Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Pressley Nordiska Owners - 12/23/21 10:08 PM
Just wonder how many Nordiska owners we have here. I just purchased a 152c 2001 after having a Pearl River gp 159 1999 for a few months,not happy at all with the Pearl River, so the dealer is swapping out for the Nordiska. It is scheduled to deliver today. I was very happy with the sound and action in the store. Fingers crossed.
Posted By: Rich Galassini Re: Nordiska Owners - 12/23/21 10:59 PM
Hi Pressley,

With any Chinese piano from that era, the touch and tone may not be nearly as refined as it could be, because frankly, the Chinese were still learning what "good touch and tone" was. They had fairly limited exposure to a variety of good pianos as examples.

With the right technical work, either piano has potential. So, it could be that the dealer (or the previous owner) of this Nordiska spent some time/money having that done. Or, it could be that this Nordiska just appeals to you more.

In either case, I wish you the nest of luck with your new piano. If you have questions, post them here and we will try to help.

Cheers,
Posted By: Rich Galassini Re: Nordiska Owners - 12/24/21 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Rich Galassini
I wish you the nest of luck with your new piano. If you have questions, post them here and we will try to help.

Cheers,

"nest of luck"?? I meant "BEST OF LUCK!"
Posted By: Pressley Re: Nordiska Owners - 12/25/21 08:27 AM
Thanks Rich. The Nordiska is made much better than PR. Much better scale design. I agree with your view of Chinese pianos of that era. I think with the Nordiska when they purchased the brand they were smart enough to not change anything the design. I was told also they purchased the entire manufacturing plat in Sweden and moved it to china.
Posted By: Pressley Re: Nordiska Owners - 12/25/21 08:40 AM
The Nordiska was delivered 2 days ago. It has a very bright sound similar to a Baldwin. The action is light and responsive. I will have my tuner do a few adjustments , but overall it’s great. Tune is holding well after the move,going to hold off a few weeks before having it tuned so it can settle in. Found out the year for it is 2003 not 2001 as the dealer had advertised. I’m still new to the forum,once I figure out how to post photos I will share. Happy Holidays.
Posted By: Rich Galassini Re: Nordiska Owners - 12/27/21 03:31 AM
Originally Posted by Pressley
The Nordiska was delivered 2 days ago. It has a very bright sound similar to a Baldwin. The action is light and responsive. I will have my tuner do a few adjustments , but overall it’s great. Tune is holding well after the move,going to hold off a few weeks before having it tuned so it can settle in. Found out the year for it is 2003 not 2001 as the dealer had advertised. I’m still new to the forum,once I figure out how to post photos I will share. Happy Holidays.

Happy piano! I am looking forward to photos.
Posted By: Pressley Re: Nordiska Owners - 01/20/22 11:11 AM
[img]https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d53ugIR3q34VARi4Zs9d_bnQ#Lealman[/img]

https://share.icloud.com/photos/08ft_l8zK-wlbvoN4B3IpmfRQ

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d9cwSQS3km3cOc8wIyK3VNAg#Lealman
Posted By: tre corda Re: Nordiska Owners - 01/20/22 05:44 PM
Congratulations on your Nordiska piano! I have not looked at the pictures yet but will do.How exciting for you! There's nothing to compare to buying a new piano.Best wishes!
Posted By: Pressley Re: Nordiska Owners - 01/31/22 12:25 AM
Thank you. I love it
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums