2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
69 members (accordeur, clothearednincompo, ChristoVanRensburg, 36251, anotherscott, brdwyguy, butchkoch, Andrew E., Catlady, AJB, 14 invisible), 986 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
03. Sam S - Idyll

Exquisite music and playing. I have always considered myself eclectic but once again you have drawn my attention to another valuable source of listening pleasure. I had never heard of Bozza and had to look him up. What a talent he must have been. Like several posters here I envy the unified music making of you two. My wife has a much better ear than mine and sings in choirs performing all those big requiems. We’d be at each other’s throats after the first five minutes, no taste overlap at all. Arthritis is damned awful and I hope its treatment brings lasting amelioration and continued music for both of you.

"We shall always love the music of the masters, but they are all dead and now it's our turn." - Llewelyn Jones, my piano teacher
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
24. Jerzyk19- I really liked this. You were into it... and that makes a difference.

25. zsolpyW A very emotional performance. Well done.

T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by lilypad
12. Ted Jones - The Fourth Ace - After the grass mowing discussion I was influenced to think about my own experience mowing a sparse lawn on rocky soil. The texture of much of the music seemed to fit, but after listening a second time and thinking about it, mountain biking on a rocky trail came to mind with all the interesting variations of scenery along the way. The latter part of the improvisation brought to mind the title of the piece. A lost game due to a forgotten fourth ace - sadness in some slow reflective passages mixed in with almost frenzied frustration and finally calm acceptance.

I am against anything rigid or fixed in musical meaning and I am always pleased when listeners impose their own images and meanings. Thanks for your thoughts and for listening.

Originally Posted by QuentinP
12. Ted Jones - The Fourth Ace
Very imaginative. This had a somewhat ominous air to me, which eventually segued into something a little more hopeful, which felt like a relief! Well done.

Some would say I have far too much imagination but music is all about imagination and magic isn't it ? Ominous ? Yes, come to think of it, parts of it are rather. Thanks for listening.

"We shall always love the music of the masters, but they are all dead and now it's our turn." - Llewelyn Jones, my piano teacher
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
27. Marklings- If this were a fly ball... you caught it! Wonderful flow and feeling!! Loved it!

28. Rachtoven- Wow, short, but so much there. Absolutely great flow. well played. Bravo!

R
R
A few more comments

16. QuasiUnaFantasia - Fantasie in G major

I liked this a lot! Well done. I would have never expected that Bruckner would compose this. To me, it sounds a bit like modern quasi-classical pop.

17. Ido - Waltz Op.70 No.3

Very nicely and sensitively played! I was not familiar with this waltz.

18. lilypad - Nightfall

I enjoyed this. Your playing was precise, and I liked your expressive use of dynamics.

19. thepianoplayer416 - Sonatina in G (Anh. 5): Moderato - Romanze

You did a good job here. Thanks for your submission.

20. Snejana - The Ones Out of Place

Your improvisation was moving and well executed. Although improvised, your use of contrast imparted an underlying structure to the music. Well done!

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Many thanks, AndresVel, lilypad, Peyton, QuentinP and Rachtoven for your comments. To answer some questions. Finding Couperin etc: I owned a harpsichord for time and gravitated to the French school, lived near a university city and a bookshop that sold everything, so bought all Couperin, Rameau, Duphly keyboard works. (Needless to say, there is much I haven't played!) Ornamentation: much exposure to the heavily ornamented French school and no dynamics on a harpsichord, so one less skill to master, basically just get your fingers working evenly in terms of tempo. (And crisply) Lyrical: yes, not generally expected in Baroque music, but the 18C French keyboard music precedes composers like Debussy and Ravel, it must be in the genes. Virtual vs real: a real harpsichord has an action which is very different from a real piano or a digital keyboard. There is an initial resistance when pressing a key, than an absence of any once the quill/plectrum is past the string. This bothers many people, but not me, fortunately. The real instrument - in terms of the "standard" 2 manual, 3 register instruments - is easier to change registers, even though changing registers should be done sparingly. Having only one keyboard, I assign out of compass notes and 2 of the 3 pedals to make changing registers quicker. In this sense, the real instrument has a greater capability: in French rondeaux, there's a tendency to have linking bars to each section, so altering the tone colour is easier on a real instrument when going from section to section. Changing from virtual piano to virtual harpsichord: in reverse it's easier. The hand position, articulation and phrasing are so different on a harpsichord, virtual or real, that going to it from a "piano" position can be tricky. The other way, your hand positions change relatively freely and, in effect, you return to what you are most familiar with. Going from harpsichord to piano means concentrating on the greater hand discipline and precision of how light and shade, accents etc (or the illusion of such) need to be achieved.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
30. Swede- I've always loved this piece.m I always picture some children sitting around an old sailer uncle as he tells them stories of his journies. You played it well and with feeling.

31. PikaPianist- I can't even say just "wow" on this one. You play like a professional. Amazing playing.

I
Ido Offline
I
10. Peyton - Etude #2
While I didn't bond with the piece, your playing is really really great, as always. You mentioned the octaves - they sounded plenty smooth to me. And the piano sound is very rich.

11. Rickster - "Heart of Georgia Boogie"
Very groovy, you are a pro entertainer!

This is beautiful. Very expressive playing.

19. thepianoplayer416 - Sonatina in G (Anh. 5): Moderato - Romanze
I think you've captured the spirit of the piece, especially by precisely following the rests marking - it gives the right hand the spot light.

21. sandalholme - Les Folies Francaises ou les Dominos from Ordre No13
This definitely sounds professional. You manage to create an illusion of dynamics, even though the harpsicode doesn't have this function.

22. Flygbladet - Monkey Island 1 theme music
Love it. Games music can be very good. I remember someone playing the entire Rayman soundtrack on piano.

23. Kepijapa - Partita No.6 In E Minor, BWV 830, 2-3. Allemande-Corrente
Very impressive playing. Your playing reminds me bit of Schiff's.

25. zsolpyW - Tell him
Beautiful! That's a wonderful birthday gift.

26. KevinM - Sonatina in D Opus 36 No 6 part 1
Sounds great, a very good performance!

27. Marklings - Waltz Op. 64 n.2 in C sharp minor
Great performance of a challenging piece.

32. Agrajag - Sonata "Pathetique" Op. 13 - I
You've asked for critical comments, so let's start:
1. I think you play this piece in a very interesting way (i.e. not boring), I like it a lot.
2. Your overall expression is amazing.
3. Wow

33. candela - Nordic Themes Nos 8 and 11
Well played!

35. winterflower - daffodils
A relaxing piece, I think the name is appropriate. Beautiful.

Started playing piano in early 2017. My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNyp3JmDfITneq2uSgyb-5Q/videos
5000 Post Club Member
Online Content
5000 Post Club Member
Still on the road, but found a little more time to listen!

30. Swede - Von fremden Landern und Menschen op 15 Well done!

31. PikaPianist - Rigaudon (From The Holberg Suite) Wonderful! Professional as always.

32. Agrajag - Sonata "Pathetique" Op. 13 - I Kudos for trying such a challenging piece. I hope you will get lots of helpful comments - I have never played it, so I'm just offering encouragement. I think the opening was great - wonderful dynamics. I think you handled the speedup well - some parts are not so smooth and their are odd accents, but it was very good. Well done!

33. candela - Nordic Themes Nos 8 and 11 Interesting! I have never heard these, obviously. Wonderful playing, and thanks for introducing them!

34. Purrblast - October, The Seasons (Op. 37a, No. 10) So dreamy. And like a lot of Tchaikovsky, so deliciously sad. He's sad, and he's glad he's sad, and is going to enjoy it. Well done!

36. Tyschoco - Bach Invention No.15 in B Minor, BMV 786 You don't hear this one very often, but it's great, so I don' know why. Nice ornaments in the left hand (and right hand, but the left is so much harder). Loved it!

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
L
L
Thank you, QuentinP and Rachtoven for listening and kind remarks.

After another pleasant listening session last evening ...

13. peterws - Summertime Ended - Wow! That was delightful! It reminds me of when a jazz pianist launches into a solo based on the tune being performed - only much better! I hope you decide to do similar projects and share them.

14. facdo - Elegie Op.3 No.1 - What a treat it was to see and hear your remarkable performance of a challenging piece on such a special piano. Thank you for sharing the moment.

15. Serge88 - Ballade pour Adeline - That was just lovely. Gorgeous music and very well played.

16. QuasiUnaFantasia - Fantasie in G major - Thank you for introducing Bruckner! The sound really is magical.

29. kenbakermn - Letter From Home - A beautiful arrangement and a real pleasure to listen to.

30. Swede - Von fremden Landern und Menschen op 15 - Your performance of this charming piece seemed just right to me. It sounded very musical and I didn't notice any technical deficiency.

My other hobby - gardening for an audience. https://naturescaping.org/the-gardens/entrance-garden/
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Here are my comments on all the submissions. I must say, after listening to all these great performances, I feel even more like the oddball of the bunch. All I can say is we are who we are, musically or otherwise.

I really enjoyed listening to all the performances, and none of them were shabby! Most were highly advanced, in my view. Loved them all! smile

01 Calavera; Forever Rachel by Uematsu, Nobuo; Interesting and calming to listen to. The piano sounded very good, and the playing was superb!

02 MarieJ; Luminous by Ludovico Einaudi: Lovely indeed! Love the left hand, and the piano sounded great! Beautifully played!

03 Sam S; Idyll by Eugene Bozza; Another fabulous performance, Sam, both you and Laurie! You both play so well! Enjoyed it much!

04 QuentinP; WTK1 Fugue 1 C major by Bach; Nice playing, and I like the coordination between the left and right hands. Well done!

05 briangmoore; Chanson by Nancy Faber; Lovely piece, very comforting to listen to. Nice performance for sure!

06 pianist685 (Constantin); She's a lady by Richard Sanderson; A familiar tune, and the accompaniment backup on the digital piano made it sound like a full orchestra! Singing was great too! A great performance!

07 stevedoz; Danzas argentinas Op. 2, no 2, Danza de la moza donosa by Alberto Ginastera; Easy listening, and a beautiful piece! The piano sounded great also! Well played!

08 AndresVel; Piano Sonata No. 16 in C major, KV 545 by W. A. Mozart; Another beautiful, and familiar Classical piece(s), and very well played. I enjoyed it much. You are very accomplished on the piano!

09 PianogrlNW (Ellen); Sonata in E Major K 380 by Scarlatti; Absolutely beautiful, and well played! Your Schimmel piano sound great!

10 Peyton; Etude #2 by Philip Glass: Another familiar Classical piece, Peyton, and you played it superbly! Outstanding!

12 Ted Jones; The Fourth Ace by Ted Jones; Wow, sounds sophisticated, Ted! Similar to other Classical pieces, yet different, because it is your own composition! I'm impressed, and I admire you!

13 peterws; Summertime Ended by Gershwin; A familiar piece, and skillfully played! You play very well, Peter! I enjoyed listening!

14 facdo; Elegie Op.3 No.1 by Rachmaninoff; Beautifully played! I love the low bass on the Rachmaninoff pieces!

15 Serge88; Ballade pour Adeline by Paul de Senneville; Another Classical piece I've heard before, and you played it so well! Love the chord changes and the sequence of notes!

16 QuasiUnaFantasia; Fantasie in G major by Bruckner, A.; A lovely piece, and played with passion! I love the expression you put into playing this piece! Very well played!

17 Ido; Waltz Op.70 No.3 by Chopin; Sounded great, and well played! I like the stride style exhibited in the left hand.

18 lilypad; Nightfall by N. Faber; Beautiful, lilypad! It sounded great, and your Yamaha Clavinova sounded really good! I wish it had been a bit longer, because I was enjoying listening to it so much! And, for the record, I'm retired too, and love it so much!

19 thepianoplayer416; Sonatina in G (Anh. 5): Moderato - Romanze by L. van Beethoven; Nice playing, and I enjoyed listening!

20 Snejana; The Ones Out of Place by Snejana Shegheva; Beautiful! And beautifully played! Your piano sounded very warm and mellow!

21 sandalholme; Les Folies Francaises ou les Dominos from Ordre No13 by F Couperin; First thoughts... surprising! And, a pleasant surprise indeed. Loved the harpsichord sound, and very well played! I enjoyed listening!

22 Flygbladet; Monkey Island 1 theme music by Michael Land; Sounded great, and it sounded like a difficult piece to play. But you played it well, without a hiccup!

23 Kepijapa; Partita No.6 In E Minor, BWV 830, 2-3. Allemande-Corrente by J.S. Bach; Well played, and it sounded fabulous! I loved the echo sound, like it was being playing in a concert hall. Well done!

24 Jerzyk19; Immortal by Evanecence; The piano sounded great, and your playing was superb! Very pleasant to listen to! Well done!

25 zsolpyW; Tell him by (?); An advance piece for sure, and well played! Left and right hands very well coordinated. I enjoyed listening!

26 KevinM; Sonatina in D Opus 36 No 6 part 1 by Clementi; Wow, some great playing, and I like the upbeat tempo! And, you were playing all those notes and never missed a note! Well done!

27 Marklings; Waltz Op. 64 n.2 in C sharp minor by Chopin; Some advanced/experienced playing for sure! It sounded great, and I enjoyed listening!

28 Rachtoven; Invention No. 8 by J.S. Bach; Sounded great! It sounded like you had three hand while playing! Love the bouncy tempo!

29 kenbakermn; Letter From Home by Pat Metheny; Beautiful playing! I could hear and sense the experience under your hands and fingers! I enjoyed listening!

30 Swede; Von fremden Landern und Menschen op 15 by Robert Schumann; Very well played, and great timing and tempo! I enjoyed listening!

31 PikaPianist; Rigaudon (From The Holberg Suite) by Grieg; Outstanding! Fast fingers, and then some! Great performance!

32 Agrajag; Sonata "Pathetique" Op. 13 - I by Beethoven: Fabulous playing! You played that piece like it was your own! Outstanding job!

33 candela; Nordic Themes Nos 8 and 11 by Erland Sjunnesson; A lovely piece, and well played! Very pleasant listening! Great job!

34 Purrblast; October, The Seasons (Op. 37a, No. 10) by P.I. Tchaikovsky; Excellent playing, and your piano sounded delicious! I enjoyed listening very much!

35 winterflower; daffodils by winterflower; Such a lovely piece, and even more beautiful because it was your own composition! I enjoyed it much!

36 Tyschoco; Bach Invention No.15 in B Minor, BMV 786 by J.S Bach; More fast fingers, and upbeat tempo! Bravo! It's easy to tell you're an experienced player! Great job!

(Hope I didn't leave anyone out)

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
K
Online Content
K
Hey folks who commented on my "Letter From Home", thank you so much for the kind words.

Almost not insane some of the time.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
21 Sandalholme

Never have I heard so many trills from so few pieces! You are a hero, or at least your fingers must be. Mostly written in minor keys, the music from this period exudes so much charm, which is hard to beat.
And such lovely playing. Well done. Hugely enjoyable.

22 Flygbladet

What exciting rhythm, such drive. My kind of music. Too short! Make it longer . . . .Brilliant choice for you.

23 Kepijapa

Lovely acoustics. Some years agao, Bach's 48 was played in a Spanish house, high ceiling, stone walls, and it sounded similar.
Great job. I admire anyone who stufies Bach. There's so much it leaves little room for anything else.
Superb Playing.

24 Jerzyk19

Plenty going on in there for anone. Well handles, sympathetically played. Very enjoyable.

25 ZolpyW

Thoroughly good sound, and a nicely involved birthday gift which she'd surely like.

26 KevinM

A clean delivery, articulate, and with a light airy touch entirely befitting for the music. Beautiful, and great quiet dynamics which take some doing. Excellent strong false finish to this, followed by the real thing. .

27 Marklings

Great work you do here. If I might; the usual ornaments need clarifying, and strengthening. The piece could aslo be a lot more dynamic, and perhaps a less of an even rhythm would make it a more strident piece, full of life.
This was my wife's favourite which she played on our old Broadwood grand when we had it. She played it about your speed (it's usually much faster, but I personally prefer otherwise).
But you did a fine job.

28 Rachtoven

You did well. I'd slow down a tad; it did sound a little like a race; it's such a tremendously relentless piece that there's little room for anything that's the slightest bit out of tempo being unnticed. It's 99% there anyway . . .

Great recital. Really enjoy listening and commenting. G'night guys!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
J
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
J
I haven’t had a chance to listen to the other recordings but my curiosity pushed me to watch your recording. Very impressive. That was one of the first classical pieces I learned as well but that was after 20 years of teaching myself on pop pieces and organ and clarinet lessons as a child. You figured out this piece better than I did without any teacher I wonder how great you could be with a teacher so I encourage that. I think you can improve your technique quite a bit but with even better technique the piece will really shine. Don’t take that as a criticism. I play this piece in the past as well and I think your overall performance is better than mine. More even tempo because someone doesn’t count. (Me) But I think my current piano teacher would be all over you for your technique. I say as long as you are enjoying it and don’t hurt yourself there’s no problem. She’s not letting me get away with it though. That said I think you have a talent. I hope you keep it up.

Can I ask what your typical practice regimen consists of? Do you just play pieces or do you practice scales, exercises? Method books? I’m interested how you achieved this level of play in only 1.5 years. Also have you tried this piece on an acoustic piano? Notice any difference? Does your left hand get fatigued?

Sorry this a question for 32. The pathetique presenter. Sorry on my iPhone.

Last edited by Jethro; 05/20/22 07:00 PM.
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Rickster
12 Ted Jones; The Fourth Ace by Ted Jones; Wow, sounds sophisticated, Ted! Similar to other Classical pieces, yet different, because it is your own composition! I'm impressed, and I admire you!

Gosh, sophisticated and classical, raise the flag, I've never been called those things. Thanks for the implied compliments and I am pleased you found something to like. We are all musically formed by our personal nature and ambient experience, you by the jazz and blues which you play superbly, me by a grotesque mixture of influence in a culturally isolated country (it isn't isolated now but it was sixty years ago).

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
32. Agrajag- You have only been playing a year and a half??? You have got to be kidding me? Can't wait to hear you in another year and a half. Listz etudes? smile

33.candela- Very pretty and very nicely played.

34. Purrblast- Another beauriful piece wonderfully played. Great feeling.

35.winterflower- A very delicate delightful work.

36. Tyschoco- Doesn't sound at all last minute. Well done.

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
07. stevedoz - Danzas argentinas Op. 2, no 2, Danza de la moza donosa
I’m not familiar with the piece, but really enjoyed your performance - such an atmospheric composition. It would have been quite a challenge (even for people with very big hands). smile

04. QuentinP - WTK1 Fugue 1 C major
Successful? Definitely! I thought the Fugue sounded crystal clear, and you played it beautifully.

18. lilypad - Nightfall
A ‘simple’ piece, most sensitively played. My favourite type of music!

28. Rachtoven - Invention No. 8
Energetic and fun. It seemed highly polished to me, and you deserve to be very happy with the result.

02. MarieJ - Luminous
Apart from the key signatures (5 flats to 4 sharps and back again!), at first glance I didn’t expect this piece to be particularly challenging. But the more I worked on it, the more I struggled - until I realised that the secret lies in the silence rather than the notes. smile

Totally new to me, and I can see how Bruckner may have been considered a ‘groundbreaker’ for minimalism. I really enjoyed your performance of this gentle piece - lovely dynamics!

11. Rickster - "Heart of Georgia Boogie”
Takes me straight back to my rock’n’roll days! You gave your Casio, your voice and your Tokai G180 a terrific workout - super!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LXVI

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
K
K
Here is my first batch of comments, the most difficult part of the recital.

01. Calavera - Forever Rachel : Beautiful piece of music, beautifully played, you create a nice atmosphere. Your piano also sounds perfect

02. MarieJ - Luminous : This also sounds very beautiful, I like the sound, what piano did you use in pianoteq (Steinway, felt, close mic?). First two pieces in this recital are very atmospheric. Perfectly played

03. Sam S - Idyll Also a very moody piece, actually the first three pieces of the recital go together perfectly. The clarinet sounds very good, perfect combination with the piano. You must be enjoying playing together with your wife; I hope there is some solution for arthritis problems.

04. QuentinP - WTK1 Fugue 1 C major Nicely played. I know, it looks so easy on paper, until you try. You do a good job, sounds clear and articulated

05. briangmoore - Chanson Sounds good to me. Maybe a little faster and flowing. Somehow you make an American type of sound always.

06. pianist685 (Constantin) - She's a lady Now whats that singing! That must be really big fun, I would love to be able to do that, but I am afraid my family would throw me out of the house. The song is a little too much for me. Where Briangmoore is typically American, this is typically German, although the composer is English. But how did you do it, you have a soundtrack, and just improvise on top and start singing. Looks very difficult to me. Besides I always forget the text.

07. stevedoz - Danzas argentinas Op. 2, no 2, Danza de la moza donosa This is just awesome, my type of music. I like it a lot, the dissonances mixed with the rhythm and longing yearning sound. You do that perfectly. I think I need to try this too

08. AndresVel - Piano Sonata No. 16 in C major, KV 545 That was quite an achievement. Playing almost 15 min from memory without screwing up is already very difficult. You playing is very clear and precise, with a lot of attention to detail, but the first and last movement a bit faster would be better, than automatically you would get it more singing, flowing, with better defined phrases. What also helps a lot is to play simultaniously/on top with a known recording by some famous pianist. Mitchuko Ushida plays it very nicely. You will never get it the same, but it gives a good feeling for the flow. I do this a lot (to get Bach rhythm right).

09. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Sonata in E Major K 380 A yes, I know it from Horowitz. Your rendition is quite perfect and musically OK, very well done, I enjoyed it.

10. Peyton - Etude #2 : It is a nice etude, meditative and with nice sonorities. The octaves sounded good to me. I guess this one would feel very different when playing a real grand, especially the bass octaves. Hope you can get a new grand soon.

11. Rickster - "Heart of Georgia Boogie" Great, now some real fun, I really like your style and singing, but you have to be at least from Georgia to be able to do that convincingly. Afraid I am stuck with Bach.

12. Ted Jones - The Fourth Ace Heavy stuff. I can hear some directions in it, some nice harmonies and melodies, but it is so evasive, never a real climax. Do you have a structure in your head beforehand, or is that too restrictive? It is clear a free mind is at work here. And you are absolutely right it doesnt make much sense putting a lot of effort trying to reproduce preprinted music over and over again, I often wonder what I am doing and why. About the missing ace, looks you discovered that after about 6 minutes and got very sad.

13. peterws - Summertime Ended A nice murder of someone elses. I am still lightyears away from your level of creativity, so I am very impressed. I am still trying to murder Bach, but he has been dead too long already to be really upset. Can only upset his fans.

14. facdo - Elegie Op.3 No.1 Your playing is close to perfect, indeed the fast double notes are a bit problematic still, but that must be difficult to do. Practicing lots of double thirds and so on probably helps. Otherwise, very well played, very careful. Piano recording sounds very good, and a very nice piano off course. Quite courageous just to step into a shop and get all this organized.

15. Serge88 - Ballade pour Adeline Ah, very famous. You play it very nicely. You get a very good sound out of Piantoeq, which also depends on the player off course.

16. QuasiUnaFantasia - Fantasie in G major I quite like it, never listened to it before. Indeed magical, but also a bit long and monotonous (minimal). You do a very good job playing it.

17. Ido - Waltz Op.70 No.3 Very beautiful Chopin walse, very well played, sounded perfect.

18. lilypad - Nightfall : a very nice composition and well played. I didnt know it.

19. thepianoplayer416 - Sonatina in G (Anh. 5): Moderato - Romanze : Beethoven I always find a bit problematic. His sonatas are too long and difficult, and the rest cant really inspire me. But you give it a good try, congratulations.

20. Snejana - The Ones Out of Place Thank you for reminding us, and the tribute to Ukraine. I am not feeling to good about enjoying myself, playing piano, while people in Ukraine get their work, homes and lives destroyed just for some geopolitical games and some idiot in command. Your improvistation sounded wonderful.

33. candela - Nordic Themes Nos 8 and 11

Very nice! A little Jan Johansson feeling, never heard the pieces before or Erland Sjunesson. The slower tempo you have is better than the YouTube version. Impressive you can get that sound out of a FP30X, almost sublime, on a fine Grand piano I’m sure it will be sublime. Íd like to hear you with this piece on a grand piano with longer sustain, maybe a Bösendorfer like another guy in this recital, and the slow tempo let the tones sing out and blend, twisting between major and minor. I should get the notes. But this year is Hugo Alfvén 150 anniversary year, so should try something from him in next recital.

I imagine you can get even more music out of the notes on a fine grand. The tone is light and shimmering, Nordic light. The Nordic light sound people talk about in our orchestras. (Compared to the more dense in Germany and Austria.) Maybe it comes from our living folk music tradition.

Check out Jesper Norberg if you like Jan Johansson. I heard him at a Church in Dalarna and was fascinated.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/4ICgaZuZSLpXsclBmyP5Ry

Last edited by Swede; 05/21/22 06:24 AM.

Piano primate amateur
By the way, I saw svt has released season one of “I döda mästares sällskap” with Hans Pålsson, again, very inspiring about six masters at the Piano.

https://www.svtplay.se/i-doda-mastares-sallskap

It´s in Swedish and I guess only available in Sweden. Sorry.

Last edited by Swede; 05/21/22 08:51 AM.

Piano primate amateur
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Info on Bernhard Stopper's TUNIC software products
by Daniel Stopper - 08/09/22 07:57 AM
Roland V-Piano vs Pure Accoustic
by overthinker - 08/09/22 06:41 AM
Alternative to replacing hammer felts?
by chopin_r_us - 08/09/22 04:36 AM
Boston UP-118S opinions
by skern49 - 08/08/22 10:22 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics214,308
Posts3,214,959
Members106,041
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission