2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
70 members (anotherscott, anamnesis, Beemer, alexii, belcanto2, Alan F, 20 invisible), 681 guests, and 356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
S
Your criticism is duly noted. I won't comment further because I need to go post some links to recordings of Brahms Lieder in the non-classical forum as a must listen for jazz pianists who accompany singers.

J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Never heard of the guy but boy he’s got some serious skills. Has he ever given any classical music performances?

R
R
Looking at his YouTube channel it appears he only does pop song covers.

Youtube piano recordings (classical music/video games/anime): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh9N3Xirs86USDQXE1WiwXg
Kawai Novus NV-10 / Yamaha Avantgrand N1 with Garritan CFX VST
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Originally Posted by Sweelinck
Your criticism is duly noted. I won't comment further because I need to go post some links to recordings of Brahms Lieder in the non-classical forum as a must listen for jazz pianists who accompany singers.

Is this necessary? No. Although there is certainly a non-classical forum, that does not prohibit non-classical music being posted here, just like you will find posts on the piano forum which are not related to musical instruments…. But rather the piece of music.

You might want to read this forum’s description. Classical is not mentioned

Last edited by dogperson; 10/25/21 04:53 AM.
B
B
I think the OP is a big Peter Bence and probably also Queen fan.
To me it seems he/she is still in his/ her puberty.
In this age people often take criticisms of their idols very very very (and one more VERY) personal and tend to get pissed very quick if someone dares to not share their opinion about the adored ones.

So let's not be too hard on him/her. This kind of childishness surely is a privilege of adolescence

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
I personally like this version much more:

I find that Peter Bence's tone is consistently too harsh in the video. Also the fast notes don't seem to make sense in context. There's not much development. Not much in the way of dynamics or phrasing.

I wonder whether others here like the Jarrod Radnich, though. Or is it just me fanboying haha.

C
C
Originally Posted by brennbaer
In this age people often take criticisms of their idols very very very (and one more VERY) personal and tend to get pissed very quick if someone dares to not share their opinion about the adored ones.

So let's not be too hard on him/her. This kind of childishness surely is a privilege of adolescence

To quote the great philosopher and pianist Charlie Brown: "Good grief." I'll say no more.

Online Content
Sarcasm when an apology to the OP was appropriate.

C
C
camperbc, your enthusiasm for Peter Bence is refreshing. To find or discover music, a musician or a performance that truly moves you is something very special. It's a great shame that the wheels have fallen off your post and your enthusiasm for this performance has been so unfortunately spoilt.

Having said all that pompous stuff, I must say the P Bence style doesn't really appeal to me. Taste in music is such a personal thing, and each of us has our own strong preferences and tastes.

There are a number of cover versions I quite like that I'll mention, and people can proceed to shoot me down. Keith Jarret's "Jasmine". Liszt covers of Schubert songs. If you only listen to one, listen to "Gute Nacht"

Another one I enjoyed when I came across it was | Anderson & Roe Piano Duo playing VIVA LA VIDA by COLDPLAY. See what you think.

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by CharlesXX
camperbc, your enthusiasm for Peter Bence is refreshing. To find or discover music, a musician or a performance that truly moves you is something very special. It's a great shame that the wheels have fallen off your post and your enthusiasm for this performance has been so unfortunately spoilt.
Completely agreed on this point. OP, never apologize for your music taste! Clearly, you find something of value in the playing here. Try to figure out what that is and branch out in your choice of music. You will gradually come to your own conclusions. It is somewhat subjective and personal at the end of the day, I know people who don't appreciate performances I consider amazing. The first time you discover an artist you love is something beautiful, cherish it.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
ranjit, I like that version of BR a lot!!! I feel like that's very true to the original and over the top in all the right ways.
What fun!

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
To quote the great philosopher and pianist Charlie Brown: "Good grief." I'll say no more.

I hate to be critical or sarcastic here, because I know it is so out of keeping with the ethos of the Piano World community, but actually I don't think Charlie Brown played the piano, he played baseball.

The pianist was that great fan of Beethoven, Schroeder.

Hopefully Schroeder will apologise for being a Beethoven fan on an inappropriate forum.

C
C
Originally Posted by slipperykeys

I hate to be critical or sarcastic here, because I know it is so out of keeping with the ethos of the Piano World community, but actually I don't think Charlie Brown played the piano, he played baseball.

The pianist was that great fan of Beethoven, Schroeder.

Hopefully Schroeder will apologise for being a Beethoven fan on an inappropriate forum.

OMG, I feel like such a goose. Thanks for pointing out my error, and in such a kind way. Yes, that Schroeder has a lot to answer for, but not here.

But not as big a goose as brenngaer in his condescending description of camperbc (Glen) who is in fact a retired boat builder from Fogo Island.

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Originally Posted by brennbaer

Wow! Your crystal ball is WAY out of batteries. He is a retired boat builder that knows what he likes—. And kudos to him!

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
S
S

smile I literally LOL'ed at that one, and touché! Turnabout is fair play, as they say... ha

S
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by dogperson

Is this necessary? No. Although there is certainly a non-classical forum, that does not prohibit non-classical music being posted here, just like you will find posts on the piano forum which are not related to musical instruments…. But rather the piece of music.

My sarcasm was not directed at the OP. I don't object to the posting to the forum. Saying it was a "must watch" and then saying that PW users are unfriendly for their response was what I was responding to. My apologies if the OP took offense.

I would challenge the notion that it rose to the level of berating the OP however.

Online Content
Originally Posted by dogperson

My sarcasm was not directed at the OP. I don't object to the posting to the forum. Saying it was a "must watch" and then saying that PW users are unfriendly for their response was what I was responding to. My apologies if the OP took offense.

I would challenge the notion that it rose to the level of berating the OP however.
The OP was the one saying it was a "must watch" and saying PW users were unfriendly in their response to the video he posted. So since, as you say, you were responding to that your sarcasm was directed at the OP.

And there is no question whether or not the OP took offense (and rightly so). IOW no "if" he took offense. Saying the video was a "must watch" is simply expressing his enthusiasm for the video. Finally, you didn't just inform him the post was better suited for the non classical forum as several other posters did. You added the nasty phrase "It should have been clear" which places blame on the OP.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 10/25/21 10:18 PM.
S
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
S
I see nothing wrong with posting the piece in question to this forum. My point was that if the OP wanted to find sympathetic folks to discuss a non-classical piece, and the need rises to the level of wanting to leave PW if the discussion did not go that way, the OP has used PW enough to have known that the non-classical forum was the best forum for that discussion to take place.

I'm struggling to find a constructive intent for anyone concerned by your insistence on using words like "berate" and "nasty". If that helps you feel like you are on the moral high ground, so be it.

Online Content
I'm struggling to find a constructive intent for anyone concerned by your insistence on using words like "berate" and "nasty". If that helps you feel like you are on the moral high ground, so be it.
Of course you're struggling because you don't seem to understand or admit that your post was inappropriate and nasty. Then you wrote a second sarcastic post clearly directed at the OP.

Several people told the OP his post would probably be better received on the non classical forum which is fine. You included the words "It should have been clear" and you said that even after the OP indicated he felt some people were unfriendly.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 10/26/21 07:41 AM.
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
What's so wrong about it should have been clear in a friendly tone? We should take into consideration the context.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Brendan, Kreisler 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha Disklavier Advice
by efeld23 - 05/21/22 04:13 PM
Playing freely with other Instruments
by alexii - 05/21/22 10:42 AM
Foreign Piano Store Visit
by Damien PG - 05/21/22 07:53 AM
Yamaha x-series from Hamamatsu
by Ek81 - 05/21/22 07:21 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,168
Posts3,193,409
Members105,334
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission