2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (AndyOnThePiano2, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, 11 invisible), 2,114 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 39 of 136 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 135 136
snoopycar, it is table runner, not table cloth. The size is 13 inches width x 70 inches long. Just the right rize for the music desk area. Since I put on the runner, I don't need to close the desk lid already. I'd like to learn how to tune piano but I don't have a pda frown . Will try to borrow my bf's laptop when he is back to try the tunelab. I notice a few keys has already out of tune almost right after the tunning. I wonder whether the new piano doesn't behave nicely or the tuner's problem. By the way, where can I get all the tuning equipments?

Today I was in the a mall, a music store was doing a mini roadshow and there was an 18 year-old boy playing a very nice song. When I asked, he said he composed it himself. Wow, really talented. I like the song very much. They are selling a piano brand name Wimmbert. I never heard of it and 0 information on web. He said he is in love with he Wimmbert piano's actions. But from the price range, I think it is a China made piano.

Kawai k8-as
Oh, and here is little side story. Today I flipped through my 1st grade piano book. I saw the teacher's hand writting on the book with the date I played that piece. It is 19/06/87! Wow, 20 years....

Kawai k8-as
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
That's when i was in Sec4 playing control car !!!
If i didn't stop learning the piano during the 87~05 period, i could learn a lot deal more on piano techinques. Now i only have some fundamental... satisfied leow.

wow was that some Canon in D ?hehehe

Oh there is a few U.S. suppliers. I order from international piano supply. Oh for you to tune the sour unisons.. you dont need a PDA, just a tuning wrench and a rubber wedge!! The software cost about USD340. Trial s/w is i think 1 note per minute. Tuning is an art. practise make perfect(with proper knowledge). In singapore, cristofori also have, but hve to order. If you want to save on frieght, i can order for you. Theirs is japan tuning wrench, should be good. Mine is Hale brand.

laugh

Hailun dealer in Johor Bahru base in Ulu Tiram
Genio Silent system installer
Piano Tuner tech +65 90228720 Singapore & JB 012 7702587
Thank you so much snoopycar. How much is the tuning wrench?
Nah..where got canon in D for 1st grade book? I also totally didn't touch th piano from 91-06! Imagine that.

Kawai k8-as
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by lolisalo:
hi all!! new to piano world... and also hopefully will get to be new to piano.. cos intending to take up piano..

first of all will be the hunt for the most impt item.. piano!

have sorta decided on a digital piano (dp) for now, being the price and allowing me to put it on headphones.. then probably consider acoustic piano few years down the road if my interest is still intense ..

any recommendations?

been surfing the net quite a bit.. seems that yamaha & korg dp are the better ones..
therefore, deciding between yamaha dgx 620, korg sp250... cost abt $1k-$12k...

my main concern is the weighted keys shld match acoustic types to the best.. althou i noe it'll never be the same...
Hi lolisalo,
Welcome to the thread.

Did you get a yamaha clavinova?
The CLP 120 above should be a good choice :-D

hello..

have just paid for a yamaha dgx620 today at luther musicworks... $1.4k poorer... but happy cos I'VE FINALLY GOT A PIANO!!!!

shall try my best to keep it in the best condition so that i can trade it for an acoustic silent piano few years later.. . :p

and now gotta hunt for a private teacher... smile

can't wait for the piano to arrive!!

music lover..
lisa
HI lolisalo, congratulation on your new piano! But I don't think it will have any resell value after a few years though.

Snoopycar, this is how my piano goes to sleep.

[Linked Image]

Kawai k8-as
then most prob might just keep it for the addtional features for pop piano.. smile

any recommndations for adult beginner's piano books? looking at Alfred Adult Beginners All in 1 book...

music lover..
lisa
S
S
Hi All - Greetings - and chanced upon this forum while doing some research on getting a new piano for the family.

Been thinking of a nice German made upright piano and the choice is now between the Bluthner or the W.Stienberg.... While the Bluther is pricier - I like it becos of the nicer warm sounding tone - any inputs from anyone here? Is the premium over the Steinberg worth it?

And as the old chinese saying goes, 'if the old does not go, the new would not come' - I have a very well maintained Yamaha U3 for sale - serial number is is in the range of 2.2m - please drop me a p.m. to contact me.

Thanks!

R
rzz Offline
R
Hi there,
I finally bought a piano for my daughters last week.
Decided to increase my budget after looking through some shops.
Bt this 5 year U1 from Mr. Kwan. I wld have think it's a gd buy considering the price. Series..597..... About 5 years old.

I am no piano expert, looked through the interior and thought that the hammer looks new and presentable plus the shop is reliable. Hence decided to buy it after 3 visits.

There's another shop worth visiting - Shelley's piano, anyone heard this before? Mostly imports fr Japan.

Loisalo - I heard that Alfred books are pretty good, my girls got those for their lessons, interesting songs .

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by lolisalo:
hello..

have just paid for a yamaha dgx620 today at luther musicworks... $1.4k poorer... but happy cos I'VE FINALLY GOT A PIANO!!!!

shall try my best to keep it in the best condition so that i can trade it for an acoustic silent piano few years later.. . :p

and now gotta hunt for a private teacher... smile

can't wait for the piano to arrive!!
Oh, great!Last time in 98 i almost bought my CVP69 from Luther. He compose jungles for commercials at that time. But after a week, there is a yamaha warehouse sale, so i bought a display unit ... cheaper lor..

Well, it's alway good to keep the digital even after a few year you decide to get a acoustic piano. Can play duet mah....

W
WCH Offline
W
Congratulation, RZZ ! Btw, have you found a teacher for your daughter ?

How much is the tuning wrench? original by jarjar

you mean u going to buy a wrench n start tuning on your grand.Oop,if yes please think of the consequence,
snoopycar i guess is one of a kind who is a handson person, n maybe he have gods gift to be able to tune n learn himself,
eg some piano player like me ,can learn n play piano by selflearning but i will never be a profession player because all my technique n basic fundamental are all wrong,but did quite ok for popmusic just for myself ok,not to perform,

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Oh welcome to the thread, evsu laugh
Thanks for your concern indeed.

Yah lor, full tuning is not a easy task, need muscle power and brain power, and motor power.
If, i guess jarjar was referring some of the sour unisons, a moderately good tuning wrench will do.
(plus lots of will power)

For the treble section for example, each note is 3string. If 1 is slightly out of tune to the other 2, a pulsation sound can be heard, like vibrato. Just need a rubber mute to find out which of the 3 is out of tune. No need a tuning device, just normal ear. Bionic ear even better.

This fine tuning only requires a slight movement or pressure to correct. Dont turn a 1/4 or 1/8 !!!
Maybe it's like 1/1000 of a turn to correct it.
You;ll need a jerking push or pull. Don't turn it like changing a car tyre .. hahaha

Full tuning is not recommended for novice, on a new piano. Better get an upright to learn. Don't be frighten by the guys at the amazing race who even broke a string!!

evsu, let me compliment you for self-learning the piano too. No one says one must learn from teacher and play perfectly. Half pail of water is good enough here......... Can play TongHua, Jolin Tsai, or ballade pour adeline can already.. hehehe
If need more challange and have time, can learn some classical pieces. eerr, i not handsome lah... looks like chinaman hahaah.

Aiya.. relax, wrong fundamentals.. technique... nebermind. as long the music come out right... like a pro!! I think you're doning ok, join us more often for chit chat here smile

P
P
Hi. I would like to sell my grand piano. I have been using it for slightly more than a year. It is a 7 feet long Wilhelm Tell grand piano.

Wizkit has already posted in another thread that it is in a very good condition. There are no damages to it and the tone is still fresh.

I'm selling it because i don't stay in Singapore, because i often have to leave the country.

I will post a picture of my piano later when i get back home.

Any interested parties can pm me.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Wow, is it the Empire, rounded legs? So nice.
And is it a white finishing ;D
I remember gramercy mention someone bought it and had it man lift up to 20 something story apartment!! Sheer determination of strength(2 day MC after that)!!

How's the WT compared to Wizkit super grand?
Lush and thick tone?

R
rzz Offline
R
Hi NW,

Oh yes, I have shortlisted 2 teachers for my daughters. I am fortunate that 2 of them prefer one of them.
5 mins drive from home to her studio. I have started lessons last week and I am keeping my fingers cross that the teacher will cultivate and develop their interest in music.

A
A
today in NZ, Kawai has a sale.
K6 was 17,995 and now 13,995.

I think Singapore is around 11K.

R
R
Popped by Chiu Piano today and the boss was in the process of tuning a 5'8" Schimmel he had just taken delivery of. He somehow managed to squeeze it into his shop right next to the Bosendorfer. He said it would be for display and demo. Should be ready by tomorrow. Must say it was beautifully finished.

RichterForever
Yamaha C3, Yamaha CVP 405

Page 39 of 136 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 135 136

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission