2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, accordeur, antune, 11 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Simon_b
Thanks Rick

The rubbish was played in the previous 2.5 minutes!
Started working on new boogie LH pattern this pm, but couldn't get it smooth enough to record anything today.
I did record a blues this afternoon, which I may post.

On that topic where do other people post their videos, so they upload them here? The only way I know is via my YouTube channel, which is fine, but I'm not keen on posting works in progress there.

Cheers

I'm the same way about my YT Channel, Simon. Sometimes I record music videos that I'd rather not post on my YT Channel (yet). I have been using "Dropbox" to upload some of my music videos, or just the MP3 recordings and post them here. My ISP connection is slow (real slow), and the videos take a while to upload to Dropbox, but the MP3 files upload to Dropbox quickly; and, Dropbox is free.

Others may have better suggestions. I know some have used Google Drive, but I can't seem to download and watch/listen to anything on Google Drive (maybe I'm not signed up for it or don't have the app?). Also, Vimeo/Venmo (?) is an option, but I there is a monthly subscription fee for that.

All the best!

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks Rick

Google drive would be great for me, as I use a Chromebook.
But I've no idea how to link a file from there onto the forum.
Perhaps somebody else will know.

Cheers

Simon

Casio PX-S3000
Korg SV2S (73)

ABRSM Grade 7 distinction 2023.
Decent blues/rock Pianist.
Try to play Jazz Piano, but pretty rubbish.
Studying ABRSM grade 8 now.

L
lilypad Online Content OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Online Content
500 Post Club Member
L
Simon - Your improvisation sounded great. I've never seen the show, Taxi, but love that theme. You look like you're playing a keyboard in the video, but I recall seeing a post awhile back where you mentioned expecting delivery of a vibraphone and learning to play it. Any chance of seeing a demo of where you are on that?

I have Google drive, but had already been using Box, another free service, for sharing audio files here. I tried Google drive once, when I thought Box wasn't working, but I must have done something wrong because the file wouldn't open on this thread. I know it can be done, because I've seen threads where people have shared at least audio files from there.

Yamaha DGX500
Yamaha CLP-635

My other hobby - gardening for an audience. https://naturescaping.org/the-gardens/entrance-garden/
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Rickster
thepianoplayer416 - I enjoyed listening, and watching, your Clementi Sonata. You played it well, and your piano sounds good. It was pleasant to listen to.

Thanks for your comments. Will start working on the next movement shortly.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Lilypad

Yes I got the Vibraphone. It's marvellous, though ironically I've been playing drums more than anything recently.
Here's a piece I wrote on it shortly after getting it.

Cheers

Simon

Casio PX-S3000
Korg SV2S (73)

L
500 Post Club Member
OP Online Content
500 Post Club Member
L
Hi Lilypad

Yes I got the Vibraphone. It's marvellous, though ironically I've been playing drums more than anything recently.
Here's a piece I wrote on it shortly after getting it.

Cheers

Simon_b - Very cool. Thank you for sharing that. You look and sound like you know your way around on that.

Yamaha DGX500
Yamaha CLP-635

My other hobby - gardening for an audience. https://naturescaping.org/the-gardens/entrance-garden/
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks Lilypad

I think most keyboard players would be able to play a decent tune on a Vibraphone after a relatively short time. I have played one before as I used to be in a Jazz band with a Vibraphone player, and occasionally we'd swap instruments. That said the 4 stick thing is new to me.

Anyway I don't want to hijack the thread so will leave it at that.

I look forward to hearing more pieces from everyone.

Cheers

Simon

Casio PX-S3000
Korg SV2S (73)

Thanks Lilypad

I think most keyboard players would be able to play a decent tune on a Vibraphone after a relatively short time. I have played one before as I used to be in a Jazz band with a Vibraphone player, and occasionally we'd swap instruments. That said the 4 stick thing is new to me.

Anyway I don't want to hijack the thread so will leave it at that.

I look forward to hearing more pieces from everyone.

Cheers

I enjoyed listening to your Vibraphone demo/tune, Simon! I agree with lilypad, you certainly have an ability to play it, with a good level of competency!

It is amazing how music can be transferred from one instrument to another. I know playing my stringed instruments over the years did help me a little when I started learning to play the piano (much later in life). Many years ago, I bought a used accordion from a coworker, just out of curiosity, and I learned to coax a tune out of it well enough to play it at Church on occasion. But the congregation were pretty nice, forgiving folks. smile

A great addition to the piano bar, which can include other musical instrument on occasion. smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
Online Content
Piano was tuned today and so I have tried to record a short extract from the Bach French suite nos. 1 in D minor. This is the first minuet....still quite some work to do on it but perhaps the best recording I will achieve this evening.

keff #3239833 08/08/22 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by keff
Piano was tuned today and so I have tried to record a short extract from the Bach French suite nos. 1 in D minor. This is the first minuet....still quite some work to do on it but perhaps the best recording I will achieve this evening.

Sounds really good, keff! Your piano sounds great! I enjoyed listening!

Rick

L
500 Post Club Member
OP Online Content
500 Post Club Member
L
keff - Congratulations on your progress on the French Suite. Your playing and great piano sound were worth waiting for!

Yamaha DGX500
Yamaha CLP-635

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi

Thanks for your kind words Rick.

Keff, I enjoyed the Bach, thanks for posting.

Cheers

Simon

Casio PX-S3000
Korg SV2S (73)

Online Content
Thank you Rick, Lilypad and Simon b for your kind words.

Here is the Sarabande from the same suite which is slower than the minuet and therefore more comfortable to read from the page. Nevertheless could do with more practise.

Another nice one, keff! Love the sound of your piano! thumb

Rick

Online Content
Thanks again Rick. My tuner is the head piano technician at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester. Each time she visits it sounds great and to my ears it then holds tune pretty good apart from when there are large humidity swings. In the last week or two humidity has varied between 60 and 75% in our part of the UK. In February it can fall between 20-35%. Next winter I intend to purchase a humidifier.

L
500 Post Club Member
OP Online Content
500 Post Club Member
L
keff - that sounded very nice. I think your piano group is going to like it!

I looked it up. Only 3 more movements to go!

Yamaha DGX500
Yamaha CLP-635

Online Content
Originally Posted by lilypad
I looked it up. Only 3 more movements to go!

Thank you Lilypad.

It is tempting to study the remaining movements of this first suite but at the moment I have little idea of their tempo and won't get back to my lessons until early September. (Suppose I could listen to some recordings.) In previous weeks I did spend time practising both minuets from suite no.3 in B minor which are quite well known but there are a couple of movements from suite no. 5 in G which have now caught my eye, the gavotte and the bourree.

Here is one of my original songs entitled "I'd travel to the ends of the earth for you". The song is simple, and has a country flair, but the lyrics were inspired by an actual event that happened many years ago.

My late wife (of 42 years), Barbara, worked as an RN (Registered Nurse) and was working the evening shift at a hospital about 45 minutes away. She called me about 11:00pm and said she had accidently locked her keys in her car at work, and could I bring the extra set of keys and unlock her car. I did, and after I unlocked the car she gave me a hug and said thank you. I said to her, "Barbara, I'd travel to the ends of the earth for you". I loved her dearly.

That event inspired me to write the lyrics to the song. Here's the recording, via Dropbox:

"I'd travel to the ends of the earth for you"

Rick

Online Content
Bravo Rick, nicely played and sung. Thank you for sharing the story behind the song.

Was that a third grand piano in the background ?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Rick

A heartfelt song Rick. Both well played and sung.
Thanks for posting.

I have a new composition called "Green Light Boogie", which I hope to post later this month or next.
It's fully notated (on an app called Music Writer), I've just got to learn to play it!

Cheers

Simon

Casio PX-S3000
Korg SV2S (73)

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission