2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
51 members (20/20 Vision, 36251, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 8 invisible), 1,397 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Pro-TAC Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Yamaha silent piano SC2,SH2 and trans-acoustic piano production discontinued in Japan.
Will it be released as a new model,
or will it be impossible to produce due to a shortage of semiconductors?
Which one?

cool

--------------------------------------
Pro-TAC tuning and repair service.
pro-tac.jpn.org/
--------------------------------------

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Very interesting. Where did you come across this information? Any links?

Most probably they will upgrade to the latest sound engine you find in the latest CLP-models 700-series. They will not stop making silent pianos.
☺️

G
G

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
It does look like Yamaha will be upgrading the lineup; take that, Steinway!

Incidentally, the TransAcoustic is my dream piano; yes, I will settle for an AvantGrand, but if luck comes a’ knocking on my door (fingers crossed, I hit the lottery), it will be a TransAcoustic for me!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pete14
It does look like Yamaha will be upgrading the lineup; take that, Steinway!

What is your problem with Steinway & Sons?

Yamaha P-515
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
I have no issues with his sons; it’s Steinway that rubs me the wrong way!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

Ah, you don't like piano. I see.

Yamaha P-515
T
T

Oh so it's more political than the piano itself. I loved most all the Steinway grands I've performed on. Many people dislike Richard Strauss for his politics and won't listen to his music.

Recorder Player/Singer
Back to playing piano
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
I love Richard Strauss’ music. I wasn’t aware that he was involved in politics. Not that it will change my love for his music but what did he do wrong?

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Very interesting… I’m looking to upgrade to a Yamaha grand with SH2 so this is fantastic news to me 😁

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by CyberGene
I love Richard Strauss’ music. I wasn’t aware that he was involved in politics. Not that it will change my love for his music but what did he do wrong?

There has been a persistent claim that he was some kind of Nazi or Nazi sympathiser. I think that has been comprehensively examined and convincingly de-bunked in more recent times. The Nazis liked him. But he had no time for them. So you can enjoy Strauss with a clear conscience.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tenor1

Oh so it's more political than the piano itself. I loved most all the Steinway grands I've performed on.

The best piano I ever played was a Steinway Model B grand piano in a showroom. It was so well prepared, that it literally represented the meaning of "perfection". If I had 150 grand to spare I would have bought it on the spot.

Yamaha P-515
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by EssBrace

There has been a persistent claim that he was some kind of Nazi or Nazi sympathiser. I think that has been comprehensively examined and convincingly de-bunked in more recent times. The Nazis liked him. But he had no time for them. So you can enjoy Strauss with a clear conscience.

I see, thanks. I’ve been researching some rather obscure composers and conductors recently and found out that some of them suffered by being unnecessarily punished for their alleged support for Nazism. For instance, Joseph Marx (I’ve recorded a wonderful piano prelude on my NU1X, can be seen on YouTube), Hans Pfitzner, Franz Schmidt - all of them wonderful composers who would certainly be more famous if they weren’t thrown into a forced obscurity. Then the conductor Oswald Kabasta was dismissed from Munich Philharmonic and was not allowed to conduct and devastated he committed suicide. One of the most famous Chopin interpreters (IMO he is the best one) Alfred Cortot “was found guilty by a French government panel of collaboration with the enemy and was suspended from performing for a year”. And so on, and so on. What Nazism did to humanity was unforgivable and monstrous but ruining the career and life of artists simply because they (may) have been sympathetic to a political party and certainly didn’t know, let alone participate, in the monstrosities, is also very wrong IMO. Unfortunately it reminds me of the Cancel-culture of today 😕

Last edited by CyberGene; 09/17/21 05:01 AM.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
The Nazi issues are interesting because it's pretty much not a matter within living memory anymore. So I think it's going to become easier to minimise the scale of the horror and the atrocities they committed.

I agree about cancel culture. What we, collectively, seem unable to do is accept that good people can do bad things. And bad people can do good things. But the good gets disregarded when a bad thing is done. It's such an intellectually stunted view of human beings. It's happening with all these old statues of people getting taken down - aren't we intelligent and mature enough as a species to understand and learn? There's a large and very vocal movement of people now in Western culture that embraces diversity in all things, except diversity of opinion apparently. Quite depressing. Anyway, we are breaking the Forum's rules so back to pianos!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
but ruining the career and life of artists simply because they (may) have been sympathetic to a political party and certainly didn’t know, let alone participate, in the monstrosities, is also very wrong IMO. Unfortunately it reminds me of the Cancel-culture of today 😕

An artist has the choice of aligning with people in power to get punished later or not aligning with people in power to get canceled and posthumously receive an award for it later. That has been the case through all of mankind's history even before world wars with mass murdering civilians were a thing.

That means we haven't really progressed beyond the court jester falling out of the king's favor and getting their head chopped off as a consequence.

Yamaha P-515
V
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
V
And again Pete gets a post of the week award.

Your good natured nonsense is so needed in this forum...

Last edited by vagfilm; 09/17/21 06:33 AM.
C
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
C
So, from product discontinuation (via nazis, of course) we got to cancel culture.

Maybe there's a connection somewhere -- with old statues of people being discontinued.

Probably in a moment this topic becomes discontinued by a moderator, so quickly write what you've got to add on the topic of nazis and cancel culture. 😉

(Or don't. I don't mean to encourage.)

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
When someone tries to cancel the cancel culture in times of cancel culture, “they” get canceled. Quite a mouthful, yeah!

C
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
C
And should we be open minded about close minded people?

That's a real Conandrum.

[Linked Image]

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
The Swedish Yamaha site seems updated. They have removed the 2 in SH2 and now just write SH after every product name.

And there is a picture of the new SH module. Good times ☺️

https://se.yamaha.com/sv/products/musical_instruments/pianos/silent_piano/sh/index.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission