2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
37 members (BobTB, Belger1900, brennbaer, @joycepersonal, 5/1/19249, Boboulus, akers, beeboss, 36251, 7 invisible), 3,610 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3219399 05/26/22 11:30 AM
F

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
F
Can I upload a photo from my Facebook page?

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
You can probably provide the link of the picture on FB.

If you want the picture to show up in the thread, you can go to Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos. Upload your picture. Copy the image link and it into the thread.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by FarmGirl
Can I upload a photo from my Facebook page?

I'm not that computer savvy, but you can post the FB page where the photo is shown, and others may be able to see it. As for extracting the photo itself from the FB page and posting it here, you might be able to do that with a multi-step process. Save the photo posted on FB as "save as" and save it on your PC and then upload it to a photo hosting site, and then you can post it in the post page here.

Other than that, I'm not sure. I've tried to copy the link address of a photo on FB, and post that here, but PW photo posting doesn't seem to recognize that photo link address for some reason. I'll try that with this photo, but this is what it looks like... [img]https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=450572147072149&set=a.213530484109651&__cft__[0]=AZUPsqFTaag6Kekdfl0kSsFeylaDlZLHSQN-pR1-5u4m10_0RMbNZeZ9WgHgq3HFp1MTbNSpsFRA-mw6OrTQ3Cx5Tjxw_DEWQEf1_Vo4Q6TtA5bxsg8PPGb9cggzZu66QODt92GrRYapAdIReWSRAsg5tJgLKxhIRbXbCqVY5YIrS0enGuzsvueIuy2u-PwHffjrapmBYLbqUVLqYLuXnHTe&__tn__=EH-R[/img]

Maybe others know a better way to upload a photo from FB.

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
To use the img tag like [img]URL to your image here[/img] you need to put a direct link to the image file. Facebook URLs are not direct image links but resource URLs that point to the FB web site.

You can upload your images to a hosting site like https://imgur.com/ (this is what I use). When you upload an image on imgur and click on it it displays a bunch of links on the right side. Just copy the one called BBCode and paste that into your message.

[Linked Image]

F

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
F

F

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
F
I did not see so many options. Only copy link options.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Imgur has images and "posts". In the upper right corner click on the menu and choose images.

I did not see so many options. Only copy link options.

I clicked on your links, FarmGirl, and copied the URL address and posted in the Full Editor reply page; copy image address URL (starts with http:// and ends with jpeg or jpg); when you copy the URL address, click the picture icon (with blue sky) at the top of full editor post page, and paste the URL address in the drop-down window (make sure http:// doesn't appear twice, because it is already there in the drop-down window), then click OK. You can click on "Preview Reply" to see if your pic was posted.

Nice looking music room, by-the-way!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
When looking for links to post photos, often, the correct link ends in jpg, and if you see a link that doesn't end in that, it may not work.

Also, sometimes you can post photos from other pages by looking at the link, chopping off everything that comes after the jpg, and then putting that inside [img][/img].

If you're using a laptop, you can try to right click on a photo and select "copy image location" and that often works as well.

More importantly, what is this a photo of, Farm Girl? Are you hosting a piano party?? smile

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
When looking for links to post photos, often, the correct link ends in jpg, and if you see a link that doesn't end in that, it may not work.

Also, sometimes you can post photos from other pages by looking at the link, chopping off everything that comes after the jpg, and then putting that inside [img][/img].

If you're using a laptop, you can try to right click on a photo and select "copy image location" and that often works as well.

More importantly, what is this a photo of, Farm Girl? Are you hosting a piano party?? smile

I was thinking the same thing, Dr. ShiroKuro. smile

Kind of reminds me of the Piano Buddies events. Looks like plenty of room for a nice group!

Rick

F

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
F
I hosted piano club meeting tonight first time in 2.5 years. That’s what I wanted to write about. I could not figure out in time. We take turns to host it once in a month. Each time about 10 people perform.

I played an etude by Ernst Haberbier. My other pieces are all in the middle = not done. So I decided to read this short piece and bring it up to performance level after the school was over. I only had about a week. I put in significant effort. My hubby shook his head, “I cannot believe anyone who call it a fun?” It was not perfect by any means but I was able to bring out a drama in the piece. So it was not so badly done. Now I have to go back to my regular pieces. I need to sleep soon but I’m still on post performance high.

I hosted piano club meeting tonight first time in 2.5 years. That’s what I wanted to write about. I could not figure out in time. We take turns to host it once in a month. Each time about 10 people perform.

I played an etude by Ernst Haberbier. My other pieces are all in the middle = not done. So I decided to read this short piece and bring it up to performance level after the school was over. I only had about a week. I put in significant effort. My hubby shook his head, “I cannot believe anyone who call it a fun?” It was not perfect by any means but I was able to bring out a drama in the piece. So it was not so badly done. Now I have to go back to my regular pieces. I need to sleep soon but I’m still on post performance high.

Sounds good, Farmgirl! Yes, that is what we do with the Piano Buddies group also. And, usually around 10 or 12 people, although there has been as many as 20 or more. The numbers dropped off a good bit during COVID-19 and hasn't quite recovered to what it once was.

And, I know about "post performance high", and "post performance depression". smile

Rick

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
FarmGirl, congratulations! that sounds awesome! And tell your hubby, yep, we all think that sounds like something that would be fun to do! grin

When you have rested up, let us know how the party was, what people played etc.

Or maybe even start a new thread because a lot of people might not realize what this thread is about. smile

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha Piano P80 vs P120
by Love Musictc - 06/30/22 05:16 AM
Modulation Help...
by @joycepersonal - 06/30/22 04:07 AM
Kawai VPC 1 / Pianoteq latency question
by DFx - 06/29/22 10:35 PM
Best tuning hammer for $100
by onerj - 06/29/22 05:56 PM
Mendolson-Liszt Lieder s.547
by danno858 - 06/29/22 04:28 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,734
Posts3,204,349
Members105,678
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission