2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
86 members (accordeur, Carey, Abdol, Aaron McKeon, antune, brennbaer, 16 invisible), 614 guests, and 254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
OP Offline
G
I have a new teacher now. She is turbocharged, yikes! It's going to take me a while to learn how she thinks and how she approaches piano.

She wants me to do some Czerny exercises. I got the books she recommended but the print is so small, squashed together as old style.

My eyesight can't manage that, nor can I manage looking at an electronic screen for very long.

Do they make Czerny exercises available in large print for those of us who can't manage the old style of squashed print?

Thanks,
geo

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Just about anything Czerny composed is available on IMSLP where there should be a choice of editions of some of his more popular works. Perhaps there you could find one with more legible print than that found in the editions you bought. Some that I found are in conventional, "modern" printings.

They are free, of course, and you could print out only the particular exercises and studies that you need to work on, rather than print out an entire volume of such works.

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by geopianoincanada
the print is so small, squashed together as old style.

Hi Geo! I also have great problems reading small, squashed together notes. An easy, but maybe expensive solution, is to go to a copy shop and ask them to copy the score twice as big.

A very laborious solution is to learn Musescore, try to find the scores there, and adapt them according to your own preferences. Alternatively, create a pdf-file of the notes, convert them to a musescore file, and again, adapt them according to your own preferences. As I said, a very laborious solution...

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
i have done that once with musescore - it was actually quite easy, i simply moved the line returns so there were less measures to a line. my only hesitation is having musescore convert that pdf to one of their mscxz or whatever file format that is - doing my changes, then re-uploading to my account on musescore AS PRIVATE. one of my biggest fears is being accused of a copyright violation when i am just trying to read things easier - or convert something i owned from 40 years ago - to something i can play along with.

There's always time to learn something new.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by krumpetina
my only hesitation is having musescore convert that pdf to one of their mscxz or whatever file format that is - doing my changes, then re-uploading to my account on musescore AS PRIVATE. one of my biggest fears is being accused of a copyright violation when i am just trying to read things easier - or convert something i owned from 40 years ago - to something i can play along with.

Krumpetina, I have converted pdf's to musescore many, many times, and I simply download the mscz file to my computer. Then I open the app musescore in my computer, I open the converted file, and after I have made my changes, I save that mscz-file in my computer. Then I make a pdf file out of it, that I also save in my computer. So I never re-upload that file back to musescore, and it feels completely safe. No risk for being accused of a copyright violation!

But maybe you don't have a musescore app on your computer? Here you can download it: https://musescore.org/en/download

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
These cool lights: DIY or equipment to buy somewhere?
by PianoStartsAt33 - 08/15/22 12:58 PM
Expression pedal for Yamaha P125
by Gary L - 08/15/22 12:54 PM
Is this too much to ask?
by Animisha - 08/15/22 10:51 AM
Is this too much to ask?
by Animisha - 08/15/22 08:31 AM
Recital #67 - August 15th 2022
by AB Forum Recital - 08/15/22 06:07 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics214,409
Posts3,216,513
Members106,089
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission