2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
37 members (Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, 4 invisible), 1,329 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 175 of 191 1 2 173 174 175 176 177 190 191
S
S
So I'm happy to know that only my unit is affected, I guess I'll need to contact a technician again.

Originally Posted by RickM
Just curious, if you strike the 2 keys in unison, such as C#-D, and release the C# shortly after, the C# keeps ringing until you release the D?

Yep, exactly. It does it both ways hit then release D and C# rings, or release C# and D rings. This is easily observed while keeping C# slowly pressed down without making a sound and hearing that the D note is undampened until I release the C#.

Last edited by simlt; 03/23/22 02:53 PM.
R
R
Maybe a bad or misaligned sensor? I know the keyboard has 3 sensors, but to be honest I have no idea where they are placed or what they sense! Please let us know what they do to fix it.

Kawai CA79 (Nov 2020), Kawai ES920 (Aug 2021), Roland ep-7IIe (1993)
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Originally Posted by simlt
So I'm happy to know that only my unit is affected, I guess I'll need to contact a technician again.

Originally Posted by RickM
Just curious, if you strike the 2 keys in unison, such as C#-D, and release the C# shortly after, the C# keeps ringing until you release the D?

Yep, exactly. It does it both ways hit then release D and C# rings, or release C# and D rings. This is easily observed while keeping C# slowly pressed down without making a sound and hearing that the D note is undampened until I release the C#.

That's rather strange. It may be a keyboard multiplexing issue, and if so could indicate a hardware problem. I recommend that you contact your dealer to have the issue investigated.

Just to clarify one point: may I ask how long you have owned the CA79, and when you started noticing this issue.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
S
S
Originally Posted by Kawai James
That's rather strange. It may be a keyboard multiplexing issue, and if so could indicate a hardware problem. I recommend that you contact your dealer to have the issue investigated.

Just to clarify one point: may I ask how long you have owned the CA79, and when you started noticing this issue.

Thank you for your interest! Yep a multiplexing issue is possible, the 4 semitone periodicity (power of 2) is really suspicious.
So I have owned the unit since July 2021 and I noticed this around September or October, but I'm not sure if I just didn't notice this before. Maybe the technician may have done something which has caused the issue to appear?

Last edited by simlt; 03/24/22 04:05 PM.
Online Content
Originally Posted by simlt
I have owned the unit since July 2021 and I noticed this around September or October, but I'm not sure if I just didn't notice this before.

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

If you first noticed this issue last September/October, I'm a little surprised you didn't seek assistance from the dealer a little sooner.

But regardless, this should definitely be reported to and investiaged by the dealer.

Hopefully a resolution can be found easily.

Kind regards,
James
x

N
N
For those who run into ground loop hum issue, a cheaper alternative is to use this isolator instead of purchasing a more expensive midi cable. I can confirm it works for me.

BESIGN Ground Loop Noise Isolator for Car Audio/Home Stereo System with 3.5mm Audio Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XQYN77L/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_AMH58RYEZ6PAJKTG3ECY

C
C
Hi folks— I'm selling a CA99. I've had it for 2 years and have loved it!! Unfortunately, I have to let it go, as I'm pursuing a "digital nomad" lifestyle. I paid for an ad on this site 11 days ago, but due to a backlog it is not up yet and I am running out of time. In the meantime, anyone interested can find a listing here:
https://www.pianomart.com/buy-a-piano/view?id=48699

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Hani
Hey thankyou for all that information,

I started piano 1 year ago, ........

You mean you just started playing piano 1 year ago ?

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
C
C
Kawai increased the price of the CA99 from $6,899 MSRP to $7,899 MSRP, and $5,599 retail to $6,299 retail — yikes!

The CA79 is now $5,899 MSRP with no retail price listed. Not sure what it was before.

My like-new CA99 with original box/crate plus headphones is now listed at $3,395 which just became a much better deal, and it's available immediately whereas new ones are mostly on backorder. (Scroll 2 posts above this one for the ad.)

P
P
Wondering if any new Ca79 owners would be willing to share how long they've been waiting to take delivery from order time? Forgive me for posting here, I know there is a delayed shipping thread as well but it has not been particularly active.

I've now been waiting close to a year for mine.. I've called around to other dealers within a couple of hours drive from me and it sounds like stock does occasionally arrive, but it's been sort of random in model and color. I've been following all the news of shipping delays, container shortages, chip shortages etc. But it does seem there has been a trickle of deliveries worldwide nonetheless... Not sure if it's at a complete standstill. My dealer is totally in the dark and has no idea where my order is in the backlog....though sort of understandable given the current global conditions, it does seem that it could easily be another year or something. In which case it almost seems like I should just grab stock of whatever comes in at a nearby dealer. *shrug*

Last edited by pianamissa; 04/09/22 05:14 AM.
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Keep in mind that dealers don’t always ‘tell it like it is’.

I’m not saying this is your case necessarily, but some dealers will give you the run-around, “it’s still stuck in the canal,” when in reality they might’ve gotten several units and sold them for more money; especially now with this so-called inflation, and Kawai’s huge price increase. So yes, pianos go to the highest bidder, and not necessarily to those who locked-in a lower price a year ago.

It just seems a bit much, a year; and now the prospect of yet another year?

My recommendation, look around, and only place an order if the dealer can guarantee a delivery window of no-more than a month; if they give you the “we don’t know when it’ll get here,” don’t buy; it’s as simple as that.

Keep in mind that there are very competent “place-holders,” out there (like the P-515, for example), and who knows, you might end up liking the place-holder so much, that waiting for the next CA upgrade (CA89) might make all the sense in the world.

S
S
Originally Posted by pianamissa
Wondering if any new Ca79 owners would be willing to share how long they've been waiting to take delivery from order time?

Less than a day.
(I ordered on the afternoon of 3rd of January and took possession of the shipment midmorning on 4th of January.)

That said, I ordered at an online retailer (Musikhaus Kirstein GmbH) that had them explicitly in stock and paid extra for express delivery. And this was on a completely different continent compared to you. In short, your mileage may vary wildly.

edit: Also, they don't even list the CA79 on their shop anymore. Just the CA49 in stock and CA99 with date unknown.
The 'usual suspect' search engine lists exactly one shop with the white CA79 model in stock in all of Germany at almost 10% higher price than what I paid. Basically, I ordered just as the market availability was dropping to zero here.

Last edited by steamrick; 04/09/22 10:11 AM.

Kawai CA79
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by steamrick
Originally Posted by pianamissa
Wondering if any new Ca79 owners would be willing to share how long they've been waiting to take delivery from order time?

Less than a day….

In short, your mileage may vary wildly.

I understand how ‘mileage may vary’, but we’re talking “less than a day,” vs. ‘one year and counting’ into a second……..year!

Yes, you live ‘in a different continent,’ but not in a different planet, so there’s something else going on here; I wonder if them shippers know about the Panama Canal? You know, it was built to cut shipping times in half (or more).

P.S.

Yes, I understand that “all roads lead to Rome” doesn’t mean we’ll all get there at the same time, but “less than a day,” vs. ‘one year and counting’ makes me wonder: just what “road” did them people take to Rome?

S
S
I suppose that the main difference is in the basic approach.

In pianamissa's shoes I'd definitely take the opportunity if a local dealer gets stock and cancel the outstanding order.

In my case I ordered from the other side of the country because no one local had what I wanted. Of course, if I were to experience problems with the piano that requires dealer intervention (or similar), that'd suck for me.

Kawai CA79
P
P
Yes... This is my fear. A dealer 2 hours away has received stock since I've ordered and it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense that a unit would get shipped to that store (with no order attached to a customer) while a nearby customer continues to wait. Unsure of exactly what happened...

P
P
Did you get them to deliver across Germany or did you pick it up? That's awesome that you found one in stock!

S
S
Delivery across Germany. Done by forwarding agency, if that's the right translation (Google says it is...).

Germany isn't all that big (by North American standards), so overnight shipping from their location close to Munich to my location close to Cologne is entirely doable. It'd be 5-6 hours by car (one way) and I'm not sure my car would even fit the box so I'd have to rent a bigger vehicle. Way more expensive and bothersome than having it shipped.

There were a couple places that had stock early January, which disappeared by February and doesn't seem to have come back.

Kawai CA79
K
K
pianamissa -- In my case, I had ordered my CA79 in November 2021 from a local store and just picked it up this past week, although I believe they'd had them for a month or so. They had forgotten that I asked to be called if they got ANY CA79s in, and even CA59s, not just the Satin Black CA79 that I officially ordered. I think they were embarrassed about forgetting this, and said they'd only had the pianos for a few weeks. So who knows exactly when they came in. Not terribly long, I don't think, since they still had them in stock. When I ordered, there were already 4-6 people on the waiting list for these models. It's only because I called last week and discovered that they had two remaining CA79s (a Rosewood and an Ebony Polish) that I lucked into getting one! Another lucky break for me is that this store refuses to ship across the country and wants to only service their local area (they said they'd been getting calls from people all across the US).

The pianos they had in stock are those they had ordered before Kawai announced the temporary halt to production for some models (CA79 and CA59 included). In November, they said they'd been told by Kawai that there may be some pianos earmarked for them on a barge somewhere, and that it was a waiting game and the distribution center in CA would eventually let them know. This store regularly orders batches of the popular digital pianos and doesn't wait until a customer orders one. And if they didn't get any from this last shipment, then they would have to wait until after production resumed in late 2022, since the only pianos available until then were "already on the water."

I'm so glad I called my store to check up on my order, because otherwise it would probably have been another six months' wait at least, and I would have had to pay the new higher prices! Since my piano was ordered and shipped last year, I paid the 2021 price.

Not sure if any of this helps with your timing question, but I thought I'd add my experience.

Last edited by kalli; 04/11/22 12:08 PM.

returning adult student
Kawai CA 79
P
P
Thanks kalli, that is very helpful. It seems that being persistent with the dealer in your case really paid off! Dealers around me have a similar policy about not selling outside their region. I called one place only a couple of hours away from me and they were not really willing to talk to me since there was a closer dealer. In retrospect, I should have driven there to walk into the store and bought an in stock model months ago.

I don't really understand why kawai didn't prioritize my order over some of the later purchases made on here. My only guess is that the Canadian market is small and they haven't bothered to send many units out to Canada, or the port at Vancouver is swamped and mine has been stuck there indefinitely.

Still doesn't explain why nearby dealers in the province have been getting some in from time to time. Logistically speaking my location is the same as those with respect to transport from Vancouver. Guess it's just bad luck. At this point I'm fairly sure that I won't be getting mine until the fall (if that) at the earliest, which is when current orders placed now are being promised by dealers a few hours away.

Online Content
pianamissa, have you tried raising this topic with Kawai America directly?

Kind regards,
James
x

Page 175 of 191 1 2 173 174 175 176 177 190 191

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission