliant playability. I play the 280VC a lot as well though and love it. Within the limits of my tweaking, I'd say the CFX can be more crystalline; the 280VC a little rounder/woodier.

You can't go wrong with either...just two flavours of awesome!

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
This 280VC is the first sampled piano I could honestly listen to, by itself, all day. A huge thanks to all of you who've posted performances and videos! As soon as I finish this monster work project I'll be downloading 280VC.

Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
Selling Hammond D100 (think B3) Organ & Leslie HL722!
---------------------
Our Fall 2021 Free Newsletter is Out , see it here!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
'market place' ?
by idg - 10/27/21 05:43 AM
Floor space: can I dream of a grand?
by xlider - 10/27/21 02:34 AM
Announcement of new Kawai AURES2 Hybrid Piano
by Daydreaming - 10/27/21 01:17 AM
Minimum repertoire to judge acoustic piano
by TonyDIGITAL - 10/26/21 10:34 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,762
Posts3,142,270
Members103,122
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission