2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, 36251, benkeys, 9 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 136 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 135 136
Yes jarjar, I was in KL for 3days last weekend, visiting my old friend. Besides i get a chance to see more piano brand from many top piano dealer in town such as vienna music (dealer of challen and c.steinberg) and RC piano(kawai's). I missed a chance to visit Wagner piano near the berjaya t.s since it was closed the day i visited due to certain reason (I really eager to try the petrof series). And i also missed to visit yamaha near the subang jaya due (due to my limited time). " Vienna music" appears to hv one refurbished Steinways and sons grand.. I finally get to try one..beautiful singing tone.

When i was at the RC,there are 3 grands at the show room, and one of them are marked "sold" on top of it and its GM10,..hmmm It was just my guess, it's the one U bought since you always mentioned about "RC piano" in your previous thread..and its happened to be true (after i was told by the charming dealer, she is one of pianoworld member too..hehe)..First i tried the RX, then the GM10 and finally the shigeru. The truth is, (with my untrained ears and skills) i can't find any different between the RX and GM10, but one thing for sure, both are excellent sound and action..far-far more better than grand tht i tried bfor. I was told by the dealer that some people claimed the RX action is heavier than GM10 (beside the "heavier" money u have to put for the RX..lol) To me, both action are flawless..the the shigeru..aahhhhhhhh..Im speechless..im in heaven..haha.. I was told the shigeru is fresh..newly unpacked from the crater..I also tried the K3 upright and i love it..

It was a great experience for me to try many kinds of piano in KL.. and I defenitely will come back next time....

I wish u many many years of enjoyment with ur GM10..

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
piano is so "addictive"....... i need to hear the sound of piano all day..... hehehe

Hailun dealer in Johor Bahru base in Ulu Tiram
Genio Silent system installer
Piano Tuner tech +65 90228720 Singapore & JB 012 7702587
Hi Erwandy, glad to hear you have a great time in KL. Wagner has a store in berjaya times square? I dind't know that. I've treid the Petrof 6 ft grand in the SS2 showroom and not very impressed with it and the price is rocket high. Actually, there is a Yamaha GB1 and Kawai GE30 in Chamber Music at 4th floor, Sungai Wang plaza. I've tried the GB1 and it is an excellent piano too.

Yes the SKII is fresh, just opened 2 week before. They had a SK III before but sold already. Personally I think this SKII is better than the SKIII that I tried b4. They used to have 2 RX there but 1 went for exam. That RX is much different than the one in the showroom now probably because it has been seasoned. I personally feel that GM10's touch is heavier than the RX2. Maybe that RX2 has not been regulated. Anyway that RX2 is selling RM20k more expensive than the GM10 which I don't see the reason of spending RM20k more for it. The GE30 would be a better choice.

Kawai k8-as
S
S
Hi to all here :-)
I'am thinking of buying my first acoustic piano (currently using a digital) and would like to get some advise from the experts here.
For those of you who own an acoustic piano, what is the maintenance cost like? I know that it has to be tuned every half a year, so what's the average cost per tuning?
Also, does the heater and dehumidifier use a lot of electricity? How much more in electrical bills per month do you pay for these?
Thanks!

Hi Erwandy,
Glad to know that you have tried the SK II too. Wow...How i wish i got a chance to own that. The price is just like the Millenium 3 action..........SUPERB!!!!!!!!! frown
You describe Jess as CHARMING??? Wow....i hope after she read your message she will not ROTFL. smile

The RX is very bright. Maybe it is big. However, the SKII is same size as the RX 2. The sound of SKII is just nice.

Hmmm...maybe we should have a meet up or we should have a "little concert" between ourself. I think it will be GREAT.

Jay Offline
sping....
Basic maintenance cost - acoustic piano varies from country to country. But here is what I have gathered over the years.

1) Tuning ~ SGD35-SGD55 per/session (ideally twice in a year)
2) Regulation ~ SGD140-SGD210 per/session (perform once every 2-3 years or when needed), excluding replacement of parts, if needed.

Heater. I don't think it uses a lot of electricity as the heating rod usually ~ 25-45watts.

Dehumidifier. It depends to the environment. If is constantly humid, it will keep runing non-stop. I am sure it will cost you some $$$. At the same time it will bring the room temperature up, making it warm. Also, you will need to make sure the water bucket is not full or it will stop operating. Thus, you will have to remove the water several times a day.

Air-Con. This is best method (for humid country) to maintain a good RH. But, it will cost you a bomb $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on your bill laugh .

Regards

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi guys, just a update. I have memorize the Bach french suite V Gigue after 4 weeks, but 80% speed only. Now i can relax for another week till i take up another challange.. hehehe

Tuning frequency? Play A2,A3,A4,A4,A6 with cell phone to your tuner, he places his ETD on the ear piece, and determing if pitch have drop or not.. hehehe.

In reality, tuning frequency depends on how much pre tuning the piano has gone through before sales and alot of factors. Let say the piano has "run-in" and stabilize, it's usually 9~12mth before some notes here and there starts to twang or sounds out of tune. If the player is very sensitive and decerning, then tuning frequency increase... even more if he/she plays piano concerto everyday... haha

Here in the tropics, a 25W heater should suffice.

W
W
Hi guys, I was told that my new Yamaha piano is "factory tuned" but when it arrived, the notes are quite 'wobbly' and it is certainly out of tune. Some keys also twang quite a bit. Anyone has any idea if this is normal? Hopefully all these will be rectified after the 1st tuning... :s

Steinberg, Gerh. (1974), Yamaha U1-Silent
wgol24, the tune will out after the piano movement while being delivered to you. You should tune the piano 3 or 4 weeks after the delivery.

Kawai k8-as
W
WCH Offline
W
You should also get an experienced person to tune your piano. I had the same problem with my U1, after it was tuned by someone who claimed to have many years of experience. That was my greatest regret !

Don't know what he did ... the feel or action of the piano became different and uneven, which makes it difficult to play.

Jay Offline
wgol..
All pianos are prepped before shipping. High quality manufacturers spent more hours on prepping their pianos before leaving the factory. Thus when they arrive at the showroom, these pianos might need just a little tweaking.

Although the pianos are prepped in the factory bare in mind that the RH in the factory and where the piano ended up is totally different. Thus, wood, felt, leather & etc react to humidity and change. As a result, the piano which was prepped at the factory will be off.

It is very important to make sure that the piano is prep properly before delivery to your house. It is the responsibility of the dealer to make sure these are done. Some dealers will do it some don't because it is very time consuming ($$$). Most of the time they rather deliver it from the box and give you maybe 2-3 free tunings.

Prep includes tunings, regulation & voicing

Hey SnoopyCar.......

Congratulation on your new song!!!! I'm so envy you can memorized the song. I'm soooooooooo weak in memorizing song.....specially Classical work. frown

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Oh thankz. At first, i didn't think i can do it. I downloaded the music sheet and couldn't play a few bars. I skip it for a few weeks. I listen to recordings.. save it on my cellphone, listen to it during lunch time and tea breaks. Then i go home after work to "work" on the piece slowly, bar by bar... try lor. This piece is catchy like a classical pop, nicest Cmajor song i know so far. Try to play it Deloris :-), it's free you know..... hehehe

http://www.clareyeo.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZoH57s2IxU&mode=related&search=

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by NW:
You should also get an experienced person to tune your piano. I had the same problem with my U1, after it was tuned by someone who claimed to have many years of experience. That was my greatest regret !

Don't know what he did ... the feel or action of the piano became different and uneven, which makes it difficult to play.
1)Well, it's gotta do with tuning pin-setting. Piano tuning is different from tuning guitar. The pin has to rotate CW then CCW while hitting the key moderately hard to equalize all the forces.

2)if the let-off is and backcheck is not set equal, each keys feels differnt from others, not good....

no need to regret, no damage done... maybe some$$ flew away. So did you manage to find a good tuner tech to fix the problems?
I tuned and regulate my U1 myself. quite satisfying. What's your review of your U1, share leh..... I still can't get tired of it. Although it's not mellow, powerfully clear, little harsh, bearable, but distintively yamaha sound. Key touch is responsive, not too light, not disconnected. Definetly not regrets...

cheers

A
artemov Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Erm ... sorry guys. Didn't mean to intrude.

What's the market rate for a classical piano teacher for adult learner? He or she will have to come to my place.

Cheers.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Which location, time available?
I can check for you. My cousin is a private piano teacher :-)

A
artemov Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Weekends, CCK/Yew Tee area, 5 minutes walk from MRT if not driving. Cheers.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Artemov,
Have you decided on your piano?

Sauter 185 Delta with accelerated action and burl walnut fallboard
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Sale Sale Sale !!

[Linked Image]

W
W
Thanks guys for the assurance. Now I feel a bit better with more hopes that things will be fixed by the 1st tuning. However, to my dismay, I also discovered that the silent unit is not able to play any demo songs, or let me select Hall1/Hall2/Room mode. I called them and was told it 'should be fixed' too on my 1st tuning. sigh. I guess I just gotta wait ...

Steinberg, Gerh. (1974), Yamaha U1-Silent
Page 25 of 136 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 135 136

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission