2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
91 members (Animisha, AJB, 36251, andy0140, anamnesis, Andy Marx, 80k, Adagiette, 20 invisible), 2,916 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
OP Offline
N
So after waiting anxiously for six months, my new Kawai GX2 finally arrived today!

I bought this piano sight unseen/unheard, despite the countless advice offered in this forum. But due to the limited choices available where i live, i decided to risk it anyway and hope for the best.

Today, i received a call that the piano is finally ready to be shipped to my home, and that the company will be sending 12 men to move the piano inside the house! I was shocked that such a seemingly simple task would require that many men but it turned out that moving the piano to the destined room was a logistical nightmare!

The problem only became apparent when the workers were lifting the piano and entered the narrow corridor connecting the piano room to the rest of the house, that is when they realised that they have gotten stuck in the corridor with seemingly no way of actually pushing the piano further into the room!

It was a chaotic scene, with 12 men all shouting and screaming all sorts of possible ways to solve this dilemma, they kept trying different ideas such as tilting the piano, lifting it, or rotating it but to no avail! things got so intense that i was actually worried about their safety, since some men were crawling into really tight areas trying to push or lift the piano.

I kept worrying about their safety, since any mistake could cause a 320 Kg piano to fall on some poor guy's back! but they didn't seem to share my concern, especially their foreman, who kept shouting at them not to scratch or injure the piano!, while i wish that the foreman was a bit more empathetic to his fellow coworkers , it was kinda reassuring that they cared that much about the piano grin

So finally after about an hour, they managed to slide the piano into the room by removing the woods that supported the piano and lifting it on their back at an angle. and the delivery was complete!

I then played the piano for the first time. The tone was incredibly beautiful, sweet and mellow and somehow intune despite having travelled across the globe for the past 40 days. It actually sounded better than all pianos i've played even though it's yet to be serviced by a technician!

The action and the feel of the keys is incredibly satisfying, a bit heavy but its how i like it, since to me it makes it much easier to control dynamic levels and to play pp all the way to triple forte.

The volume does not overwhelm the room at all, it's almost exactly what i want to hear when i play the piano, a lush and rich sound coming from the instrument. and i don't think i need to mention how beautiful the piano is.

Now to the negative side of this story, while the volume of the piano is not loud. it is an acoustic piano afterall, and the sound does seem to permeate through the entire house.
Its honestly difficult to explain. the volume is quite comfortable to the player but even in the second storey of the house (the piano is located in the ground level) you can hear the piano in the background.

So in order not to drive anyone in my house crazy, i think i will keep my playing on the grand quite limited, and only play it when it won't bother anyone else.

All in all, it's a great piano , i just wish i have a whole house to myself to take it with me grin

Last edited by NightShade; 12/16/21 03:48 PM.
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Goodness Nightshade
What a delivery story! I’m glad it finally worked out for you and I’m so glad the Piano is a god choice😊
Happy playing!

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
Ubu Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Congratulations for your piano.

And there are some solutions to sound proof your piano room from the rest of the house. It is not 100% effective, but quite enough to allow you playing without so much noise going into other rooms.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Wow I’m happy they managed to get it into place without having to remove a wall or something 😁

Nice that your happy with the sound and yes and acoustic piano will resonated in the walls and to every room. I’m looking at the GX-2 also but will buy it with the ATX4 silent system if I decide for it. It depends on how much noise the hammers make while in silent mode.

Do you have some pictures you can post? ☺️

J
J
Originally Posted by Boboulus
Nice that your happy with the sound and yes and acoustic piano will resonated in the walls and to every room. I’m looking at the GX-2 also but will buy it with the ATX4 silent system if I decide for it. It depends on how much noise the hammers make while in silent mode.

current dream piano right there lol. within 10 years need to find room for it so I can do the ultimate upgrade laugh

Yamaha YUS5 TA2 // NI Noire // started Oct 2020 // working on RCM Level 3 (21%)
H
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
H
Congratulations on your new Kawai GX-2!

What a story!

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Nightshade,
Congratulations on the safe installation of your beautiful, new Kawai GX-2 grand piano. I advise you to play it to enjoy and not be constrained by who may be listening to you or who you think you may be disturbing. It is wonderful to hear a piano being played even for passers-by in the street. If only more people played the piano I believe the world would be a better place.
I wish you years of enjoyment and pleasure with your new piano.

Robert.

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
PTG search is unavailable?
by ebonyk - 06/27/22 10:13 AM
Circle of fifths/ circle of fourths
by Wayne2467 - 06/27/22 10:05 AM
20 min. piano piece for competition
by lilys7 - 06/27/22 09:58 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,690
Posts3,203,622
Members105,655
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission