4 replies 4,007 views
P

How to take apart Casio AP-620 (digital piano)

Have the following issues, and I've been reading that Maybe, I have a battery that needs to be replaced in this piano. Does anybody know how I can take this thing apart? There are screws on the back panel, however, underneith this panel is held by staples which i don't want to mess with for warranty purpose. The top panel may be remove-able, but I'm not sure how to take it off. I could bring it in, but it would require two round trips that would take over 4 hours.

I'd like to give the battery thing a shot. Pictures would be great smile



1) Unable to save brilliance settings even with Backup set from Off to on. Was successful before.

2) Unable to keep Backup set to Off from on. Powercycle reverts backup to On.

3) When I hook piano's usb port to laptop, it gives error message "Error, data exchange" though the piano's drive does show up. The drive does not show any default directories. When I manually create and save the default directories, it disappears when I reconnect to USB.

4) I am unable to reset piano to factory default now as it would give an indefinite "Please wait" error message. I was able to reset it back to default before by following the instruction in instruction book.
Share Post

Re: How to take apart Casio AP-620 (digital piano)

Hello pianoworldanon,

You might have better luck posting this on PW's digital piano forum:
https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubb...al%20Pianos%20-%20Synths%20&%20.html

Good luck!
-Joe smile

Joe Gumbosky
Piano Tuning & Repair
www.morethanpianos.com
(semi-retired)

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -Marcus Aurelius
Share Post
P

Re: How to take apart Casio AP-620 (digital piano)

Originally Posted by Supply
Keyboards are hardly serviceable at all, much less by a layperson. One more good reason all of us here on this forum prefer real pianos... wink


If it's about adjusting the keyboard, then I wouldn't know, but if it's about changing out a board or electronic component, no problem. Don't be so surprised that some people on the forum have advance degrees in electrical engineering and know how to use oscilloscope and meters to pin point defective electrical components and be able to simply replace the component than the whole board. This is true in particular for people who live outside of the US. smile

Share Post

Advertisement
Advertisement
Busiest Threads
Forum Statistics
3,429,491 Posts
116,131 Members
230,458 Topics
Most Online: 60,203
Apr 28th, 2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5