2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
47 members (brdwyguy, AJB, Andrew E., BlackKnight, aphexdisklavier, Animisha, aliaksej, brennbaer, aguia77, 10 invisible), 2,825 guests, and 254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3154717 09/09/21 03:50 AM
OP Offline
I just watched a video of GL10 ATX4, it is already in the market:

Anyone of you did get the chance to play it?

"I tell my piano things" that I don’t have to tell everyone.
smile
Frederic Chopin (revisited)
M
M
I suspect, with ATX4 being as new as it is, combined with the current global supply chain problems, very few dealers will have an ATX4 model in the showroom, and therefore very few people will have had a chance to play it. Kawai doesn't even list ATX4 models on their website yet.

A
A
Is the only difference from atx3/aures the lack of control panel and moving controls to the app?

Working on:
Bach Preludes and Fugues (Assorted)
Beethoven Appassionata Sonata
Chopin Scherzo #3

Practicing on:
Yamaha NU1X
Yamaha P-515

Playing on:
C. Bechstein Concert A192

Old Flames:
1987 Yamaha C2
2020 Kawai K-300 Aures
M
M
No, ATX4 (and Aures 2) is based on the hardware from the CA99/CA79 line (presumably, since there has not been an official announcement from Kawai yet). ATX3/Aures is based on the older hardware from the CA98/CA78 line.

The lack of control panel and moving controls to the app is only a difference between upright and grand models AFAIK.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
ATX4 is slowly coming . . .

- The action stopping mechanism has been updated. This means the action regulation can be done like normal, no special adjustment to allow for silencing the action. This is a BIG improvement. It plays and feels the same as a normal piano, whether the acoustic sound is stopped or not.
- Sound engines updated
- Optical Sensor system slightly improved
- Soundboard drivers (transducers) have been beefed up for a bigger, fuller sound.

Sorry, don't know exactly when these will start to appear in stores in any quantities.

Don Mannino, MPA
Kawai America
M
M
@KawaiDon thanks for the info. Can you confirm if the action stopping mechanism improvement also applies to Aures 2 uprights?

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Thank you KawaiDon for the information. Do you know if the ATX4 will be available in GX-1?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I have not been told the full plan, no. I know of GL30 which is the same size piano, but not for the GX1. If this were requested through your dealer in Sweden to Kawai Europe, sometimes special orders are possible, especially since the GL-30 system would work in the GX-1.

Don Mannino, MPA
Kawai America
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Thabo you and that’s a great idea to check. First i will try and compare a GX-1 to a GL30 and see if the upgrade is worth it. Comparing a Yamaha C1X or C2X to a GX-1 is probably the closest thing between the brands but the GX-1 is a lot less money. smile

B
B
I hate that they moved the panel to the app. I hate using a smartphone when playing the piano.
Apparently a typical cost saving. I hope the rest of the updates are really worth it and not only marketing bla bla.

But at least it gets the latest sound engine.

D
D
Originally Posted by Belger1900
I hate that they moved the panel to the app. I hate using a smartphone when playing the piano.

For me the opposite is true. Sooner or later the touchscreen and indeed the whole electrics will break and no longer be supported. Having the screen separate means it’s easier to replace and when the day comes it’s no longer functioning the piano looks more like a regular non-silent instrument.

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by dhts
Originally Posted by Belger1900

For me the opposite is true. Sooner or later the touchscreen and indeed the whole electrics will break and no longer be supported. Having the screen separate means it’s easier to replace and when the day comes it’s no longer functioning the piano looks more like a regular non-silent instrument.

This. The integrated screen in my ATX3 system was almost a reason not to buy it, but then other factors were in favor of it, and now I just hope it won't break.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
I’m very happy that they didn’t put a touch screen on the grand pianos. I’m very happy to have it on the smart device instead. Usually you don’t even touch it much after the initial setting are done.

I guess it till still be touchscreen for the uprights but I’m in the market for a grand with silent system so this is just perfect ☺️

F
F
I could be very interested in a Shigeru (SK-2 or SK-3) equipped with ATX4, but it is not clear whether they are manufactured. There is no evidence in the Internet that they exist, but ATX4 is pretty recent. I heard contrasting opinions from Kawai dealers. I tried asking Shigeru directly using their web form, but they are not answering. Did anyone sight a SK/ATX4 in the wild? smile Thanks

Last edited by furio ercolessi; 03/16/22 01:27 PM.
G
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
G
I asked my Kawai dealer about this earlier in the year and they confirmed that in SK can be ordered with ATX4 or Aures, special order. They said an ATX4 would add about $7-8k to the price.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV-10
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by furio ercolessi
I could be very interested in a Shigeru (SK-2 or SK-3) equipped with ATX4, but it is not clear whether they are manufactured. There is no evidence in the Internet that they exist, but ATX4 is pretty recent. I heard contrasting opinions from Kawai dealers. I tried asking Shigeru directly using their web form, but they are not answering. Did anyone sight a SK/ATX4 in the wild? smile Thanks

I don't understand why you say we aren't answering - if you wrote from the web form on www.shigerukawai.com then those messages come to me, and I always reply. However, that email address often is blocked by spam filters - you need to check on that.

The Shigerukawai pianos are not offered with the ATX systems. I know that a few have been built on special request, but it will not become a standard model - this is not the market that the (very limited production) Shigeru Kawai pianos are made for normally.

Don Mannino, MPA
Kawai America
F
F
KawaiDon, I apologize for writing that. Your reply did not land either in my regular mailbox or in the spam folder, then you should have received a straight mail rejection from my ISP's mailserver. If that is the case, I would be very glad to see a copy of it, so that I can whack my ISP for rejecting a legitimate mail.

Thanks for your answer. Pity, I have to strike SK off my list. I tried a SK-2 a few days ago, and I was nearly crying by how good it was, and particularly for the amazing expressivity allowed in the pianissimos. I guess I am in a niche market. Not the first time it happens to me, it must be my destiny :-)

G
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by furio ercolessi
Pity, I have to strike SK off my list. I tried a SK-2 a few days ago, and I was nearly crying by how good it was

Furio, would you consider a special order? I was looking at almost exactly the same thing you were (and I agree, we're kind of niche in the market for "uncompromising silent system on a premium grand") but as KawaiDon said, it's definitely possible to do, just not off-the-shelf. An SK with ATX4 would be a pretty special beast, and IMO really enticing.

In the limited universe of what I've seen, there are essentially two choices for factory silent systems that don't depend on the individual skill of an aftermarket/dealer install: Yamaha and Kawai.

On the Kawai side, seems like you can get an ATX4 on GL, GX, and by special order, SK models.

On the Yamaha side, there are more options, with SH2 systems available on a number of grands, as well as on Bosendorfers. And if you are looking even more upmarket to the SX/CF lineup, the Disklavier Enspire models have the same silent capabilities all the way up to the CFX and 280VC smile

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV-10
F
F
Particularly in these days of supply problems (Stu Harrison just posted a video on this topic) I do not feel like choosing a difficult path and get the piano in mid 2023. Yes I am now inclined towards S3X SH2, that is another piano that I like a lot.

My budget stops there ... I can not afford Bosendorfers or Steinway Spirios or CFs, and given my level those choices would also be kind of unethical!

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
I’m thinking about a GX-1 with ATX4 as a special order. It’s only offered in the GX-2 but it’s a little bit to big for me so the GX-1 would be perfect. Let’s see what happens ☺️

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Damper noise
by TimM_980 - 06/29/22 12:03 AM
Czerny availablility in large print?
by geopianoincanada - 06/28/22 11:53 PM
Wound bass strings all the way to C4
by TimM_980 - 06/28/22 11:44 PM
Alternatives to MainStage for Live Performances?
by Gord Webster - 06/28/22 11:29 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,720
Posts3,204,078
Members105,669
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission