Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Bart K Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 01:46 PM
You may know me under by old screen name Qazsedcft as I have been posting regularly under that name since I joined but lately that name is starting to annoy me more and more. One annoyance is the visual similarity with the QAnon conspiracy theory, which didn't even exist when I joined and to which I don't want to associate myself in any way. Another is simply the difficulty pronouncing or typing it.

So, anyway from now on I will post under my real name although shortened for internet purposes. smile
Posted By: dogperson Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 02:24 PM
Great, Bart!
Think I can actually type ‘Bart’ without misspelling it! Thanks for never complaining when your old name was misspelled 😊
Posted By: Bart K Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by dogperson
Great, Bart!
Think I can actually type ‘Bart’ without misspelling it! Thanks for never complaining when your old name was misspelled 😊
No worries. I realize Qazsedcft is not so easy to type and it's one of the reasons I don't want to use that name anymore.
Posted By: ShiroKuro Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 05:21 PM
Hey Bart! Nice to re-meet you! smile

I also had a hard time with your name, but Bart will be easy! (And I have a colleague at work who I like a lot who's name is Bart, so there's a nice association there smile
Posted By: Animisha Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 05:31 PM
Goodbye Qazsedcft and welcome Bart! smile
Posted By: LarryShone Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 05:51 PM
Qanon conspiracy?
Posted By: EVC2017 Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 07:19 PM
Welcome [Linked Image]

Sorry, I couldn't help it. smile
Posted By: dogperson Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 08:13 PM
I think our PW Bart needs a new avatar
Posted By: Bart K Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 08:47 PM
LOL! Maybe I should use that as an avatar. grin
Posted By: Bart K Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
Hey Bart! Nice to re-meet you! smile

I also had a hard time with your name, but Bart will be easy! (And I have a colleague at work who I like a lot who's name is Bart, so there's a nice association there smile
Good thing it's not a negative association. smile
Posted By: Bart K Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by LarryShone
Qanon conspiracy?
You must have heard of it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qanon
Posted By: Sgisela Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 09:00 PM
Qanon conspiracy?

Larry, this is a peculiar American thing. If I were you, I’d be content to live in happy oblivion that I did not know anything at all about it. I wouldn’t even click on the wiki link that Bart provided.

To Bart, I will just say that I did not make any association between your old handle and Qanon, but your new handle is much easier to spell/pronounce!
Posted By: bSharp(C)yclist Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 09:01 PM
I had assumed you used Qazsedcft because you were a gamer ;0 No?
Posted By: QuasiUnaFantasia Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist

Is it a gamer thing? I thought it was the thinking man's version of 'asdfghjkl'. smile
Posted By: Sam S Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia

Is it a gamer thing? I thought it was the thinking man's version of 'asdfghjkl'. smile

I never realized it was an up and down pattern on the keyboard - cool. But now you have changed it to just Bart...

Welcome to the club of first name last initial!

Sam
Posted By: bSharp(C)yclist Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/19/22 10:18 PM
Those were the common keys for player movement and switching weapons, at least it was 20 years ago during grad school and playing Q3 and Unreal Tournament ;0
Posted By: Ralphiano Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/20/22 01:04 AM
That's a cool move for you, Bart! But, it really messes the rest of us up! cry

"Qazsedcft" is nine digits, while "Bart" is just four. I had already started prying the little keys off my computer to move them to their new locations before I realized that I don't know how to recreate that crazy, nine digit zig-zag pattern with just four letters! crazy
Posted By: Bart K Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/20/22 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia

Those were the common keys for player movement and switching weapons, at least it was 20 years ago during grad school and playing Q3 and Unreal Tournament ;0
I'm about the right age to have been playing all those games that used q-e-w-a-s-d for movements but no that was just a keyboard pattern I came up with. These days I don't have time for games. I much prefer spending it at the piano. smile
Posted By: Animisha Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/20/22 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by dogperson
I think our PW Bart needs a new avatar

On a serious note, I would advice against it. Because when I see the avatar, I am reminded, it is Qazsedcft with a new name. If you change the avatar as well, chances that many people who may have missed this thread, don't know who you are.
Posted By: LarryShone Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/20/22 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Bart K
Qanon conspiracy?
You must have heard of it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qanon
Nope. The only Q I know is the enigmatic character in Star Trek
Posted By: QuasiUnaFantasia Re: Change of Screen Name - 05/20/22 09:17 AM
The only Q I know is the enigmatic character in Star Trek

C'mon, think James Bond ...

By the way, I think Qazsedcft could have kept going long after QAnon's ultimate disappearance.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums