2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
72 members (36251, accordeur, Auror, BMKE, BravoRomeo, boo1234, Anevsky, anotherscott, bluebilly, AndreaH, 11 invisible), 4,192 guests, and 256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 30 1 2 27 28 29 30
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yes, the L size should be fine for the ES920.

The XL is really only necessary for the MP11/MP11SE.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
S
S
Nice, cheers!

K
Online Content
K
I thought about getting the cover but it would be incovenient with the wire and ports, so I just got a key cloth for the keys. the rest I can just vacuum once a month.

1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
I don't use my stage piano much at home but chiming about covers. There's a lot of famous art on cloth or design, etc., meant for hanging. Why not buy something like that.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP
https://soundcloud.com/pete36251
K
Online Content
K
Originally Posted by 36251
I don't use my stage piano much at home but chiming about covers. There's a lot of famous art on cloth or design, etc., meant for hanging. Why not buy something like that.

the key cloth is a different material where its fluff doesn't fall off.

Last edited by KawaFanboi; 04/23/22 10:04 AM.
S
S
Received my Kawai dust cover today. It's looks really nice! Glad I went for it over a similar off-brand thing, looks classy – even though they all do the same thing lol

K
Online Content
K
at kawai james,

does the different touch curve settings on the 520 go from expo to log like on rolands settings?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by KawaFanboi; 04/29/22 11:37 AM.
H
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
@steve2603, Nice! Well chosen!

Cheers and happy playing,

HZ

K
Online Content
K
Week 4 of es520, a key started to squeak already. sigh.

Kawai james, you guy should cast a small lubrication port on the less visible fasciaes of each key so people can lubricate their keybed without disassembling the chassis.. the chassis could also use some extra rigidity.

@KawaiFan

This is unacceptable. Return your unit for free repair or get a refund or something.
Probably you got lucked out and recieved a badly QC'd unit. Even if it was made in Japan (and it's not) these things may happen.

---

Also, I wonder if anyone knows whether custom "patches" saved to registrations retain the following:
Effect type and setting, Reverb type, split point key, layer octave(+/-), balance mix between two patches, virtual tech. settings,*EQ sliders per patch?*.
In addition I couldn't find a name to rename registrations (maybe I didn't look hard enough). e.g I wanna make custom names for my patches for gigs to be named like "killing me softly intro EP" "verse Organ + Bass split" "Piano Vibes" etc. similar to what can be done on most keyboards
thanks for the help

K
Online Content
K
at chummy, I'm not mad..

indonesia was hit badly by covid, they didn't have enough oxygen, medical infrastructure, people dropping in the streets, dying at home, etc. as an empathetic human, I'm not so hardup on the slip in quality, it's a pandemic era product afterall.

es520 is still the only option for me when I looked at all the lineups. the key squeaking issue, let's call it 90%, still a passing grade. I will be opening it soonish to take some photos for you guys as I fix the key.

Last edited by KawaFanboi; 05/01/22 10:17 AM.
H
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by KawaFanboi
at chummy, I'm not mad..

indonesia was hit badly by covid, they didn't have enough oxygen, medical infrastructure, people dropping in the streets, dying at home, etc. as an empathetic human, I'm not so hardup on the slip in quality, it's a pandemic era product afterall.

es520 is still the only option for me when I looked at all the lineups. the key squeaking issue, let's call it 90%, still a passing grade. I will be opening it soonish to take some photos for you guys as I fix the key.

Hello,

What a great attitude and take at things, @KawaFanboi!

Cheers and happy compassion,

HZ

S
S
Hello, may I ask what headphones you're all using with your ES models? I'm looking to upgrade from my trusty but now fairly old closed-back Audio Technica phones. So preferably open-backed, comfortable etc. Cheers

Last edited by steve2603; 05/01/22 03:51 PM.
K
Online Content
K
just want to add, due to my setup having to host multiple devices, I have to use the headphone out as basically a preamp, it's very clean/ good amp.

S
S
Originally Posted by steve2603
Hello, may I ask what headphones you're all using with your ES models? I'm looking to upgrade from my trusty but now fairly old closed-back Audio Technica phones. So preferably open-backed, comfortable etc. Cheers

No takers? frown

J
J

No takers? frown

Yes, Steve2603, I take it.
I've got a BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro (80 Ohm), I had it already and was happy it worked also nice with my ES920.

Regards,
Jelle.

P
P
Originally Posted by packardman
I'm not officially an owner but I just placed an order for the ES920 from Musician's Friend. I got their usual discount plus 8% in rewards for future purchases and a set of expensive guitar strings. They quoted me a shipping date of 3/1 which I seriously doubt it, but I'm in no hurry.

I'm an absolute beginner, but didn't want to buy something I outgrow as the ES110 or the FP30X would had been fine. Choices came down to the FP60X and the ES520/ES920 and any one I probably would had been happy with. The FP90X was too big of a price step up to consider although the ES920 compared favorably against it. Today I probably won't notice the difference between these three, but seemed like the ES920 had the best reviews for sub $2000 portable digital pianos with the one major knock being key noise and maybe the plastic build although that was most likely done for weight savings. I got 5% more of a discount on the Es920 over the ES520, so that made the ES920 very attractive compared to the ES520. I initially last year bought a cheap Rock Jam keyboard to help with my singing lessons. I found to my surprised I liked playing the keyboard, and decided to step up to the plate and go further.

Since Covid struck, I've gone down the proverbial musical rat hole. I'm now taking guitar lessons on three different types of guitars (steel streel acoustic, classical and harp) plus singing and keyboard lessons.

I guess I won't be a ES920 owner. After the order being pushed 3 consecutive each month to now June, I decided to look at alternatives. I ended up with a P515 is in stock and was around the same discounted price as the ES920 although the ES920 has had a $200 price increase if I placed the order today. Looking at the reviews I'll think be fine with either, and I didn't want for wait for the ES920. Anything will be better than the cheap Rock Jam I'm trying to learn on. LOL

No takers? frown

I use Audio Technica Headphones but can vouch for the Beyerdynamic 770 had those beforehand. Go for low resistance like the 80 ohm suggested above me those are better for just playing / monitoring since you get a better bass response - these sound great!. The advantage of the audio technica unlike the 770 is that the cable is detachable so when it goes bad you don't throw the whole thing.

I'm not officially an owner but I just placed an order for the ES920 from Musician's Friend. I got their usual discount plus 8% in rewards for future purchases and a set of expensive guitar strings. They quoted me a shipping date of 3/1 which I seriously doubt it, but I'm in no hurry.

I'm an absolute beginner, but didn't want to buy something I outgrow as the ES110 or the FP30X would had been fine. Choices came down to the FP60X and the ES520/ES920 and any one I probably would had been happy with. The FP90X was too big of a price step up to consider although the ES920 compared favorably against it. Today I probably won't notice the difference between these three, but seemed like the ES920 had the best reviews for sub $2000 portable digital pianos with the one major knock being key noise and maybe the plastic build although that was most likely done for weight savings. I got 5% more of a discount on the Es920 over the ES520, so that made the ES920 very attractive compared to the ES520. I initially last year bought a cheap Rock Jam keyboard to help with my singing lessons. I found to my surprised I liked playing the keyboard, and decided to step up to the plate and go further.

Since Covid struck, I've gone down the proverbial musical rat hole. I'm now taking guitar lessons on three different types of guitars (steel streel acoustic, classical and harp) plus singing and keyboard lessons.

I guess I won't be a ES920 owner. After the order being pushed 3 consecutive each month to now June, I decided to look at alternatives. I ended up with a P515 is in stock and was around the same discounted price as the ES920 although the ES920 has had a $200 price increase if I placed the order today. Looking at the reviews I'll think be fine with either, and I didn't want for wait for the ES920. Anything will be better than the cheap Rock Jam I'm trying to learn on. LOL

Oh man that sucks that they stopped producing that model.. could have also gone for the MP7SE but I think you'll be happy with the 515. I found the 515 looks and feels more premium than the 920, particulary as a home instrument with a matching stand I'd definitely be more inspired to play the 515 with its medal chassis and wooden keys!

S
S
Originally Posted by Chummy

No takers? frown

I use Audio Technica Headphones but can vouch for the Beyerdynamic 770 had those beforehand. Go for low resistance like the 80 ohm suggested above me those are better for just playing / monitoring since you get a better bass response - these sound great!. The advantage of the audio technica unlike the 770 is that the cable is detachable so when it goes bad you don't throw the whole thing.

Can you tell me the model of Audio Technicas you use? And yea, I was looking at the 770s but the non-detachable cable is a little annoying.

Last edited by steve2603; 05/17/22 05:02 AM.
Page 29 of 30 1 2 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Target note video
by 36251 - 07/02/22 09:30 AM
Best Arduino Courses
by Palak Sharma - 07/02/22 08:15 AM
Pianoteq Stage 7.5 for sale for €80
by meghdad - 07/02/22 03:25 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,780
Posts3,204,883
Members105,697
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission