Piano World Home Page
Posted By: TylerMorgan1 How to Set VSL Latency in GarageBand - 10/16/21 06:39 PM
Hi, does anyone know how to set VSL Synchron Pianos latency in Garageband plug-ins? In the VSL player, it's done via preferences (I set it to 128), but I don't see how to do this in Garageband. I suspect this is a pretty simple fix. Would appreciate the help here!
Posted By: VladK Re: How to Set VSL Latency in GarageBand - 10/16/21 07:53 PM
Not sure what driver you use, but I set the buffer size in my driver control panel. VSL uses it as well, just lets you set it directly from player.
I'm not sure...I'm just using a relatively new Macbook Pro...do you know where I need to go to set this at the system level? It seems like I might have done this in the past, but I can't say for sure. Maybe I was able to set it at the Garageband level...nonetheless, I don't remember how to do this at the moment!
Posted By: sordes Re: How to Set VSL Latency in GarageBand - 10/19/21 08:22 PM
@TylerMorgan1,

The option of change the buffer size has been removed on the newer versions of garageband (11+). Don't know why it was removed in the first place. On my side, I switched to Ableton Live because of this.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums