2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Cheeto717, 12 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
M
Hi,

I make my living as a software developer and it has come to my attention that Pianoteq now exposes an API that can be used for controlling remotely. For fun I have started building an iOS and Android app with some basic functionality. Would this be of any interest to any of you ?

I'll probably just do basic functionality - browsing and selecting presets and adjusting parameters with a basic out of the box UI. This is where I'm currently at:

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Cheers
Morten

M
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
M
Switching presets from the app now works. This could be a pretty handy utility for anyone running a headless machine for Pianoteq.

[Linked Image]

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Did you already see sordes' web MIDI-based front end?

http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/3186164/pianoteq-web-front-end.html#Post3186164

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
M
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
M
I did indeed - lovely piece of work. My thing is native apps though so that's what I'm doing. I'll probably try and finish this when I have a bit of free time and publish it as a free app and see if anyone find it useful.

Cheers

D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Morten Olsson
I did indeed - lovely piece of work. My thing is native apps though so that's what I'm doing. I'll probably try and finish this when I have a bit of free time and publish it as a free app and see if anyone find it useful.

Cheers

I think many people will. In fact I may too (not at the moment since I have no digital piano currently), but only if this is web or Android (don't have any iOS device myself).
Since you do this as a professional, let me add that if it is well done, I would happily pay the usual "small amount" price for the app, or perhaps better for "premium" functionalities. Just sayin' maybe too small/niche of an audience to justify.

Note that there are already two (or three, I don't remember) people writing something similar. Find them on the Modartt forum, searching for JSON, if you don't know them already. You might be one of them :-) I've lost track

+1

P85>Kawai CA97>Numa X GT>FP90x>LX706
Pianoteq 8 Pro
http://youtube.com/DavidIzquierdoAzzouz
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Morten Olsson
Hi,

I make my living as a software developer and it has come to my attention that Pianoteq now exposes an API that can be used for controlling remotely. For fun I have started building an iOS and Android app with some basic functionality. Would this be of any interest to any of you ?

I'll probably just do basic functionality - browsing and selecting presets and adjusting parameters with a basic out of the box UI. This is where I'm currently at:

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Cheers
Morten

Great work!

The only time I'd consider buying Pianoteq is when they develop a native iOS app that I can install on my iPad or iPhone. Given that I would never install a 3rd party app on my iPad to control Pianoteq on my Macbook... the point is to do things quickly and conveniently and this is not the way to do it.

Modartt is dumb, they know this and they still can't release the iOS version.

Last edited by Abdol; 01/25/22 11:44 AM.
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Maybe of topic but I believe that Adsilent uses some kind of pianiteq app since it looks like it as they are officially partnered with Petrof for the silent system and Petrof has a great partnership with pianoteq from what I have gathered. But Adsilent has an app I think for controlling. Maybe worth checking. This I nothing I’m certain of but I’m assuming 😁

At 2:13 you see the pianoteq interface

H
hes Offline
H
Originally Posted by Boboulus
Maybe of topic but I believe that Adsilent uses some kind of pianiteq app since it looks like it as they are officially partnered with Petrof for the silent system and Petrof has a great partnership with pianoteq from what I have gathered. But Adsilent has an app I think for controlling. Maybe worth checking. This I nothing I’m certain of but I’m assuming 😁

It looks like they're just sending midi from their phone app to be recorded in a regular instance of Pianoteq. Nothing special. Basically, instead of sending midi to be recorded in Pianoteq from a keyboard that you're playing, you have an app send the midi to Pianoteq. I can do this from any of the midi apps on my iPad.

Last edited by hes; 01/25/22 02:07 PM.
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by hes

It looks like they're just sending midi from their phone app to be recorded in a regular instance of Pianoteq. Nothing special. Basically, instead of sending midi to be recorded in Pianoteq from a keyboard that you're playing, you have an app send the midi to Pianoteq. I can do this from any of the midi apps on my iPad.

Sorry I don’t understand what you mean exactly. Maybe I'm not getting it but what I thought was interesting was if the built in audio engine of the Adsilent-system was pianoteq. And if the Adsilent-app is controlling it?

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Ok now I understand what you mean and I agree that this is just a midi demonstration.

But like I said I wasn’t so sure about this but still weird to promote pianoteq in this video. It make me think that it would be paint if the sound engine. 😄

M
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
M
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll just release this for free when I find the time to finish the basics - I doubt that the size of the market would make it worth my time to try to monetize it. I'll probably just release the iOS version at first - and then do Android later if it seems that people actually want it. I develop apps in Flutter so an Android version isn't extra work as such - beside all of the faff of actually publishing on Google Play which is absolutely hatefully annoying :-)

Cheers

H
hes Offline
H
But like I said I wasn’t so sure about this but still weird to promote pianoteq in this video. It make me think that it would be paint if the sound engine. 😄
As I think you realize, they're just sending midi to the PC running Pianoteq. Although I do think I was wrong about something; it's actually midi sent from the Adsilent box itself, the phone app just gives remote interface to the Adsilent box. I think they may have shown Pianoteq because they're talking about using the USB out on the Adsilent box to "record" your playing on a PC, and Pianoteq has recording built in as a prominent feature (not sure which other VSTs do, probably not as appealing to show it recording to a DAW on a PC).

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by hes
As I think you realize, they're just sending midi to the PC running Pianoteq. Although I do think I was wrong about something; it's actually midi sent from the Adsilent box itself, the phone app just gives remote interface to the Adsilent box. I think they may have shown Pianoteq because they're talking about using the USB out on the Adsilent box to "record" your playing on a PC, and Pianoteq has recording built in as a prominent feature (not sure which other VSTs do, probably not as appealing to show it recording to a DAW on a PC).

Yes i get it. It was at my first glanced i thought that pianoteq was working with adsilent but this video doesn’t imply that.

Have a good day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission