2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (Barly, bobrunyan, brennbaer, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 8 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 136 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 135 136
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Digitus:
Originally posted by snoopycar:
[b] No.... Japan imports.
So are these re-conditioned pianos or new ones? [/b]
oops, i didn't mention, of course used imports lah. laugh You must be thinking car parallel importers.. i saw 1 6mths K8 at $9000 hehehe gotcha :p did your heartbeat skip?

Hailun dealer in Johor Bahru base in Ulu Tiram
Genio Silent system installer
Piano Tuner tech +65 90228720 Singapore & JB 012 7702587
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
oops, i didn't mention, of course used imports lah. laugh You must be thinking car parallel importers.. i saw 1 6mths K8 at $9000 hehehe gotcha :p did your heartbeat skip?
Ah gray market pianos. Good price for the K-8! Even if I had known I would probably still have bought a new one. That $9K price for the used K-8 tells me that my piano will have good re-sale value should I change my piano in the future for the Shigeru Kawai SK3. When I win the lottery!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Artemov, don't worry or rush into piano, it comes naturally... Maybe one day you pass by some piano shop, and hear me playing ballad pour adeline, and you finds it romantic and buy one piano immeadiately to learn.....

A
artemov Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi snoopycar,

Wah ... maybe I will find you romantic and ... oops ... just joking lah.
I used to listen to Richard Clayderman a great deal when I was young. But these days I listen mostly to classical music, especially the Baroque, Classical, early Romantic periods.

Yah, I am taking it slowly. It's a big investment and I am worried about the economy too frown

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
No need big investment to get satisfaction.
You need to be able to find the lowest cost piano, that performs to good specf. Means that it has been "prepared" by a Piano tech that has a great heart that cares. What i mean is that the piano might have some cosmetic imperfection, but mechanically and acoustically great. There are means and ways to obtain these 3.5 star piano.

You'll have to accept her "old age". it may be older than you. But the body is great. She just had her beauty surgery done - i mean her vocal cords...... Her self consious have been re-programmed. She execrise regularly so that the pivots are not sticky. She have just bought new leather high heels and she can jump very high - the actions were replaced.

I mean there are used japanese piano where the actions and strings have been replace. Casing repolish or repolyestered. But, it still need voicing to bring the tone to a acceptable level. Hammer need to be realigned to the strings, need to re-regulate everything. Hard to find one, but it's possible. if interested, i can help you .... be thick skin like me, i bring you go piano shopping... $2000~$2800 can already.

Nevermind you can't play do-re-mi, 3 keys isn't too hard. Soon you can play fa-so-la-ti-to...

Jay Offline
I wonder how many pianos are imported into Singapore annually - 1) Used (majority grey piano from japan) and 2) New (japanese, chinese, european).

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
hehehe, here's the link to my piano idol wink
Really admire her talent, so amazing, words can't describe.. and so cute.

http://www.clareyeo.com

we support you....... "jia you" (cheering)

Hi Digitus, I don't know if the dealer has quoted me the wrong price but I've also asked the price of the K-5 and they are just RM10k cheaper than the K8 which means it is still few thousand more expensive than the price you paid for the K-8. So I guess the price for the K-8 is correct. Well, I wonder if I could buy in Singapore and shipped it to Malaysia as used furniture smile . I guess after adding the shipping cost it still a lot cheaper. By the way, have you asked the price of the Shigeru Kawai SK3? Here is selling at RM126k. I tried it b4 and it is amazing!
Thank you for the recommendation on Yamaha but I don't really like the tone of Yamaha. It is too bright for me. I tried a few used Yamaha and their sound pierce my ears. so I guess they don't age well.

Kawai k8-as
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
jarjar, buying in Singapore and shipping to Malaysia is an option I guess, as long as Robert Piano does not have any agreement with the Malaysian Kawai agent to avoid cross-border sales. I guess you could always arrange delivery yourself. But your shipper must know how to handle/crate pianos properly.

About the YUS5 it was worth listening to right? At least you know what your choices are in that price range.

Yes I agree with you about the SK3. I'll PM the price to you. In Singapore its significantly cheaper than the Steinway upright!!

Right, my brother is in Singapore. Maybe I could let the piano being delivered to his place then I shipped to KL by myself. My brother had shipped some furniture back from Singapore to KL so I guess it is not a problem but dunno about any tax from custom or not. Will try to check out the Yamaha this weekend. They are Shimmel upright in Malaysia too but haven't tried it yet.

Kawai k8-as
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I personally find the Schimmel tone a little to bright for my taste. They are known as the European Yamaha. Ironically, Yamaha owns just under 25% of Schimmel.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi Digitus, have your new K8 arrive at home?
Having fun already ?? .... new wood aroma..hmmmm

Jay Offline
jarjar, if not mistaken you will have to settle a 15 + 10% (duty + sales tax) if you bring piano into Malaysia, be it used or new. And, I believe piano in Singapore is relatively cheaper than in Malaysia because Singapore only pay GST of 4-5%?

As for Kawai agent in Malaysia the last I heard Robert (Singapore) took over the Kawai agency from KC United in Malaysia.

Regards.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi Digitus, have your new K8 arrive at home?
Having fun already ?? .... new wood aroma..hmmmm
Yes, it arrived just before noon yesterday. But the delivery was only mildly exciting -- three guys had to slide the piano on its sled two floors down to my flat. Compare this to the delivery of Wzkit's Sauter grand, carried 24 floors up to his flat.

I've been getting keyboard time in before leaving on a trip tonight. Away for 7 days...aargh! frown

And the piano already needs a tuning. I'll give it 3 or 4 weeks before I call in Mr Chiu. Might be earlier if I can't take it anymore! :p

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Wow..you make it sound like my Sauter delivery was the mother of all piano moves :p

But then again, it probably was!

P.S I think you can get your first tuning around 2 weeks after delivery

Sauter 185 Delta with accelerated action and burl walnut fallboard
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Wizkit
Wow, does it cost $100 per floor ? That's what i heard ..... that makes $2400 !!! got ask for discount(typical singaporean style) ?? hehehe

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Wzkit:
Wow..you make it sound like my Sauter delivery was the mother of all piano moves :p

But then again, it probably was!

P.S I think you can get your first tuning around 2 weeks after delivery
Well, yours is the first I've heard of a piano of any description (let alone an expensive 6 foot+ grand) being hauled up 24 storeys!

I think two weeks is about right. I don't think I can tolerate the piano being out of tune much beyond that! Anyway, I've got 3 free tunings for the first year.

Unfortunately, my ears are somewhat fussy, and I'm toying with the idea of doing touch-up tunings myself, or get help from one of my friends who tunes his own Petrof grand.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
pppsss, don't let robert knows you idea.... smile

Wow, hauled up 24 storeys? Why didn't use the lift? My piano was sent to my 13th floor using the lift so it is quite an easy job.

Jay, you mean I have to pay 25% of tax? I heard that we could shipped it back as used furniture, not musical intrument then could bypass the tax. I heard a lot of Japanese grands are imported in this way.

Kawai k8-as
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Lift was too small in my flat for the piano to fit in. So, there really wasn't any choice. Anyway, I had already factored in the cost of transport ($140 per floor) into the final price, so it wasn't an issue. Its better to pay a little more to get really good movers to do it, especially in a hazardous move like this one! Better not be penny wise, but pound foolish!

Sauter 185 Delta with accelerated action and burl walnut fallboard
Page 7 of 136 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 135 136

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission