2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, 6 invisible), 1,897 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
RTKO Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I already have a traditional Jansen artist bench (manually operated scissor mechanism) as well as a pneumatic artist bench made by Jansen (came with my piano)

However, I want to replace the squeaking freebie bench that came with my digital hybrid piano and an artist style bench is too bulky

I spent the last day looking at old PW threads and it seems that people have been pleased with Hidrau Model and Andexinger, except Andexinger is 1/2 the price if ordered through Thomann

My only reservation about purchasing the Andexinger would be the weight threshold required to lower the bench, which is an unknown. Reviews and previous PW posts seem unanimous in their praise for build quality and stability.

There was a video posted a while back where a pianist was too light to make the pistons of the Hidrau Model bench descend

Anyone have direct experience with either of these benches? (or ideally, both)

D
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
D
I have had Hidrau and Andexinger. All I can say is I prefer the hidrau to any other bench I have ever sat on.

R
RTKO Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by dhull100
I have had Hidrau and Andexinger. All I can say is I prefer the hidrau to any other bench I have ever sat on.
Thanks for input!

What makes you prefer the Hidrau? Comfort? Build quality? Ease of operation?

D
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
D
Comfort, and by some margin. I have the larger and medium sizes. Prefer the medium size. There is something about how it aligns my back that I prefer to others. Could you try before buying?

P
pwl Offline
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
P
RTKO-

In your research did you happen to take a look at the video David B posted, reviewing his Hidrau?

https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...atic-piano-bench-review.html#Post3169786

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by RTKO
I already have a traditional Jansen artist bench (manually operated scissor mechanism) as well as a pneumatic artist bench made by Jansen (came with my piano)

However, I want to replace the squeaking freebie bench that came with my digital hybrid piano and an artist style bench is too bulky

I spent the last day looking at old PW threads and it seems that people have been pleased with Hidrau Model and Andexinger, except Andexinger is 1/2 the price if ordered through Thomann

My only reservation about purchasing the Andexinger would be the weight threshold required to lower the bench, which is an unknown. Reviews and previous PW posts seem unanimous in their praise for build quality and stability.

There was a video posted a while back where a pianist was too light to make the pistons of the Hidrau Model bench descend

Anyone have direct experience with either of these benches? (or ideally, both)
I've practiced and performed on both the Andexinger and Hidrau. I think they equal with respect to durability, sturdiness, silent operation. That said, the seating surface is different. The Hidrau has smooth, soft leather covering and definitely feels more cushioned than the Andexinger. I believe the Hidrau padding is not just softer but somewhat thicker though I never measured it.

Andrew Kraus, Pianist
Educated Amateur Tuner/Technician
I Make Music that Lifts People Up & Brings Them Together
Rockville, MD USA
www.AndrewKraus.com
www.YouTube.com/RockvillePianoGuy
Twitter at @IAmAPianist

1929 Steinert 6'10" (Close copy of New York S&S "B")
R
RTKO Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank you DHull and Seeker!

Unfortunately, there is not a local sample I can try out, so I appreciate the insight

PWL - that's a nicely done review. Also confirms my preference for a leather top.

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission