2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, 12 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 32 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 31 32
M
M
Ps. I am setting Audio Output to "Roland Piano" in Pianoteq (DAC in Roland is used).

Last edited by Michael Fur; 04/01/22 02:04 PM.
G
G
That's what the local control is for. With disabling local control, the piano will not produce any internal sound but will still send midi data.
So you will be able to use the builtin speakers for playing only the VST sound without internal sound.

But it doesn't have an USB audio interface, you have to use the line-in jack.
So it's not exactly the same as with the FP90x. For your use case the FP90x is the better choice.

Hi~ how do you record your singing while playing?

I can hear myself but when saved (internal storage) and play, I cannot hear my sining.

Thanks.

Subcribe my youtube channel for incoming LIVE piano with Vocal.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCfZgIIQ_P_iHfdHlQCF9tqA

God bless you and take care
S
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Jojovan
Hi~ how do you record your singing while playing? I can hear myself but when saved (internal storage) and play, I cannot hear my singing.

I think it only records midi data in order to reproduce the sounds on playback of the midi data on the piano.

Recording the piano sounds plus the singer ------ maybe various ways, which includes just the usual video method (which records all the sounds too), or ----- I think this instrument has an output audio connector that mixes the piano sounds and your microphone voice ----- so that output could be taken to a digital sound recording device, such as sound-card of a computer, or other digital recording device.

Very interesting reading.

I'm about to get an FP90x and I'm indeed wanting to use ut along with Pianoteq, so same question here too.

Also, is there any way of connecting a subwoofer only while still getting the sound through the on-board speakers?

P85>Kawai CA97>Numa X GT>FP90x>LX706
Pianoteq 8 Pro
http://youtube.com/DavidIzquierdoAzzouz
E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by Jojovan
Hi~ how do you record your singing while playing?

I can hear myself but when saved (internal storage) and play, I cannot hear my sining.

Thanks.

How are you connecting the microphone?

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
S
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
S
I think the team that were writing the user manual for the FP-90X needed to pull their socks up a bit, and should have included at least some details about whether (or not) the FP-90X has an onboard feature for recording a piano plus microphone mix.

Leaving out that sort of important information is pretty poor actually. But then again, it's the life story of many manuals and manufacturer data sheets etc in general. But back to the FP-90X manual ........ this is just assuming that they really didn't add any information about it. Maybe they did - somewhere - in which case, I would take it all back.

C
8000 Post Club Member
Online Content
8000 Post Club Member
C
Page 18 and 19 of the FP-90X Owner's Manual discuss _audio_ recording. (You can't record your voice using MIDI, or in SMF format -- you _must_ record in Audio mode.)

I can't find an explicit statement of what happens if you play, while singing into the mic, and do an audio recording. But there _is_ a note about converting SMF (MIDI) recordings to audio recordings:

Converting an SMF-recorded song to audio

A song recorded as SMF can be re-recorded as audio so that you can play it back on your computer. . . . (instructions follow)

* During recording, any sounds that you produce by playing the keyboard or that are input to the unit via the Mic Input jack, the USB port, the Input Stereo jack, or Bluetooth audio are included in the audio that is recorded during this conversion.

This suggests (but doesn't state explicitly) that, when you record "live" in Audio mode, the recording contains whatever comes out of the piano's loudspeakers -- that is, it will include microphone (etc) inputs, as well as sounds from the keyboard.

A test should take about 5 minutes.

. Charles
---------------------------
PX-350 / Roland Gaia / Pianoteq
S
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
S
I think Charles is right. Just focusing on the part that says 'can be re-recorded'. Just assuming it means that - for that feature - it may be a case of the piano replaying a saved midi, where anybody that wants to then sing along during the playback time will also be recorded during the re-recording stage.

L
L
Hi guys ..a couple of questions about this great instrument:

- I wonder if anyone using the FP-90x for home studio recording/production purposes...

- I would like to know if his built-in audio interface works well with any DAW and so if you can also use his own speakers for music production...

- It is not clear to me if once you connect the piano to a PC, any audio outputs go throw the piano speakers... I mean if the PC recognizes your piano as a proper audio interface (like when you are the Focusrite installed on your PC for instance).

- Another thing, which third part piano stand would you recommend? Like a piano stand which offers a clear leg area (like the K&M 18810 or 18950).

- The last thing, if the Roland RPU-3 works well (without any issues.. as I have got previously two faulty DP-10..) or is better the KPD-90 which comes with its own stand?

Thanks!

P
Purdyd Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
P
Yes, the fp-90x works just like an audio interface and you can output from the daw software to the speakers.

I have a K&m 18810 it works fine.

Note any single leg stand will have a bit of front back wobble. Some people find that annoying.

My rpu-3 seems to be working fine.

FP-90x, PX-330
L
L
Thank you for your comment Purdyd!

Originally Posted by Purdyd
Note any single leg stand will have a bit of front back wobble. Some people find that annoying.
I wouldn't aspected this little issue with this product.. I heard very well about that brand.. Perhaps is just a flooring issue? Anyway you don't have any problems with it right?

P
Purdyd Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
P

FP-90x, PX-330
K
K
Hi all,
I recently (late February) joined the Roland family with an fp30x. In general, the DP is great, with a big flaw though on the keys:

I started experiencing the same issue with my keys a few days ago. Send it to a tech store, just to have it back with the same issues again 😢.
I then contacted SweetWater (who were awesome btw), and they told me that I can return the item, and use the money to buy a better one (they are paying for shipping and everything).
So now, here is my dilemma. Even though I just started playing the piano in late February (34yo), I can't stop playing! I love this too much!, so now I want to upgrade to the best DP available in the range of ~2500-3500USD. One of my options is the fp90x, but I read that the problem I had on the fp30x will eventually happen again smirk
In your experience, is this the case? What has been your experience with this specific DP? Do the keys 'clicks' too much/loud with the upper part of your piano because of lack of grease?

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
FP90x is a different action than 30x.

Pianist, teacher, occasional technician, internet addict.
Piano Review Editor - Acoustic and Digital Piano Buyer
Please visit my YouTube Channel
K
K
Originally Posted by terminaldegree
FP90x is a different action than 30x.
So I assume you haven't had this issue with your fp90x? Is there anything I should know about the quality of the keys/keybed before buying it?

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
I have not, but ours is pretty new (so I wouldn't expect it to be an issue, yet). Most DP actions get noisier with use and time, unfortunately.

Pianist, teacher, occasional technician, internet addict.
Piano Review Editor - Acoustic and Digital Piano Buyer
Please visit my YouTube Channel
K
K
I have not, but ours is pretty new (so I wouldn't expect it to be an issue, yet). Most DP actions get noisier with use and time, unfortunately.
Yeah, I've read that most (if not all), DP at some point get noisier with time. I just hope my future fp90x will not get as noisy as my previous fp30x in the first months (or year). That is all I ask.
Thank you for your input

D
5000 Post Club Member
Online Content
5000 Post Club Member
D
I have not, but ours is pretty new (so I wouldn't expect it to be an issue, yet).

This is a mis-placed assumption.

New instruments are often untested. Only a small amount of any manufactured batch of instruments passes through QC.
Then you have the travel from the manufacturing plant to distribution warehouses.
Then you have further travel from NDC's to Music stores.
Then you have further travel from the Music store warehouse to your home.

All that leaves lots of possibilities for transit damage due to knocks and vibrations etc., mishaps...
Lot's of people here get issues with new instruments.

One advantage of buying used is that you can exactly know what you're getting; whereas, buying a new instrument is pretty much pot luck, unless you insist on having a store floor model.

Instruments......Kawai MP7SE.............................................(Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000)
Software..........Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand...............K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Piano stool.......K&M 14093 Piano stool
P
Purdyd Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
P
If you buy used you really don’t have any idea either. It could have played a lot or little.

If there is a west problem it is going to show up in the used DP sooner.

I expect an item of this price does have a final qc step.

A new item will be under warranty and if there is damage in shipment you should be able to return it.

I don’t think it will be easy to find a used Fp-90x

FP-90x, PX-330
Page 14 of 32 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission