Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Belger1900 Which small DP for silent practice? - 12/22/21 11:43 PM
Hello,

Initially I was in search for a Silent Grand Piano. Best of both worlds. Silent Mode and also the acoustic side.
But I am also leaning forward to perhaps purchase a digital piano (which I can swap out after it gets old) and a separate acoustic grand.
I would use the DP for silent practice only just to not ruin the relationship to my neighbors grin
Space is an issue and the DP should be portable. I need the space now for the big grand.

I have enough experience on top of the line DPˋs but not on Stagepianos or smaller DPˋs around 1.000€.
I like the Kawai MP7se. But it is maybe toooo much and not really portable. But I like the build quality. On the other side a simple ES110 would maybe do the job. I am not focussed on having speakers.

Maybe somebody has an Idea? I did not have the chance to test every instrument on the market. Until now I was only into Kawai or Yamaha.
Posted By: peterws Re: Which small DP for silent practice? - 12/22/21 11:57 PM
A large grand might well upset your neighbours anyway. But there are loads of inexpensive slab digitals out there.
I really don't want to harp on about my ES110 . . . I'll only say I love it. Try it along with others on your 'phones since the speakers are only small. though it has connections for an external system in case you want to gig it.
Originally Posted by Belger1900
Hello,

. . .
Space is an issue and the DP should be portable. I need the space now for the big grand.
. . .
On the other side a simple ES110 would maybe do the job. I am not focussed on having speakers.

Hold that thought! If the ES110 will do the job, and you're getting an acoustic piano as well:

. . . Just buy the ES110.
Posted By: ColoRodney Re: Which small DP for silent practice? - 12/23/21 02:45 AM
You can't go wrong with the ES110, ES520, or ES920. If you don't need a lot of sounds and features, and speakers aren't an issue, go with the 110. I like the keyboard better on the higher-end in that series, but it's a question of degree.
Posted By: Belger1900 Re: Which small DP for silent practice? - 12/23/21 08:08 AM
Nice to hear that the ES110 will be absolutely fine.
I received an offer for a new instrument yesterday, and if the seller accepts, I will just go for it grin
Posted By: Belger1900 Re: Which small DP for silent practice? - 12/23/21 02:48 PM
ES110 bought! Thanks. Paid 380€ for a brand new packed instrument because he did not need it cool
Originally Posted by Belger1900
ES110 bought! Thanks. Paid 380€ for a brand new packed instrument because he did not need it cool

Nice find! Use it in good health!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums