2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
64 members (accordeur, Carey, 36251, BMKE, 5stringbanjo, AndrewJCW, 19 invisible), 970 guests, and 329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Salina

If CA59 is within your max budget and it serves what you need for now. Isn’t about popularity. I will always recommend getting the best you can afford. Key is that it has a good weighted keys.

S
S
Originally Posted by Pianoperformance8
Salina

If CA59 is within your max budget and it serves what you need for now. Isn’t about popularity. I will always recommend getting the best you can afford. Key is that it has a good weighted keys.

Thanks! Yeah I definitely love the piano and thought it was really good value. The keys really feel wonderful, especially compared to the Korg.

A
A
I've had a Korg PA1000 on order since November, 2021. The previous date was supposed to have been March. I just spoke today to the dealer again today and they say that Korg are now giving them an estimated delivery in November this year. The main problem seems to be IC chip shortage, plus shipping issues.

M
M
On my side I (finally!) ordered an NV5S, and the dealer told me it should arrive in about 3 months, perhaps even less. Sooo let's see if he's over-optimistic about the shortage situation 😅.

I post piano stuff on my instagram page --> https://www.instagram.com/marchelune smile
I own an old Roland FP-4, looking for a hybrid piano to upgrade to!

Current work: Chopin, Ballade no 1
S
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
S
The nice thing about waiting for a while - or much longer than expected ------ is the nice experience of needing to wait. If everything were available instantly or near instantly all the time, or we could achieve/acquire everything pretty much instantly (or really quickly) all the time, then that could be a bit 'dull'. The anticipation that it will eventually get here .... or get there ... is kind of nice.

S
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
S
That's for items not associated with medicine, health, life-saving, well-being products, etc that is. And not including pianos required for teaching/occupation.

S
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by InspiredByKawai
When my dealer asked Kawai for clarification as to why I'll now be waiting 5-7 weeks longer on it they responded with a vague excuse saying "when we give an estimated delivery date it is not confirmed" essentially they have no idea why I have to wait 5-7 weeks more. Not even got the piano yet and already I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth with this company, maybe I'll need to change my username?

A year or so late on this one. I think it's like this for all the brands at the moment. There really is some shortage of components, plus maybe even the affect of covid. When I was at a local music shop, they had particular yamaha digital pianos on backlog/backorder. They indicated that they put my name on a waiting list ----- which was when I asked them if they had a particular model, and they said that they have one in the warehouse but it's already been reserved ----- and indeed they did have one that was snapped up already by a school. And - at first - when they said that they would put my name on a waiting list - mentioning that they would give me a call when they get stock again, but without explaining anything else, and not calling yamaha to order one for me ------ or running through all the 'usual' procedures expected of an order placement ------ I myself started to wonder something like 'what sort of service is this?'.

It just so-happened that another store (on the same day) actually happened to have what I was looking for - in stock. But, I soon learned, after purchasing my digital piano from that other store, that there indeed was a shortage - pretty much everywhere. The people at both stores are actually good people, and do care about customers. It just turns out that they truly don't even know for themselves when the new stock will actually arrive. The manufacturers didn't even have any or much of a clue exactly when everything would start rolling properly again.

J
J
Originally Posted by Marchelune
On my side I (finally!) ordered an NV5S, and the dealer told me it should arrive in about 3 months, perhaps even less. Sooo let's see if he's over-optimistic about the shortage situation 😅.

lol good luck crazy

Yamaha YUS5 TA2 // NI Noire // started Oct 2020 // working on RCM Level 3 (47%)
R
R
I just received a Kawai CA99 that I ordered in mid-January. The dealer estimated 12 weeks when I placed the order, and it arrived in 13. When the dealer called, I mentioned I'd expected a much longer wait. He said piano arrivals have been sporadic. They order a block of pianos before customers have ordered them, and the pianos arrive when they arrive. They'll usually get a shipment of the same finish. Although my rosewood finish case arrived quickly, he had customers who'd been waiting six months for a satin black piano.

Great piano, no troubles with it so far. I'm on the US west coast.

Robert

L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by PianoGirl30
**Update** My piano has been in the Melbourne warehouse since Monday. Unfortunately missed the truck today and won’t be arriving until after Easter.

I feel for the poor dealer, he was very sad when he called today, tried everything to get it to me before Easter, but just couldn’t make it happen.

I’ve waited this long, what’s another week, 😝

When I finally get it next week,I will post a pic 😊

Any news on your piano? New piano day is always a day to celebrate.

J
J
I had the misfortune with yamaha aswell. I financed with a trade a cvp809gp last September and it finally arrived to my local yamaha dealer. I was told over the seven month waiting game it was a general production delay, chip shortages, then international shipping backup yadda yadda. I find it unfathomable that people went bizzurk buying them all up at $17000.00 a pop during the pandemic. Leaving dealers empty handed? But it is what it is. Insult to injuring here. YES. See' it now sits for weeks and one hour's drive away waiting to be delivered to my house and them to pickup of the cvp709gp I traded in. This delay is due to the shortage of delivery persons that don't want to work. Plus I just made its first payment. No doubt The finance banker is working........ I feel your pain.

P
P
Sorry I haven’t posted sooner. My beautiful piano arrived on 20 April - 9 months after i ordered it. Definitely worth the wait laugh. I would post a pic but don’t know how to!! smile

"Sometimes, music is the only medicine the heart and soul need" Tiny Buddha
L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by PianoGirl30
Sorry I haven’t posted sooner. My beautiful piano arrived on 20 April - 9 months after i ordered it. Definitely worth the wait laugh. I would post a pic but don’t know how to!! smile

Oh, wow, oh wow, congratulations! There are ways to host pictures on PianoWorld but I post pictures to Imgur:

https://imgur.io

uploading them using an app on my iPhone, and then, here is the trick, hold my finger on them and “Copy Post Link” to post them as images here, inline in the conversation. You want to use the full editor on here and tap the image icon.

What are your impressions of the piano?

Last edited by LarryK; 05/08/22 06:20 AM.
D
D
I'm in my sixth month. Fortunately, I am good at anticipation.
http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/3177570/re-my-yama-nu1x-review.html

And I’m listening to Neil Archer playing the instrument:

Old: a dusted Roland D5 synth. Upcoming: Yamaha NU1X digipi.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How old do you think this piano is? (from hammer felt wear)
by 88Key_PianoPlayer - 08/10/22 09:20 PM
what might exist (a keyboard view)?
by keystring - 08/10/22 05:49 PM
Petrof with pianodisc
by AndreaH - 08/10/22 03:46 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics214,335
Posts3,215,354
Members106,056
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission