2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, 36251, benkeys, 9 invisible), 1,931 guests, and 319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3214086 05/05/22 01:28 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hello folks anyone having the same nightmare I'm having. I have a basic laptop and a yamaha cp33 for my controller and cantabile for my plugin host. I have everything set up in the correct usual manner to play my vsts and make recordings through cantabile and windows media player plays them back for me. There are 4 external inputs on my Babyface pro the first 2 go to the analog outputs of the cp33 so I can use some of the internal sounds generated by it. When I record I pick up all vst's and the sounds of the yamaha no problems there. But when I want to record what's plugged into 3 and 4 on Babyface it doesn't get recorded. Now I hear everything in my monitors and all meters are moving and I have the proper input settings in cantabile checked. Sometimes I even get a error prompt from windows media. player. Tech support from rme said something like windows media player won't record 4 channels at once. Any ideas please. Thank you, MooganDavid

Rme BabyFace Pro, Dynaudio BM6-ll, Garritan CFX Full, Vienna Imperial, Truekeys American Grand, Modern U, Cantabile Solo 2, Hauptwerk Pipe Organ Vst, VB3 Hammond Vst and SPIN Leslie Vst, Yamaha CP33 and Novation Impulse 61
500 Post Club Member
Online Content
500 Post Club Member
Are you rendering\converting the audio file to stereo format before playing it in Media Player?

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I am not an expert about Cantabile… does it propose you to select 3&4 instead of a default 1&2 ?

You could try Reaper and its free evaluation : (insert new track, click the red button on the track, on the « input  » selector, click stereo Input3/input4). You may also have to tweak in options/preferences/audio device, your ASIO driver.

It may be simpler to link your CP33 in input 1/2.

Last edited by Frédéric L; 05/05/22 03:37 PM.

http://www.sinerj.org/
http://humeur-synthe.sinerj.org/
Yamaha N1X, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
D
500 Post Club Member
Online Content
500 Post Club Member
D
Does your Yamaha have a MIDI setting called "AUDIO LOOPBACK"? If you, you probably want this switched to "ON" - just make sure your playback selection in Cantabile is not the piano but the actual computer speakers - otherwise you may get a horrible infinite feedback loop that could damage your hardware. This solution worked for me but I have a Yamaha p515 and I'm using Audacity to record...

Yamaha P515
Steinway A2
M
OP Offline
M
I don't know TBell I'm just hitting record button in cantabile

Rme BabyFace Pro, Dynaudio BM6-ll, Garritan CFX Full, Vienna Imperial, Truekeys American Grand, Modern U, Cantabile Solo 2, Hauptwerk Pipe Organ Vst, VB3 Hammond Vst and SPIN Leslie Vst, Yamaha CP33 and Novation Impulse 61
M
OP Offline
M
I'm using analog inputs 1 and 2 for output of cp33 input 3and 4 are my friends roland digital drums everything sounds fine through the monitors. Thanks for replying FredericL

M
OP Offline
M
Hi danno858 I do get a horrible feedback whenever I turn my laptop on and run cantabile with the master input volume turned up out of the laptops speakers. I thought that was the laptop mike feeding back. Doesn't do that when babyface is connected and my studio monitors. Thank you

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
This page shows how to add audio ports in catibile

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/guides/configuringAudioPorts

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission