2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
77 members (AndreaH, Animisha, 36251, accordeur, Auror, BMKE, boo1234, Anevsky, anotherscott, 14 invisible), 4,314 guests, and 269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by mwf
Thanks for all responses, still don't understand the portable power pack option and basically why I'd spend money on one when i have electricity mains supply all over my house.

I thought you want to use it for performing in events and venues.

Any USB 2.0 compatible power adapter should work.

Just use your cellphone's (or anything similar, you can read the back label, it says 5v XXamp). Make sure it's more than 500mA

Kawai MP7SE, Yamaha MOTF XF6, Yamaha WX5, Yamaha Pacifica 112v
E
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by mwf
I've also tried my USB power adaptor mains plug direct into my ur22 steinberg and it doesn't work, I've tried putting a lead from laptop also into this micro usb socket 5V on ur22 and that doesn't power it either, nothing does! Ony the main usb printer type socket works maybe faulty ur22 I have.

UR22 or AG03? If the former, what happens when you connect the latter?

What "USB power adaptor mains plug"? The cable of the wallwart, connected to the computer's USB port or the wallwart connected to mains?

Last edited by EVC2017; 04/13/22 05:18 AM.

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
M
mwf Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
If i connect usb printer socket it works fine, usb led lights up saying its powered, anything I try connecting to micro usb socket does nothing... Weird.

M
mwf Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
Anyway I've just tried a usb micro usb lead into ag03, which I received today and it works, so looks like the ur22 is faulty.

So i only really have 1 concern left, and that's which port/device will power the ag03 when both usb sockets are filled, micro usb will be mains powered via plug and printer usb will be connected same time via lead to iPhone 11, which power source will it decide to use, if it uses the iPhone to power it rather than micro usb then this whole thing has been a waste of time lol.

E
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
E
mwf, I thought you already had the AG03 from my understanding of your OP.

Originally Posted by mwf
Anyway I've just tried a usb micro usb lead into ag03, which I received today and it works, so looks like the ur22 is faulty.

So i only really have 1 concern left, and that's which port/device will power the ag03 when both usb sockets are filled, micro usb will be mains powered via plug and printer usb will be connected same time via lead to iPhone 11, which power source will it decide to use, if it uses the iPhone to power it rather than micro usb then this whole thing has been a waste of time lol.

You must provide more details for us to be able to help you. My long distance mind reading capacity expired so I am having dificulty to figure out some of your posts.

How did you power the AG03 through micro USB? A PC? A wall-wart? Your iPhone? Another thing?

Is the iPhone able to power the AG03 through the printer USB, when no external power source is connected to it? If affirmative, does it report it is powering the external device? What happens when you connect an external power source to the micro USB of AG03 when the printer cable is connected to the iPhone? It signals it is not powering the external device (assuming it reported it was doing it before)? Does the battery discharge rate decreases, in case it powers the AG06 but does not report anything?

I believe when the micro USB connector is powered, the electronic switch or transistor that connects the power line of the printer connector is disabled. That is what I would do if I designed the AG03, and as Yamaha engineers are smarter than I (according to Abdol smile ), I think they did the same or even better than that.

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by mwf

Once again, iPhone can't power any device.

[Linked Image]

As seen in the pic, it says "tablet use DC" which means, you need the dc adaptor if you're using an iPhone or an iPad.

So one cable goes to the device (iPad, iPhone, etc.) the second cable (from the DC USB port) goes to any USB 2.0 compatible power adaptor.

C
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Abdol
. . . Once again, iPhone can't power any device. . . .

I may not understand what's going on, and my previous responses may be useless (or worse).

When I attach an OTG (on-the-go) adapter to the mini-USB port of either of my Android devices (Amazon Fire 8 / Asus Android mobile phone), the device _can_ power other devices (e.g., a standard "USB keyboard") over a USB cable.

. . . Can the iPhone do that, if the "camera lightning adapter" is attached ?

Thanks --

. Charles
---------------------------
PX-350 / microKorg XL+ / Pianoteq
M
mwf Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
I tried to set up my new AG03 to iphone 11 and it can't power the mixer itself so I attached a micro USB lead to power it, however now it won't connect to iphone at same time so it's useless to me... Why is it so difficult to live stream to my phone.. It should be easy. I'm not happy to say the least, probably just gonna quit trying now tbh.

I know there is maybe a cheap behringer audio interface that will power from it but I wanted to speak whilst playing so I need a mixer ideally that will work with iPhone.

C
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
C
See if a Behringer Q502 USB will do what you need. It takes power from an AC wall socket.

Clunky, but proven.

Edit -- corrected model #.

Last edited by Charles Cohen; 04/19/22 08:42 PM.

. Charles
---------------------------
PX-350 / microKorg XL+ / Pianoteq
M
mwf Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
Ah I see good idea, is there a way to go from laptop to mixer to phone? So the laptop powers mixer I wonder...I hear that's how people do it properly, by going from piano to laptop then to mixer or audio interface and finally to phone

S
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
S
I noticed this comment online ----- Since this is in the iPhone section, I assume you're asking about the iPhone/iPad. The Apple 30-pin connector has a 3.3V supply on pin 18 (or 13 according to Apple, see here: Apple iPod, iPhone (2g, 3g), iPad Dock connector pinout
), which is used to power peripherals connected to it. Tests done by users indicate that on the iPhone, the port can supply up to 160mA, but that is very likely out-of-spec, and you should use that information with caution.

160 mA doesn't sound promising. It was good that at least somebody has some ballpark figure about whether or not an iPhone can supply at least something. Just surprising in that some simple information such as this appears to be difficult to find through a google search. I probably just didn't search for long enough though heheh.

M
mwf Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
Looks like a faulty apple lightning camera adaptor which only works on one side

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mwf
I tried to set up my new AG03 to iphone 11 and it can't power the mixer itself so I attached a micro USB lead to power it, however now it won't connect to iphone at same time so it's useless to me... Why is it so difficult to live stream to my phone.. It should be easy.

I didn't look into this in detail, however a quick Google of "AG03 iphone" should take you to some videos of folks connecting the mixer to their iPhone.

I watched a couple of Japanese videos and the process looked pretty straight forward:

- Use a USB charger to provide the 5V power into the mixer's micro USB port
- Use a USB A to B cable from the mixer into an Apple Lightning Camera Connector, then into the iPhone.

Did you already try this?

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
M
mwf Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
Yes thanks I did and found out lightning camera adaptor is not working properly

Originally Posted by mwf
Yes thanks I did and found out lightning camera adaptor is not working properly

Do you mean the lightning camera adaptor that you're using is not working properly (is it an official Apple accessory?), or that all lightning camera adaptors do not work properly with this mixer?

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
M
mwf Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
Sorry it's just mine I think, the fact that a lightning adaptor/port is designed to work both sides same as USB C means mine must be faulty as it doesn't work both ways when plugged into iphone.

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Charles Cohen
Originally Posted by Abdol
. . . Once again, iPhone can't power any device. . . .

I may not understand what's going on, and my previous responses may be useless (or worse).

When I attach an OTG (on-the-go) adapter to the mini-USB port of either of my Android devices (Amazon Fire 8 / Asus Android mobile phone), the device _can_ power other devices (e.g., a standard "USB keyboard") over a USB cable.

. . . Can the iPhone do that, if the "camera lightning adapter" is attached ?

Thanks --

Not the case with Apple products. There is no straight way to connect a wired keyboard to any iPhone. Only if you "buy" Apple's USB adaptor.

Also, consider that if your cellphone provides a full 500mA to any external device and you run software at the same time on it, the battery probably lasts for a very very short time...

Mixers hog a lot of power! They usually have amps/preamps etc. Your cellphone's battery can withstand it for a few mins before it turns into a brick.

No points in using your cellphone as a powerpack for your mixer.

Last edited by Abdol; 04/20/22 12:54 PM.

M
mwf Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
You're absolutely right

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Target note video
by 36251 - 07/02/22 09:30 AM
Best Arduino Courses
by Palak Sharma - 07/02/22 08:15 AM
Pianoteq Stage 7.5 for sale for €80
by meghdad - 07/02/22 03:25 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,780
Posts3,204,883
Members105,697
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission