2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
39 members (Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, 10 invisible), 1,155 guests, and 318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
OP Offline
A
UPDATE!!!

My piano is being shipped and will arrive at the store tomorrow!!!

Finally!

I've to wait till July 2022 for my Ca49!!

Last edited by TessB; 05/14/21 06:00 AM.
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
You’ve to wait for too long, you’ve!

Just received a call from the good folks at Sweetwater; my VPC1 has arrived! cool

So, the estimate they gave me a month ago of "late May or early June" turned out to be accurate.

The weather here in Fort Wayne is pretty crummy right now, so I'll drive out there tomorrow to pick it up. Woohoo!

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel; a free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain." -- Morgan Freeman's character, "Red", in The Shawshank Redemption
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
@SeaDrive: Don't forget to post your purchase details in the Prices Paid thread.

3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by SeaDrive
Just received a call from the good folks at Sweetwater; my VPC1 has arrived! cool

So, the estimate they gave me a month ago of "late May or early June" turned out to be accurate.

The weather here in Fort Wayne is pretty crummy right now, so I'll drive out there tomorrow to pick it up. Woohoo!

Congratulations SeaDrive! Finally! How long was your wait?

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
Originally Posted by Animisha
Congratulations SeaDrive! Finally! How long was your wait?

All in all, a little over three months. Feels like it was a lot longer than that, though...

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel; a free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain." -- Morgan Freeman's character, "Red", in The Shawshank Redemption
Originally Posted by TessB
I've to wait till July 2022 for my Ca49!!

I've changed my mind, I'm buying a CA79 and should (hopefully) only have a few weeks' wait.

D
D
Lucky you. I got a call from Sweetwater Saturday and the P515 I ordered in April is not expected for another 3 weeks. However at least they will honor the original price quoted so it isn't all bad.

3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TessB
I've changed my mind, I'm buying a CA79 and should (hopefully) only have a few weeks' wait.

Great Tess! And now you'll get such a good piano. Congratulations!

Sometimes a bit of a wait is actually a very good thing. The piano shop was closed when my DP broke down, which gave me enough time to decide I would buy a VPC1 instead of repairing my DP. During the wait for the VPC1 I changed the choice of stand to one that was 50 euros cheaper and works just as well. cool

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
P
pwl Offline
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
P
Kawai availability may be loosening up? SeaDrive just received a VPC1 that was on order for several months and . . . Guitar Center has just now charged my credit card for the ES920 I ordered in December - which I interpret to mean it's on the way to my local store for pickup this week.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Let's find the longest promised delivery period? Has anyone been promised a CA49 (or any other instrument) to be delivered, say after 10 years? 20 years anyone?

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
The wait was definitely a good thing for me, I became frustrated at the delay, rearranged the furniture in my tiny home so I could have the required extra 2cm for a bigger DP and I'm happy to be getting a quality piano which I believe will exceed all my needs in the coming years.
My children are also learning to play and one of them has definitely got a talent for piano, although isn't overly fond of practice. This will get the two of them through their grades.
I'm happy 😊

Well I was promised a CLP-785B for december 2020. Try to beat that folks ! I almost got it at the beginning of the month. But there was a mismatch and they got CLP-785PEs instead of the Bs and they wouldn't price match. Well, apparently the Bs are comming before the end of the year. Let's hope.

P-515
CLP-785
H
H
I was fortunate to get the last of my piano model in stock in February. However, I'm still waiting on the bench (obviously I have found another in that time, but I'm still owed that one eventually).

I'm really happy that you're finally going to receive it. Waiting is not easy at all, especially when you're waiting for something like this. I'm always using packages24.com when I'm ordering something from another country or continent because I'm too excited to get it and I have to constantly check where's the location of it. And it's very helpful to see if there's an issue with the package. For example, I had to wait for weeks for a package because the delivery company had encountered some issues at customs. I've managed to see this and I've instantly called them

E
E
Kawai NV10 ordered End of February..... To arrive "May, at the latest!" 🤣 Pushed back to June, almost immediately Pushed back to July. ...First of August I'm told that I'm lucky, in a way, for the delay: because now I'll be getting the brand new model instead, the NV10-S (minor tweaks and changes!) in October.... October came and went.... "It will be picked up from Kawai import Co. in this country and brought to me [by my piano dealer] in mid-December..." .... It's mid December 🤣🤣🤣 Even if I get the call before Xmas... I would have to apply for a new loan and would not have the monies for a few weeks (new year). I had the financing all sorted in April; only LUCKILY, I never drew the loan down into my bank balance.... if I had transacted the loan back then (April)... I'd have made so many interest/repayments by now I couldn't afford the piano anymore 🤣🤣🤣.... Looks like I'll be very lucky to get it under 12 months at this stage...

Don't die with all your music still in you!
W
W
I do not know the local laws, but in Italy this behaviour would constitute a major breach of the contract, giving cause for:

1) immediate resolution of the contract for cause

2) entitlements of a damage reimbursement

I would ask to the dealer to

1) give a conspicuous rebate on the initial agreed price

2) stipulate a new contract with weekly penalty to be payed in case of further delay.

I feel your pain. My CLP-785B that I ordered early december 2020 is still MIA.
The local shop has stopped their bullshit reasons and they are just telling me to be patient. At least I got a small rebate of 150$. It is something at least. Currently scheduled to "maybe" get it in january. But with Omicron variant, I'm not holding my breath.

P-515
CLP-785
E
E
Originally Posted by WTF Bach
I do not know the local laws, but in Italy this behaviour would constitute a major breach of the contract, giving cause for:

1) immediate resolution of the contract for cause

2) entitlements of a damage reimbursement

I would ask to the dealer to

1) give a conspicuous rebate on the initial agreed price

2) stipulate a new contract with weekly penalty to be payed in case of further delay.

Don't panic. Haha. Just to be clear. No contract has taken place..😅 No money changed hands. I have a history with my dealer and they will accept payment in full when they have received delivery and are bringing it to me. I paid No deposit. I do know they have placed the orders and are waiting for manufacture and import. The financing mentioned was a personal bank loan.

Don't die with all your music still in you!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission